Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

This was the tweet, if anyone is wondering, So basically the Management told him Shut the hell up, you are not Guns N' Roses. Axl, Slash and Duff are Guns N' Roses. Poor guy is in the "band" since 1998 and cant even express himself about playing a show

https://twitter.com/CPitmanofficial/status/686486371775545344

If Chris is out and they'll pick someone else to replace him, I'm gonna boycott the whole "reunion" thing. Call me crazy but they simply can't ignore another guy who's there since 1998.

I call you crazy! Nobody cares about Pitman, including Axl who paid him enough during all those years for towel dancing not to feel obliged to anything.

For the first time I agree with you Neve.

If Pittman is out it'd be a surprise considering he's been there since '98 and he was just at Axl's house taking pics. Having said that! I don't think he adds anything worthwhile to GnR and I don't think he'd add anything worthwhile to the "regrouping" either.

His comments definitely seem a bit pissy alright, but to be fair, the cat is out of the bag! I don't know why Axl / Management are flexing their muscles here... unless Pittman actually has no role in what's coming up.

He's either out or there is an actual lineup announcement coming that management doesn't want ruined.

Axl did confirm the appearance, but other than Slash and Duff tweeting out a picture no one else has said a word about the performance or who will be there.

I just do not understand why Guns N' Roses are completely incapable of operating with any sense of logic or transparency. Why all the weird political games and Area 51 wall-of-secrecy? Why can't they just reunite a distinct line-up in advance of the date and do some interviews like every other band?

• Like 1

I just do not understand why Guns N' Roses are completely incapable of operating with any sense of logic or transparency. Why all the weird political games and Area 51 wall-of-secrecy? Why can't they just reunite a distinct line-up in advance of the date and do some interviews like every other band?

I couldn't agree more here.

At first, I understood things being so muddy because I'm sure there's a mountain of legal paperwork that came along with this whole thing. I also get wanting to create buzz and some sort of mystery, but this is just dumb. Not even Chris specifically, but the whole thing in general. It's just beyond any sort of buzz and mystery, it's just plain silly now.

• Like 3

So you could talk about shit till april. Simple as that, they need to keep hype at the same high level.

I do not agree. I think the hype would exist regardless.

If this was another band we would

A/ Know the line-up by now

B/ for that line-up to make sense and not some weird hybrid

C/ reading and watching interviews

Edited by DieselDaisy

And yet we have 10 threads on the forum instead of 1, thats the difference :)

Because we are all confused and argumentative.

Imagine if they announced a proper reunion, of Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt or Adler, Dizzy. Then imagine if they started talking with us. We would probably only be arguing over 'who we would prefer', Adler or Matt?'. That would be the sole argument (except one or two nugnr die hards like Graeme). The line-up would make sense. It would seem logical. We would have already forgotten about nugnr by now. So what would we be talking about instead? Well waverers like me would be a lot more supportive. We would probably be discussing the upcoming tour more, setlists, etc. We would be dissecting the interviews. There would be interviews, photo sessions.

This is what happens with every other band!!

When Kiss reunited they announced it at an award show, appearing in person. They then proceeded to do photo-shoots and interviews. The hype was tremendous.

But Guns N' Roses have to be different and operate like the gestapo.