Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

13 minutes ago, TigerBubba said:

Cafe Du Monde is famous for its coffee (still made with chicory when coffee alone was too expensive to make in the south) and it’s beignets. As Mcs953 said, a beignet tastes kinda like an elephant ear with powdered sugar. It’s delicious and terrible for you, but it’s a French thing.

They still cut coffee with chicory in Cuba as well. I was just watching a Jim Gaffigan special the other day where he mentioned beignets and elephant ears:

I've rolled back my dislike for the litho. Now that I know that it's a local reference... now I just look at it as a reasonably good idea that was just poorly executed. As I've said before, I like when there's a good local reference, but it still has to be executed well to be a great design. It's a real shame because I actually am a big fan of that brown-and-orange color scheme. I'm a bit of a sucker for it since I like the luxury brand Hermes and that's kinda like their traditional color combo. I think if you played around with the design, it'd be possible to make it look good. I mean, just look back on the Seattle litho of 2016. It's a VERY simple design but it's executed well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

Okay, so I couldn't help but play around in Photoshop a little. Maybe it's just me, but I think these subtle changes would have made for a better litho design. A more faithful representation of the Cafe du Monde coffee tin:

GBsTjZG.jpg91H69jSxVuL._SL1500_.jpg

I was going to do the same basic thing but instead of 70124 id put 102519 since its the date. Subtle little details

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Picture was nabbed from the litho group on FB, taken by a member on there. Hopefully the ebay listing is legit for people buying...

...Except the number is conveniently cropped out at the bottom and they are using the exact same picture for both listings.

BUYER BEWARE.

13 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

...Except the number is conveniently cropped out at the bottom and they are using the exact same picture for both listings.

BUYER BEWARE.

People do this all the time. It's not as big a red flag as you think.

What happens (especially on the night of the concert) is that someone buys a few of them with the intention of flipping them on Ebay. They're at the concert venue and unable to take a good photo. They want to strike while the iron is hot and sell their spare litho while people are still caught up in the moment and thinking about the design. They grab the best photo they can find online and list their litho as soon as they can.

If someone is still using that same photo like, a week or month or year from now - then yeah, that would be a bit sketchy. But literally listed before GNR get on stage? Seen it happen a hundred times before.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2019 at 11:15 PM, owenstar said:

I like both of the ones from Mexico. That Tijuana one is stellar! Both of them vibrant and festive. Nicely done.

Gods I hope SLC doesn't suck......would love to see someone hanging from the arch with a GnR was here note. Instead it will be someone floating in a dark salt lake (which no one does hahaha).

I designed/illustrated the SLC poster. I can say that it features none of those themes. Sorry :(

Edited by facefirst
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2019 at 1:21 PM, Mcs953 said:

That would have been a beautiful litho for Cleveland, Ohio screwed again, instead we got that ugly looking too dark design.  Cleveland just can’t catch a break.  Thanks amaninjapan.

I designed the Cleveland/Tulsa poster. No Cleveland ones were printed. I have the original art file for it but obviously couldn’t sell It as a GNR print. 

On 3/3/2019 at 11:58 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

I don’t know if you care about litho content at this point, but the Tulsa litho is of Slash’s guitar from the Don’t Cry video. The one he threw off the cliff. That guitar was retrieved and donated to a Hard Rock Hotel, and I believe is displayed somewhat like the litho. There is a Hard Rock Hotel near Tulsa. 

It wasn’t based on the Don’t Cry guitar. I just wanted to draw a gnarly smashed up Les Paul haha. 

Edited by facefirst
  • Like 1