Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

3 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Hmmm...AFD with Izzy and Steven doing a few shows ??

come-on-man-snoop-dogg-4qb4nytuaucmyieu.

People really need to let that go. AFD5 isn't happening.

"bUt AxL sAiD nOt In ThIs LiFeTiMe!!!!!!" - Axl said 5 years before NITL that if there were ever a reunion it would be Slash and Duff joining his current band. No Steven, no Matt or Gilby... it's just not happening. At this point I don't even know why people want to see Steven and Izzy performing with a singer who can't sing the vast majority of that album anymore.

Maybe they finally shit out the last couple songs they re-recorded in 2019-20(!) and that's the new stuff for the final tour. But I'm sure the emphasis will be on the 40th anniversary of AFD.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Slash and Duff seem to do a great job directing their energy towards promoting their art. Unlike the lazy fuck that sings for GnR :lol:

If laziness was the reason then that would mean Axl actually wants to do promotion but thinks the amount of work required is too much. I don't think that is the case, I don't think he wants to do promotion at all. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

come-on-man-snoop-dogg-4qb4nytuaucmyieu.

People really need to let that go. AFD5 isn't happening.

"bUt AxL sAiD nOt In ThIs LiFeTiMe!!!!!!" - Axl said 5 years before NITL that if there were ever a reunion it would be Slash and Duff joining his current band. No Steven, no Matt or Gilby... it's just not happening. At this point I don't even know why people want to see Steven and Izzy performing with a singer who can't sing the vast majority of that album anymore.

Maybe they finally shit out the last couple songs they re-recorded in 2019-20(!) and that's the new stuff for the final tour. But I'm sure the emphasis will be on the 40th anniversary of AFD.

I don't think it is so farfetched. We probably would have seen an AFD5 reunion already if Steven hadn't been in so poor shape (back injury during rehearsals) and Izzy had shown up for rehearsals and/or money issues. A one-off show is not unlikely. 

As for an entire tour, I think only that could happen if they were to scale down substantially, both in terms of set length and production. The most likely scenario though, is another LV residence with a shorter set focussed on Appetite. 

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Papa Was A Rolling Stone will be released as a single (with a music video) on Friday along with the release of the album, according to Slash France.

@Free Birdmust be hurting deep inside that his favourite Beth Hart got sidelined for a Demi Lovato for a single lol.

The snippet of Papa Was A Rolling Stone sounds quite good though:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

@Free Birdmust be hurting deep inside that his favourite Beth Hart got sidelined for a Demi Lovato for a single lol.

The snippet of Papa Was A Rolling Stone sounds quite good though:lol:

Actually not :lol: I never thought the Beth Hart song will make it to a single because of its length. Now Slash chose the one with similar length :lol:

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Actually not :lol: I never thought the Beth Hart song will make it to a single because of its length. Now Slash chose the one with similar length :lol:

Which makes it even more heartbreaking! Slash only wants chart success, and not artistic integrity!!!!11!!1!!!!11

Jokes aside I think he was for sure not picking one of those 7-8 minute songs too, will be interesting to see if the radio version / video is a shorter edit.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DTV88 said:

I would take a one off AFD5 show over any new music. All day and every day. Unfortunately the fact they haven’t done it yet tells me it’s probably never gonna happen. 

me too man.. me too

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Slash already has recorded Papa Was A Rolling Stone with Rod Jackson era Snakepit for Ain't Life Grand, but it was left off the album (and also another song from this album, Living For The City). It's apparently also on some live bootlegs.

Man I would really love for Slash to do a reissue of both Snakepit albums with some of these unreleased songs on it, damn. I really need to hear that version because there's no way in hell this one will beat the ALG one, I still think that's his best playing, singer, and album outside of GNR.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Papa Was A Rolling Stone will be released as a single (with a music video) on Friday along with the release of the album, according to Slash France.

The single already has a pre-release video and an exclusive YouTube Premium after party with Slash schedule to May 17th:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

If laziness was the reason then that would mean Axl actually wants to do promotion but thinks the amount of work required is too much. I don't think that is the case, I don't think he wants to do promotion at all. 

Blah, blah, blah. He’s a lazy prick and I don’t care about your continual attempts to dissect the motives of someone you don’t know. 

5 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

Blah, blah, blah. He’s a lazy prick and I don’t care about your continual attempts to dissect the motives of someone you don’t know. 

I care about your attempts to dissect the motives of someone you don't know. I care enough to consider what you are saying, find your thoughts flawed, and offer my opinions which I believe are more accurate. 

• ABSUЯD 1

21 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I care about your attempts to dissect the motives of someone you don't know. I care enough to consider what you are saying, find your thoughts flawed, and offer my opinions which I believe are more accurate. 

You must be real fun at parties :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

But I think a convincing argument could be made that he is a prick. I will give you that. Not only has he acted like a prick many times, people who actually know him has referred to him as an asshole, as selfish etc. Case closed. 

