Axl/DC Live, best quality?

He definitely sounded much better on the european leg, so would recommend those shows. Still sounded good in US, but you could hear his voice start to crack a bit and he was moving around more, in europe he was still pretty motionless so voice was better.

Somewhere, someday, somehow, it would be awesome to have a full soundboard or video released / leaked of one of the 2016 shows. That Prague gig was an awesome setting. Axl really was impressive with ACDC. Very fortunate to have been at the Manchester gig. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 5:18 PM, bangit said:

Somewhere, someday, somehow, it would be awesome to have a full soundboard or video released / leaked of one of the 2016 shows. That Prague gig was an awesome setting. Axl really was impressive with ACDC. Very fortunate to have been at the Manchester gig. 

That Prague show still to this day is maybe the best vocal performance I have seen not just from Axl but just in general. It got me hooked to GNR and made me buy tickets for the Atlanta show that July. 

13 hours ago, DSTK said:

It was, I was there...but the bootleg is terrible, there's only really philly that's great 

There's plenty more good recordings besides Philly. Marseille, Werchter, Buffalo, and NYC all spring to mind as pretty good recordings but I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting. There's also a couple excellent audience-shot Blu Rays from Vienna and Aarhus, the latter of which is one of the handful of times they played Touch Too Much. 

• Haha 1

Knowing AC/DC, any pro recording with Axl won't come out until the band are all dead. They recorded a show with Brian in 2015, but it was shelved because they weren't happy with the performance. After all the turmoil around that tour, they most likely just want to move on and forget about it. That's how they have treated their unsuccessful albums in the mid '80s; pretend they don't exist.

I wonder how Axl felt singing some of the awful lyrics to the new songs written by Angus. :lol:

"Give it all, give it
Give it what you got
Come on give it all the lot
Pick it up, move it
Take it to the spot"

7 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

I wonder how Axl felt singing some of the awful lyrics to the new songs written by Angus. :lol:

"Give it all, give it
Give it what you got
Come on give it all the lot
Pick it up, move it
Take it to the spot"

Daddy don't..

21 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Ooft - perfect quality. I wonder what source this is from?

It still boggles my brain that no soundboard or IEM has leaked/been released. 😤

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Ooft - perfect quality. I wonder what source this is from?

It still boggles my brain that no soundboard or IEM has leaked/been released. 😤

AC/DC always give local news stations the first couple minutes of the first song in the set. You can find the same thing from the Black Ice tour:

In fact, I think Guns do the same thing with Its So Easy, don't they?