The General & Monsters: questions still unanswered

My money’s on Fermanager. He could see the shitstorm brewing online with the botched release date and threw in Monsters to clear up the confusion. Can you imagine how said shitstorm would’ve spiralled out of control if we only got to hear The General when fans had believed for over 10 years that Soul Monster was The General?

Sounds batshit crazy but that’s my take.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, gavgnr said:

My money’s on Fermanager. He could see the shitstorm brewing online with the botched release date and threw in Monsters to clear up the confusion. Can you imagine how said shitstorm would’ve spiralled out of control if we only got to hear The General when fans had believed for over 10 years that Soul Monster was The General?

Nah not batshit, think it’s relatively plausible. The fact it leaked literally the night before release, once the delay was confirmed, I think adds credibility to what you’re saying.

Yes, I think the band leaked the tracks. Didn’t GN’R officially register ‘The General and Monsters,’ a week before the leak? Why would Monsters just be tacked on to the documentation… seems to me the band was planning the leak immediately following the delayed release. Who really would’ve been able to get soundboard mixes of these 2 songs and leak them

On 12/26/2023 at 11:09 AM, vloors said:

Since the bands now on hiatus, I think its time to make a 3rd, 4th or even 5th thread for The General and Monsters.

Add zeroes to each of those,.this time next month....

On 12/26/2023 at 8:39 PM, CAFC Nick said:

Nah not batshit, think it’s relatively plausible. The fact it leaked literally the night before release, once the delay was confirmed, I think adds credibility to what you’re saying.

It was day of proposed release, wasn't it? 27th....

On 12/26/2023 at 11:44 AM, gavgnr said:

Batshit crazy is more plausible than logical means with these cream crackers...so YEP!

• Like 1

Can someone enlighten me, why would the band leak something when they have the means to just release it officially? Is there another entity in charge of their music releases?

My guess is the original vinyl had both songs and thats where they leaked from. It was close to the release date of that vinyl too.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Sonicjam said:

Can someone enlighten me, why would the band leak something when they have the means to just release it officially? Is there another entity in charge of their music releases?

This is a good question because nowadays it's super easy to get a song onto streaming sites with relative ease. Makes you wonder why they wouldn't have uploaded it already since it's out there.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sonicjam said:

My guess is the original vinyl had both songs and thats where they leaked from. It was close to the release date of that vinyl too.

This makes the most logical sense 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 5:44 AM, gavgnr said:

I don’t think it’s batshit crazy. It’s been confirmed that some of the original leaks in the early to mid 2000s came from Fernando. 

I think TB has realized that Axl has a hard time releasing new music so they’ve done some things behind the scenes to force Axls hand.

3 hours ago, ronartest2004 said:

I don’t think it’s batshit crazy. It’s been confirmed that some of the original leaks in the early to mid 2000s came from Fernando. 

I think TB has realized that Axl has a hard time releasing new music so they’ve done some things behind the scenes to force Axls hand.

It came from Fernando but it wasn't his intent. He just trusted some people, who trusted some other people, who trusted some other people....

On 1/5/2024 at 3:04 PM, BangoSkank said:

This is a good question because nowadays it's super easy to get a song onto streaming sites with relative ease. Makes you wonder why they wouldn't have uploaded it already since it's out there.

This is also just for the actual distribution. Knowing GNR, I’d bet their contracts are written in a way that requires weeks of confirmations from various parties.