Adler Show Cancelled, Whiskey Twitter Teases GN'R Show

1 minute ago, Axl_morris said:

you guys are clutching massive straws.

it'll be a tribute band. nothing more.

Cant see GNR contacting a tribute band to use them as an alias.

That's not what I think would be the plan at all. What I think might happen is the tribute band performs a song or two, and then they go like "we're gonna bring out some friends of ours, and then imagine the faces of the people when it's the complete AFD line up taking over the instruments:lol:. And then the reactions of the guys who were there because they thought its GNR and left after the first song, and then hear real GNR came out later?:lol: I would kill myself if that happened to me haha. With this band, anything can happen. I think they're deliberately fucking with us here, a tribute band is not a "big announcement".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

While it could still be a joke, I find it hard to fathom how they would use a legit bands (albeit a tribute band) name and logo to advertise a show, and have it end up being the real Guns N' Roses.

Seems like the Whiskey just tried to build hype with the Gn'R hashtag and all.

Interesting development.  Wonder if the real band will show up and kick these guys off the stage.  If I lived near I would buy cause why not?  At worst you get a cover band

http://www.bandsintown.com/HollywoodRoses/start_tracking?came_from=211

This was posted on their Facebook page a few hours ago. I'm wondering why they are saying that they will play at the Whisky in May, while the Whisky says April..

if the date had changed due to the Adler gig cancellation, they wouldn't have posted this. Am I wrong?

2 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

While it could still be a joke, I find it hard to fathom how they would use a legit bands (albeit a tribute band) name and logo to advertise a show, and have it end up being the real Guns N' Roses.

Seems like the Whiskey just tried to build hype with the Gn'R hashtag and all.

I feel slightly insulted for almost falling for it.

I saw Rob Zombie about 13 years ago only it was billed as a tribute act called Meet The Kreeper. They weren't allowed to call it Rob Zombie since he was playing Ozzfest that year I believe and there were advertising restrictions due to the Promoters.  It was around $20 in advance which I found to be expensive for a tribute band in a small club. Word leaked that it was actually Rob Zombie that afternoon and the show was sold out. It was awesome to see him in a tiny club.

2 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Interesting development.  Wonder if the real band will show up and kick these guys off the stage.  If I lived near I would buy cause why not?  At worst you get a cover band

I'd do exactly the same. $20 is worth the gamble.

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

I saw Rob Zombie about 13 years ago only it was billed as a tribute act called Meet The Kreeper. They weren't allowed to call it Rob Zombie since he was playing Ozzfest that year I believe and there were advertising restrictions due to the Promoters.  It was around $20 in advance which I found to be expensive for a tribute band in a small club. Word leaked that it was actually Rob Zombie that afternoon and the show was sold out. It was awesome to see him in a tiny club.

Good point. I wonder if because of Coachella, "Guns N Roses" isn't legally allowed to play within a certain radius beforehand. I know they have that restriction when bands play Lollapalooza.

Edited by born2boogie

Damn it would be funny and legendary, if it was actually GNR. I kinda hope it's gonna happen. It would be a MUCH more interesting first show than just doing it the normal way by announcing a show and then playing it, like a normal band. This april's fool prank would be a funny and rock n' roll thing to do.

Hold up though, I think everybody's missing a glaring omission in the Whiskey gig calendar for APRIL 5TH...

Lest anyone here forgets, please refer to your copies of RECKLESS ROAD for said date in 1986, which will be of course exactly 30 years ago...

Surely that's the one!

• Like 1

Just now, Blake Sabbath said:

Hold up though, I think everybody's missing a glaring omission in the Whiskey gig calendar for APRIL 5TH...

Lest anyone here forgets, please refer to your copies of RECKLESS ROAD for said date in 1986, which will be of course exactly 30 years ago...

Surely that's the one!

According to the Whiskey GN'R have NO plans to play. 

3 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

I have spoken to them, they are adamant that Guns N' Roses will not be playing there.  Just so you know, they seem sincere 

As if they'd let the cat out of the bag to you or anyone else. As I said if I lived in LA or I was going to be there anyway that day,for $20 I'd take the chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

As if they'd let the cat out of the bag to you or anyone else. As I said if I lived in LA or I was going to be there anyway that day,for $20 I'd take the chance.

Right but the option was there to say nothing at all ya know?  They chose to engage so for me I believe them as they responded when they could have said zip

I am going with they are not playing, you guys can do what ya want :)  right it is only $20, great way for the tribute band to sell out lol

Edited by gunsguy

1 minute ago, gunsguy said:

Right but the option was there to say nothing at all ya know?  They chose to engage so for me I believe them as they responded when they could have said zip

"No comment" usually means yes though.

I doubt its them, but having said that, if I were in the area I would 100% being buying tickets. Worst thing is I get fucked over for $20. Best thing is I get to see the real Guns for $20. Again, I'm SURE they won't be there, but if I were in the area (I lived like 20 minutes from there like 2 years ago) I wouldn't be able to not go. The worst scenario really isn't that bad.