Pitman confirmed at Coachella

Fuck me. The CD songs literally serve no purpose being played anymore other than protecting Axl's fragile ego because they failed. Ugh, again I'm trying to remain positive, and I'm stoked we get to at least hear Slash and Axl together again. But Pitman now too? Absolute disgrace. Do they really have to botch a reunion because Axl's not done pretending the CD era was anything besides a colossal fuck up? If you're gonna do a reunion, then either go full throttle or fuck off.

• Like 2

Pitman is by all accounts a very valid member of the crew.

I think he is sort of a link between the technical side of arranging such big gigs and the band itself. He's not the quarterback, but still plays a part.

I'm sure he's a great human and someone you can trust. Therefore I'm glad he gets the gig.

Musically, he's like a third guitarist: Not really needed, but could come in handy when called upon.

I wanna say something to some of you immature ignorant kids on here (not necessarily kids by age):

Chris has a family. Maybe kids. Imagine how proud they must be. Imagine how great this must be for Chris himself.

And here, on the biggest fan site in the world, people propose that we should insult him on Twitter etc?

Fuck you!

I was here almost from the start. Been reading this place every fucking day for 10+ years. No one is a bigger fan of the original Guns than I am.

Why have I been here? Well, to look for signs of new music.

And I guess, always looking out for clues about a possible reunion.

Now we fucking HAVE IT!!! Let's ONLY focus on the positives. We owe it to the band. To ALL the members. To ourselves.

People must stop bullying people from the safe haven behind a nickname. It's ok to have opinions, but it's never ok to insult and bully.

Chris P: I'm glad you're there to help out in every way the guys need your input. Enjoy the ride! If I was even remotely related to you, I'd be a proud man!

To all the bashers:

You're welcome to join me at work and talk to Syrian refugees about the troubles and annoying things in your life.

Happy 2016 everyone!

This. All of this.

• Like 3

Hell....before it's all said and done this so called "reunion" may turn out to be nothing more than Slash and Duff doing a one off guest appearance at a NUGNR show...

I think it'll depend on whether Axl and Slash can get along for a decent amount of time. Hopefully Axl is done with the prima donna stuff as I can't see Slash putting up with it, I mean he didn't first time round. Personally I think it'll probably go smoothly I mean by even asking Slash back Axl has realised he couldn't really continue with nuGuns after two guitarists had quit so I imagine he'll be on his best behaviour.

Edited by BassistSeb

Hell....before it's all said and done this so called "reunion" may turn out to be nothing more than Slash and Duff doing a one off guest appearance at a NUGNR show...

I think it'll depend on whether Axl and Slash can get along for a decent amount of time. Hopefully Axl is done with the prima donna stuff as I can't see Slash putting up with it, I mean he didn't first time round. Personally I think it'll probably go smoothly I mean by even asking Slash back Axl has realised he couldn't really continue with nuGuns after two guitarists had quit so I imagine he'll be on his best behaviour.

What I meant was...we are likely to end up with more NUGNR members than original members...so rather than being a genuine reunion with a real Guns look, feel, and sound...it will be more like when Izzy or Duff showed up as guests at a NUGNR show. And I get that for a lot of fans (and especially fans of NUGNR) that lineup will be sufficient. But for those of us who were hungry for the real deal, this is turning out to be anti-climactic to say the least. We haven't been waiting 20+ years to see Fortus and Pitman...

• Like 1

Maybe. Who knows, maybe this is only the first step on a tall ladder of fucking awesome shit.

What I meant was...we are likely to end up with more NUGNR members than original members...so rather than being a genuine reunion with a real Guns look, feel, and sound...it will be more like when Izzy or Duff showed up as guests at a NUGNR show. And I get that for a lot of fans (and especially fans of NUGNR) that lineup will be sufficient. But for those of us who were hungry for the real deal, this is turning out to be anti-climactic to say the least. We haven't been waiting 20+ years to see Fortus and Pitman...

