Who says the end bit in Get In The Ring??

Who says the end bit in Get In The Ring??  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've just never heard Slash sound like those last 5 words in the sentence which is why I just always thought it had to be Duff. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm not afraid to admit it and I won't say the system is rigged. Obviously its divided a lot of people, and based on Downzy's story and Gill's confirmation from Marc Canter it seems like its Slash. I've still really never heard Slash talk like that "hmmm, well" which sounds completely like Duff, but hey I could be wrong!

For what its worth, I asked years ago no one was able to tell me WHO and WHAT some girl says in the middle of Used To Love Her when she yells out what sounds like "Saul!" so there have been these divides with no answer before!

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I've just never heard Slash sound like those last 5 words in the sentence which is why I just always thought it had to be Duff. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm not afraid to admit it and I won't say the system is rigged. Obviously its divided a lot of people, and based on Downzy's story and Gill's confirmation from Marc Canter it seems like its Slash. I've still really never heard Slash talk like that "hmmm, well" which sounds completely like Duff, but hey I could be wrong!

For what its worth, I asked years ago no one was able to tell me WHO and WHAT some girl says in the middle of Used To Love Her when she yells out what sounds like "Saul!" so there have been these divides with no answer before!

It is Saul and I though this specifically was confirmed to be Izzy actually (and not some girl)?

1 hour ago, axlsalinger said:

Always thought it was Slash. 

And as for Used to Love Her, if memory serves I think Marc Canter said that's Izzy saying "Saul" in an impression of his grandmother's voice that he used to do . 

I heard that too! Other question: the "no I wont" intro female voice in The Garden..it's even in the demo. Who is it and what is its meaning? no one could ever answer me that and it's the type of question I'd first ask over anything else if I ever met them.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

14 hours ago, EvanG said:

Maybe someone should ask them on twitter... I'm not gonna get any sleep until this mystery is solved.

I already did.... no one has replied... but Marc Canter has confirmed it was Slash. I'm now reassessing everything I thought I knew to be true about GNR ;)

5 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I heard that too! Other question: the "no I wont" intro female voice in The Garden..it's even in the demo. Who is it and what is its meaning? no one could ever answer me that and it's the type of question I'd first ask over anything else if I ever met them.

I wondered that too but figured it was just a random sample. I thought she was saying "no one home" though... as in "you know you're alone.. your friends they aren't at home"...

I fully accept that for a lot of people this thread will be the shittest thing ever, but when you've obsessed over these songs for 23 years it's actually quite entertaining to discuss shit you've always wondered :lol:

• Like 2