[RUMOR] New album coming in 2015 according to Kaneda

Bumblefoot is a very talented musician. I really hope he re-joins GNR.

He said he and Axl would butt heads now and then, but I think that's a good thing. Having too many people just telling you yes all the time becoming boring. You have to be challenged to accomplish great things.

wait how come everyone thinks bbf is shit now..?

That's the common Axl fanatic turnaround. Bumblefoot was the best guitarist ever right before he - supposedly - quit Axl's band. Now that he's - supposedly - gone, he's nothing but garbage.

Many people had a problem with his attitude, not his abilities. He's got mad skillz!

How old is this material?

I think Axl should work on music with the current lineup. It doesn't make sense to release another album with different band members, unless Axl releases it as a solo album. I think that would be accepted better by the music world.

Axl can still give credit to the other song writers, but release it under Axl Rose.

Honestly, I don't care if any new music is released. I don't think any new songs can beat the original GNR songs.

7 of 8 current members were on CD.
How dare you use facts to back up your argument!
  • Like 1

Thank you Downzy for helping to weed out rumors. I can't count how many times over the years I've logged on to find a new thread already up to double-digit pages only to find it contains loose speculation followed by the same tired debates of what's really GNR, who should be on it, what guitarist deserves to be on it, the likely state of Axl's voice (or weight or hair), if MSL is masterminding something, etc. thanks for doing some screening. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

I'd also like to state that just because we allow for certain threads on new album speculation doesn't mean that any information contained within is valid or real. I have not substantiated anything that's been claimed in this or any other thread. It may all be shit. So let's remember that any and all threads that have [RUMOR] in the title contain just that, an unsubstantiated rumor.

If it proves to be proven be untrue or officially denied by the band or some who has the authority to speak for the band, the thread will be closed.

• Like 1

We aren't going to see a single leak, a release date, an album cover, number of songs, who's on the album, an interview, absolutely nothing until 2 months before the album releases. Axl isn't going through the same catastrophe of Chinese Democracy.

I don't think he realizes he won't have to though. The hype isn't there, the expectations are low, rock is a dead genre as far as the general public is concerned, and anything the band produces will be considered a success by fans because it will be something new. If the album isn't good then people will ignore it, if it's exceptional then it will get the praise it deserves. Unlike CD, the next album won't be a failure regardless of what's on it. It will have the ability to be fairly judged.

I've heard from sources within the band that a new album is coming this year. Most of the songs are from the Chinese D era. No free dr pepper this time around :) 51 Tuesday's left in the year.

Where and when did you hear that?
Last night. My source is legit. But does anyone really care to hear an album made by guys not in the band?

If it's mostly Chi Dem stuff like you said, then absolutely yes. I have no interest in a DJ Ashba GNR album.

I think there's a huge possibility of CD II being released this year, following this logic:

1) MGS4 was released in 2008. CD was released in 2008.

2) MGS5 will be released sometime in 2015. Hence CD II will be released sometime in 2015.

• Like 1

So... this is great for the Waco disciples (i.e. us) but what about Joe & Mary Public?

Will anyone out there give a fleck of a shit?

Will this be World on Fire levels of mass hysteria i.e. very little?

GNR still have a major label contract for an album release no?

If this album is coming in 2015 that must mean TB/Axl have secured approval of the songs to be released on that album along with a relevant marketing and promotions budget from the label or am I foolishly assuming that TB have had the intellectual horsepower to actually learn from past debacles and tee this crucially important shit up first before saying anything?

Oh wait..