Agreed 100% great post

Ah I get you and yeah I completely agree. The only guy who I could have seen staying is Richard due to Izzy most likely declining the offer. I think it's pretty crazy that Frank is drumming rather than Matt though. I'm not a Frank hater and I've loved him in nuGuns but I was hoping for the HOF lineup. It's like if David Gilmour joined Roger Waters' solo band, they called it 'Pink Floyd' but excluded Nick Mason. And yeah, I know Matt isn't Adler but still he was a member from the classic era and played with Duff and Slash in VR.

Edited by BassistSeb

Slash doesn't agree with synthesisers, at least as of a 2011 Music Radar interview

Well he'd better liven his fuckin' ideas up or it's back to humpin' Cypress Hill on remixes and handing his black American Express card back :lol:

Good god that was horrible. Other than a few hotties in the audience. Still like Slash's tone.

Fuck me. The CD songs literally serve no purpose being played anymore other than protecting Axl's fragile ego because they failed. Ugh, again I'm trying to remain positive, and I'm stoked we get to at least hear Slash and Axl together again. But Pitman now too? Absolute disgrace. Do they really have to botch a reunion because Axl's not done pretending the CD era was anything besides a colossal fuck up? If you're gonna do a reunion, then either go full throttle or fuck off.

This.

I really didn't think anything could disappoint me when we first started to hear rumblings of a possible reunion.... but here it is. Bummer. It's safe to assume this is something that Axl stipulated. I honestly wish Slash and Duff would not have agreed to this bullshit. If it shuts down the reunion then fuck it, no one ever thought it would happen anyway. It's like they think their fans are fuckin clueless. Including any of the nu guys in a show billed as a "regrouping of the iconic line-up" is making this feel more like a parody of a reunion rather than the actual one I was hoping for.

• Like 3

This.

I really didn't think anything could disappoint me when we first started to hear rumblings of a possible reunion.... but here it is. Bummer. It's safe to assume this is something that Axl stipulated. I honestly wish Slash and Duff would not have agreed to this bullshit. If it shuts down the reunion then fuck it, no one ever thought it would happen anyway. It's like they think their fans are fuckin clueless. Including any of the nu guys in a show billed as a "regrouping of the iconic line-up" is making this feel more like a parody of a reunion rather than the actual one I was hoping for.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised and disappointed that Slash agreed to this half-assed "reunion"....surely he had enough leverage to say "we either do it right or not at all...if it's not going to be the real deal, then count me out...". There is a sense in which Slash really held all the cards. After all Duff and Axl had already done some shows together. No news there. The real draw that created all the buzz and excitement was Slash coming back to the fold. No Slash, no reunion. So with that much leverage you would think he would have been able to make sure that this was done the right way...

This.

Yeah, I'm actually surprised and disappointed that Slash agreed to this half-assed "reunion"....surely he had enough leverage to say "we either do it right or not at all...if it's not going to be the real deal, then count me out...". There is a sense in which Slash really held all the cards. After all Duff and Axl had already done some shows together. No news there. The real draw that created all the buzz and excitement was Slash coming back to the fold. No Slash, no reunion. So with that much leverage you would think he would have been able to make sure that this was done the right way...

I imagine Slash is just happy to get the payday and I'm also sure the behind the scenes negotiations were very "interesting." there's no doubt in my mind Axl retained more control of the proceedings and Slash was probably just kinda going along with most of it in fear of potentially underpinning it.

According to Adler, Slash doesn't trust him and Duff doesn't like him, so his exclusion isn't surprising. Izzy was never going to be a guarantee. He left the band years ago because he was sick of the attention so unless he was really in need of a pay day - and his lifestyle isn't extravagant so why would he? - I always figured he'd be a wild card.

This doesn't surprise me. We know Axl too well to expect a minimalized lineup. Keeping some of the new band members is not only a loyalty thing, it probably helps him feel like he's retaining enough personnel to validate the last 20 years of his career.

Likely. Hopefully this is just a huge step towards something more than hybrid. But for now it's what we've got and I'll try to be as excited as I can.