Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

Enigma - The Cross of Changes

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

GnR - Appetite for Destruction

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (best of)

Good for driving home to Toronto from Miami.

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You have decided to listen to proper music for a change?

Whatcha mean 'for a change', I have great taste in music! :lol:  I don't pretend to know a lot about classical music (or particularly anything come to that) but I do like Beethoven, its very um...powerful?  Crashes and bangs a bit and then goes all smooth and flowy then crashes again and, I dunno, it has a really compelling feel to it.  In fact if I'm not mistaken the only other classical CD I have is a reccomendation of yours but I never really got my head around it to be honest, not that it was bad or anything, it was just um...I dunno, understated a bit I suppose, the quiet bits went really quiet.  I did like it though, fuck me, that must've been years ago now.

It ain't half a tricky thing picking what one to buy.  You think you've stumbled onto one thats like 'definitive' then you read some review online, a big detailed long thing telling you about its faults...after a while I got sick of it and just picked what appeared to be the more popular one. 

Edited by Len Cnut

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Whatcha mean 'for a change', I have great taste in music! :lol:  I don't pretend to know a lot about classical music (or particularly anything come to that) but I do like Beethoven, its very um...powerful?  Crashes and bangs a bit and then goes all smooth and flowy then crashes again and, I dunno, it has a really compelling feel to it.  In fact if I'm not mistaken the only other classical CD I have is a reccomendation of yours but I never really got my head around it to be honest, not that it was bad or anything, it was just um...I dunno, understated a bit I suppose, the quiet bits went really quiet.  I did like it though, fuck me, that must've been years ago now.

It ain't half a tricky thing picking what one to buy.  You think you've stumbled onto one thats like 'definitive' then you read some review online, a big detailed long thing telling you about its faults...after a while I got sick of it and just picked what appeared to be the more popular one. 

What one was that?

Harnancourt is a more than decent conductor. I have a boxset of all the Schubert symphonies.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What one was that?

Harnancourt is a more than decent conductor. I have a boxset of all the Schubert symphonies.

You know what, I can't remember for the life of me, Schubert sounds like it but it might have been Schumann...might even have been Elgar.  I remember the CD cover, its still in my house somewhere.

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

You know what, I can't remember for the life of me, Schubert sounds like it but it might have been Schumann...might even have been Elgar.  I remember the CD cover, its still in my house somewhere.

If you like Ludwig Van you'll like Schubert's 9th ''The Great''. 

• Like 1