Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily 

Huey Lewis - Sports 

Gotye - Making Mirrors

• Like 1

Enigma - The Cross of Changes

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

GnR - Appetite for Destruction

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (best of)

Good for driving home to Toronto from Miami.

Reignwolf - Hear Me Out

Great Canadian rocker, if anyone's never listened to Reignwolf I'd recommend the album, and the old singles like "Are You Satisfied?". His live stuff is great too.

Posted (edited)

Dead Kennedys - In God We Trust, Inc.

8 songs, 15 minutes, all killer no filler

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 2

Dance Gavind Dance - Acceptance Speech

About to throw Pearl Jam's Yield on my turntable though.

Beethovens Symphonies 1-9 - Niklaus Harnancourt/Chamber Orchestra of Europe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Beethovens Symphonies 1-9 - Niklaus Harnancourt/Chamber Orchestra of Europe

You have decided to listen to proper music for a change?

Ben Harper - Pleasure and Pain (album from 1992)

Ben sticks mostly to the weissenborn on this one - very cool.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You have decided to listen to proper music for a change?

Whatcha mean 'for a change', I have great taste in music! :lol:  I don't pretend to know a lot about classical music (or particularly anything come to that) but I do like Beethoven, its very um...powerful?  Crashes and bangs a bit and then goes all smooth and flowy then crashes again and, I dunno, it has a really compelling feel to it.  In fact if I'm not mistaken the only other classical CD I have is a reccomendation of yours but I never really got my head around it to be honest, not that it was bad or anything, it was just um...I dunno, understated a bit I suppose, the quiet bits went really quiet.  I did like it though, fuck me, that must've been years ago now.

It ain't half a tricky thing picking what one to buy.  You think you've stumbled onto one thats like 'definitive' then you read some review online, a big detailed long thing telling you about its faults...after a while I got sick of it and just picked what appeared to be the more popular one. 

Edited by Len Cnut

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Whatcha mean 'for a change', I have great taste in music! :lol:  I don't pretend to know a lot about classical music (or particularly anything come to that) but I do like Beethoven, its very um...powerful?  Crashes and bangs a bit and then goes all smooth and flowy then crashes again and, I dunno, it has a really compelling feel to it.  In fact if I'm not mistaken the only other classical CD I have is a reccomendation of yours but I never really got my head around it to be honest, not that it was bad or anything, it was just um...I dunno, understated a bit I suppose, the quiet bits went really quiet.  I did like it though, fuck me, that must've been years ago now.

It ain't half a tricky thing picking what one to buy.  You think you've stumbled onto one thats like 'definitive' then you read some review online, a big detailed long thing telling you about its faults...after a while I got sick of it and just picked what appeared to be the more popular one. 

What one was that?

Harnancourt is a more than decent conductor. I have a boxset of all the Schubert symphonies.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What one was that?

Harnancourt is a more than decent conductor. I have a boxset of all the Schubert symphonies.

You know what, I can't remember for the life of me, Schubert sounds like it but it might have been Schumann...might even have been Elgar.  I remember the CD cover, its still in my house somewhere.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

You know what, I can't remember for the life of me, Schubert sounds like it but it might have been Schumann...might even have been Elgar.  I remember the CD cover, its still in my house somewhere.

If you like Ludwig Van you'll like Schubert's 9th ''The Great''. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you like Ludwig Van you'll like Schubert's 9th ''The Great''. 

I'll give it a listen, cheers.