04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

considering Velvet is pretty much dead and buried, 

I want one, just one, smart aleck reporter to ask Slash and Duff, "So... how's the search for a new singer for Velvet Revolver coming along? Any new candidates?"

43 minutes ago, 3rd Wheel said:

8.) Slash was getting LIT on some endings. His finish to Sweet Child was killer. And he did a hop and final chord right up to Axl's throne. Someone said it was like he and Richard were his knights. That is perfect.

Axl is a King on His Throne. Sluffus aka Slash, Duff N' Richard Fortus are His knights :headbang:

Finally got a chance to skim through parts I wanted to see. Fucking amazing. Can't believe they played Coma. 

Interesting to hear Chinese songs. They sound much better with 2 guitars and all. Slash's solos on them are great in a sense. Maybe it's just cuz I'm so used to hearing the Bucket and Robin on better and CDCD, Slash's just sound different. They're great in their own way, but it's so weird to hear those songs with different solos. It'll grow on me I'm sure. 

This I Love solo is fucking great though. No complaints at allabout that one. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, spliff said:

this guys got the best quality

This guy's a local legend. Always delivers great footage (and vocal covers too :D).
Unless his account's been removed, you can thank him like in person. :)

Edited by Scumcat Esq.
Spelling is a bitch.

16 minutes ago, Chilliconcarne said:

It would be interesting to hear what slither would sound like with axl singing, slither and fall to pieces would have been great gnr songs imo 

Pretty sure Fall to Pieces is something Slash brought to Axl multiple times between 1994 and 1996 with the intention for Axl to sing it but Axl was never interested. Hopefully he has a change of heart now. 

12 minutes ago, Philipm787 said:

Is anybody else overwhelmed? Just wholly and truly overwhelmed? I watched the whole thing live on periscope, and it is the single greatest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. Sure Axls voice wasn't perfect, but it's not about that anymore. This is something more. This is two of the greatest rock n roll musicans ever playing together again, and consequently making the world and peoples lives infinitely better. I got very emotional during estranged and NR, I was just overcome with joy. I cannot watch any of the videos, especially the close ups, without a massive smile coming on my face. Life is good. Long live Guns N' Fucking Roses.

Agreed.

I think the big thing is this isn't just about Axl anymore. Previously in Nu guns it was ALL about him, so if he had a bad night, it really reflected. Now even if Axl does have shakey moments (there were still a few to be fair in this show) you have Slash and Duff both playing their paet and taking the pressure off Axl.

Frank and Fortus both rose to the occasion as well to be fair to them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I wonder if Axl has the band learning the whole of ChiDem?  I.R.S. and Madagascar could be great with the current band

Maybe even Shackler's :awesomeface:

I really don't think that they'll add more songs except for occasional There Was A Time here and there. 

1 hour ago, Estranged Reality said:

absolutely agree.

I've been saying this snice 2006. when he got pissed at that English show (donington I think it was? or download?) and he stood still on stage for Better he sounded fantastic.

i think 95% studio version