Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I’m actually glad she’s fairly low in the mix for the most part. Her strongest asset is the backing vocals so that’s where her role really shines. To date, she has not affected the sound negatively in my view so I’m okay with her. Indifferent, I suppose. The band doesn’t necessarily need the second keyboardist (look no further than that Saskatoon show), but it’s not really hurting the current live sound so whatever.

I hated a lot of the useless shit Pitman added to the old songs. Luckily he was mostly low in the mix but I remember watching that 2012 London show and he was quite high in the mix in the pro shot. Estranged made me want to throw up.

I digress. Back to the social media!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I hated a lot of the useless shit Pitman added to the old songs. Luckily he was mostly low in the mix but I remember watching that 2012 London show and he was quite high in the mix in the pro shot. Estranged made me want to throw up.

I digress. Back to the social media!

I thought that he was one of the highlights of that show. Estranged sounded great with him. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

I thought that he was one of the highlights of that show. Estranged sounded great with him. 

Agree to disagree of course. He destroyed my favourite part of the song (the instrumental middle section) with his cheesy synth strings. Talk about overkill. I mean I guess it doesn’t sound bad so to speak as much as it’s a shining example of less is more.

But Frank is my favourite Guns drummer behind Steven and he adds all kinds of unnecessary fills so what do I know.

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Agree to disagree of course. He destroyed my favourite part of the song (the instrumental middle section) with his cheesy synth strings. Talk about overkill. I mean I guess it doesn’t sound bad so to speak as much as it’s a shining example of less is more.

But Frank is my favourite Guns drummer behind Steven and he adds all kinds of unnecessary fills so what do I know.

I just thought that this string arrangement was suitable for the song. They also sounded great on songs like Street of Dreams, There Was A Time and Prostitute. I wonder what Melissa adds to the song nowadays. 

39 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Good on him for actually sharing the right flag after this game, as opposed to him sharing the Union Flag after last game.

But yes, it's coming home!

Today in World Coup , The Beatles win ABBA....:P

5 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

It’s coming home. So is Slash. :headbang:

I'm not criticising his Stoke formulated patriotism but isn't he meant to be just a touch neutral perhaps? Would he have unveiled this if he was touring Sweden for instance? ''Whoo hooo. England have just beaten you Abba wankers. Now give us ya money and I'll play ya a GN'R tune''

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not criticising his Stoke formulated patriotism but isn't he meant to be just a touch neutral perhaps? Would he have unveiled this if he was touring Sweden for instance? ''Whoo hooo. England have just beaten you Abba wankers. Now give us ya money and I'll play ya a GN'R tune''

Wow, i thought i had seen everything possible that could be moaned about. Silly me

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Fucking Love Gilby..  Him and Slash did some good shit together between Guns, Snakepit and his solo stuff.  He nailed Dead Flowers with Axl too.  

Absolutely agree. The guy looks like he doesnt age. Pity he cant guest on SKMC stuff.

• Like 2