The Hangover/I'm an Alcoholic Thread

AxlisOld

26 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

The only thing that doesn't get past our border control is cigarettes :lol::ph34r:

Are Canadian cigs still in that ridiculous shaped pack? Seems like they used to be in like 2 rows of 10 and you couldn't fit them in any sort of pocket. I used to always try to bring enough Marlboros to make it thru whatever trip we went on, but I'd always run out and end up with one of those unwieldy bastards. Can't remember a brand... they tasted alright though.

17 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Are Canadian cigs still in that ridiculous shaped pack? Seems like they used to be in like 2 rows of 10 and you couldn't fit them in any sort of pocket. I used to always try to bring enough Marlboros to make it thru whatever trip we went on, but I'd always run out and end up with one of those unwieldy bastards. Can't remember a brand... they tasted alright though.

lol. Well I dont smoke, but they used to come like this which is what I think you are talking about:

Related image

But now they come like this: 

Related image

I guess that is more pocket friendly. However, if you get them from off the reservation, they are probably just in a bag :lol:

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

lol. Well I dont smoke, but they used to come like this which is what I think you are talking about:

Related image

But now they come like this: 

Related image

I guess that is more pocket friendly. However, if you get them from off the reservation, they are probably just in a bag :lol:

Yup- that first pic is exactly what I remember! Not at all handy for a young dude to carry around. Probably a good deterant though... I smoked a pack a day for 20 years- quit 8 years ago. Down to booze as my only vice on Saturday night... ☹️

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yup- that first pic is exactly what I remember! Not at all handy for a young dude to carry around. Probably a good deterant though... I smoked a pack a day for 20 years- quit 8 years ago. Down to booze as my only vice on Saturday night... ☹️

And sad country tunes :P  Good on you for quitting, everyone says how hard it is. I for one can NOT give up my chips and wine :lol:

• Like 1

Depends on the liquor. Whiskey is correct. Vodka or gin are not.

5 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Holy. Dammit. Christmas. I feel horrible today. Screwdrivers. Haven't had then in a long time because of the sugar, I am reminded why. I've thrown up 4 times today.

4 hours...it took me 4 hours from this to make a screwdriver. I don't learn things.

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

I should probably cut back. 

I took some sudafed yesterday and chased it with a tea. It was pretty euphoric and felt like a mild adderall high. I am pretty sensitive to stimulants. 

Then took a benzo and had a few beers while watching a movie. 

But it was my day off. 

I got a bunch of Ambien and Valium at Costco in December and brought it back to the UK. Woke up in hospital within a week of getting home. :lol: 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I got a bunch of Ambien and Valium at Costco in December and brought it back to the UK. Woke up in hospital within a week of getting home. :lol: 

I remember, you posted it when you woke up and freaked us all out. You didn't have trouble getting those into the UK? Went on a cruise to Mexico several years ago and one of the girls got huge bottles of drugs down there and hid them all kinds of places to get them thru customs when we got back to the US...we all stayed away from her in customs because she was all spaced out and we were afraid she would get caught...but she made it through OK other than being told to remove her sunglasses that she wasn't on vacation anymore by the customs inspectors..:P:facepalm:

Edited by BlueJean Baby
typo