No, let's open it again shortly. In all fairness, people who actually know him has also said he is generous, sweet, kind and so on. So I suppose he, like everyone else on this planet, has the capacity for both and that any black-and-white simplification will fail. Realitet isn't a cheap action movie with good and bad. People aren't one-dimensional caricatures. Axl is a prick...and a kind, generous guy, on a situational basis. 

Similarly, I think most people can at times be lazy. I mean, there are definitely things that any one of us can’t be bothered to do, to the surprise of others, because we don't see the worth. In those subconscious cost-benefit analyses that lies at the foundation behind all our behaviors, the cost of efforts will occasionally tip the scale, because we don't value the benefit sufficiently high. And this is individual. There are lots of things others do that I can’t be bothered to do. And vice versa. Am I lazy? Nah. Then we are all lazy and it the term has lost all meaning. Except to describe those that are habitually prone to not bother. Those to whom the cost of effort is always too high. Those who never get shit done. 

With such a strict definition, is Axl lazy? Nah. Even Alan Niven, who has an infinite supply of bitterness towards Axl, and perhaps for good reason, unlike people who just get emotional over not getting new music, has praised Axl's work ethic and effort these last years. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Slash saying that he wants to turn the serpent tour into an annual thing tells me that GnR as a touring entity is pretty much over. We may get one more tour when they finally put out the album (the fact that he still mentions a future GnR album without even being asked directly about it is a good sign) and then that’s it.

The question now is: What’s gonna happen to Monsters, Atlas, etc.? Will those still come out, even though it seems now like there won’t be another GnR tour for the foreseeable future? Maybe they could still put those out in 2025 as a “40th anniversary treat” while they continue to work on the album. That would be the logical thing to do, I guess.

I also wonder how SMKC5 will fit into all of this. Also, did we ever find out more about Children of the Revolution and/or the Michael Sheckner thing?

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

some people turn a lot of shit that has nuance to black and white and that's just not how life and people really function in a lot of areas but it's more easily digestible this way when you're, for example, bitter cause you didn't get what you wanted. 

I find it lame and silly to ignore the details and info that is available to us and we do have just so it would fit a negative opinion but those people are often too close minded to be even open to the possibility that some shit is in fact more complicated than to sum it up with a 2 word description like Axl is a  'lazy prick'. the same Axl that delivered 3 hour shows in his late 50's and early 60's for years now and who tried everything under the sun to make Chinese Democracy worthy as a part of the Gn'R catalog. 

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Slash saying that he wants to turn the serpent tour into an annual thing tells me that GnR as a touring entity is pretty much over. We may get one more tour when they finally put out the album (the fact that he still mentions a future GnR album without even being asked directly about it is a good sign) and then that’s it.

The question now is: What’s gonna happen to Monsters, Atlas, etc.? Will those still come out, even though it seems now like there won’t be another GnR tour for the foreseeable future? Maybe they could still put those out in 2025 as a “40th anniversary treat” while they continue to work on the album. That would be the logical thing to do, I guess.

I also wonder how SMKC5 will fit into all of this. Also, did we ever find out more about Children of the Revolution and/or the Michael Sheckner thing?

Children Of The Revolution was lost that moment when Axl got the mixing job.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Rovim said:

who tried everything under the sun to make Chinese Democracy worthy as a part of the Gn'R catalog. 

:lol::lol::lol:

dude disappeared for months instead of making promo for that record, didn’t release a single the proper way with video and shit, never released the follow up albums he talked about. That’s barely trying everything under the sun. Dear god…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

:lol::lol::lol:

dude disappeared for months instead of making promo for that record, didn’t release a single the proper way with video and shit, never released the follow up albums he talked about. That’s barely trying everything under the sun. Dear god…

I don't think you understood what I meant. I was talking about musically trying everything, finding the talent to pull it off, making changes and going into the details of the record. Chinese doesn't sound like it was put together by a lazy person.

edit: and not promoting it was probably for other reasons than being lazy, Axl wasn't satisfied with how Azoff dealt with it.

as to the follow ups, it didn't exactly go as planned when a lot of people quit the band. the second record was already completed in 2008 so again, not for being lazy. can't believe I have to explain this shit to you tbh.

Edited by Rovim

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

me too man.. me too

Honestly at this point, I think I would to. I have closure with CD2, all- new music probably wouldn’t be great, and a final show with the 5 originals would be nice symbolically

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

some people turn a lot of shit that has nuance to black and white and that's just not how life and people really function in a lot of areas but it's more easily digestible this way when you're, for example, bitter cause you didn't get what you wanted. 

I find it lame and silly to ignore the details and info that is available to us and we do have just so it would fit a negative opinion but those people are often too close minded to be even open to the possibility that some shit is in fact more complicated than to sum it up with a 2 word description like Axl is a  'lazy prick'. the same Axl that delivered 3 hour shows in his late 50's and early 60's for years now and who tried everything under the sun to make Chinese Democracy worthy as a part of the Gn'R catalog. 

Nom, nom, nom 

slurp, slurp, slurp