I wonder if being on the road again at this scale is challenging to Slash and Duff staying clean.

I think it likely does. I mean staying sober isn't hard no matter what and most artists have said on the road was a huge struggle.

People forget they weren't just doing drugs when home but on tour as well. Its why the many over doses had in hotel rooms and Slash checking himself out to perform after a few of them.

Touring is stressful always trying to have a bigger and better show. Stress is a trigger for addicts they say. Anxieties of crowds etc magnify it. I'm sure every day is a struggle 

Sadly whenever anyone tries to approach this topic the Axl blaming starts. No one is to blame for someone's addictions but theirselves. Addicts are quick to blame others for things. 

Edited by BOSSY78
Added

An addict will always be an addict, but I think they have it under control these days. I mean, it looks like there is no drama behind the scenes, the shows are selling great, they have fun on stage. They could always have personal stuff going on that we don't obviously know about, but it looks like everything is more or less peachy in Gn'R-land. Things are going great, so why would they feel the need to numb themselves with drugs and booze?

26 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Duff had part of his pancreas removed.Slash has a pacemaker fitted i'd imagine both have been told slipping back into old habits could be fatal. I'd imagine that would be enough of a wake up call. Slash doesn't even smoke now. Plus this time around they have their wives/ girlfriends & children with them. Last time they were left pretty much up to there own & could indulge on whatever they wanted. I don't see anything to suggest they will get to that again.

Everything you just said. Seriously, I was coming to post pretty much what you said word for word lol

15 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Everything you just said. Seriously, I was coming to post pretty much what you said word for word lol

Its true though mate the first time round they went from having next to nothing to being kids let loose in a candy store & being told to help themselves with nobody there to stop them .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jonah said:

With games like Pokemon go and candy crush who has time to get high. But seriously with today's technology it's easier to entertain yourself so you don't need to rely on booze/drugs to pass the time 

I don't think rock stars used drugs to pass the time so much as to fill a void.

3 hours ago, AFD5 said:

Duff had part of his pancreas removed.Slash has a pacemaker fitted i'd imagine both have been told slipping back into old habits could be fatal. I'd imagine that would be enough of a wake up call. Slash doesn't even smoke now. Plus this time around they have their wives/ girlfriends & children with them. Last time they were left pretty much up to there own & could indulge on whatever they wanted. I don't see anything to suggest they will get to that again.

Slash's pacemaker was removed a fair few years ago

8 hours ago, jonah said:

With games like Pokemon go and candy crush who has time to get high. But seriously with today's technology it's easier to entertain yourself so you don't need to rely on booze/drugs to pass the time 

Clearly you don't do a lot of drugs :lol:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jonah said:

Interestingly I heard on the radio this morning that alcohol abuse is at all time low.  Cited reasons:. Video games and social media.

uncited reason:. I think marijuana use has risen :)

Edited by tsinindy

Slash and Duff have been touring with other bands since GNR, and they've been okay.

I know Duff does his martial arts and I'm sure Slash is clean and sober too.

Axl still drinks, but I doubt they hang out much after the concerts.

I know most venues don't allow smoking anymore, but it was funny not seeing Slash with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

I think as long as they don't allow any drug dealers backstage they should be fine. this isn't the 80's anymore and I'm hoping they want to be clean and sober