10/16/17 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

gunsguy

22 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

According to Mark Kostabi he left for Europe yesterday early in the morning. There are also speculations about new ACDC album cover since Kostabi was there as well. This is what he has to say about Axl: "I can say from recent experience, he's even more jovial and fun loving backstage, telling lots of jokes, kidding around, introducing people to each other, saying how excited he is about the next show and sincerely reflecting on his future goals."

ivlypUp.gif

Less bloat, more jokes confirmed ftw

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

According to Mark Kostabi he left for Europe yesterday early in the morning. There are also speculations about new ACDC album cover since Kostabi was there as well. This is what he has to say about Axl: "I can say from recent experience, he's even more jovial and fun loving backstage, telling lots of jokes, kidding around, introducing people to each other, saying how excited he is about the next show and sincerely reflecting on his future goals."

ivlypUp.gif

That's awesome to hear...just wondering what those future goals are...?

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

ivlypUp.gif

There are also speculations about new ACDC album cover since Kostabi was there as well

this combined with the fact angus did not play is what i am feeling , someone also mentioned Sony HQ is in NY

feels like something is up .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blackieloveless said:

There are also speculations about new ACDC album cover since Kostabi was there as well

this combined with the fact angus did not play is what i am feeling , someone also mentioned Sony HQ is in NY

feels like something is up .

New AC/DC Album with Axl

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

Maybe i'm naive but I take their raving about the shows on Twitter at face value. Slash and Duff's tweets after the second show were super enthusiastic. I don't think it's fair to equate a degree of physical tiredness after 19 months with boredom. 

And it seems like everyone is just taking for granted at this point that Axl is on time/early; not ranting; happy and really into the shows. I can only imagine that Slash and Duff have private moments where they're like "I never in a million years dreamed it would go this well for this long." v

I agree, I don’t think anyone in the band isn’t enjoying the tour. But I think to keep things interesting for them they want to add a cover or a CD deep cut here or there just since they find it fun.

Holy shit, second half of My Michelle. :headbang: Haven't heard him sing it like that for...I don't even know.  I mean, there are echoes of album Axl there, a hint of menace at least. 

The band continues to sound good overall.  Only time I don't like Slash's playing is for TWAT.  I think that particular song is just one of those ones that will divide opinion.  I've listened to it numerous times now and it just gets worse with each listen. :lol: 

• Like 1

I don't want to get my hopes up, but could it be possible that a 3rd "rasp era" is coming up? While Axl's voice is a bit tired and sometimes cracks on the higher notes, the past 3 shows are among the raspiest ever since 2010 - nearly every song is decent to great. Maybe his voice is making another comeback, even if diminshed, like it did in 2006-2010 after 2002 being close to 2011-2014? 

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

You know I went to El Paso and I was there last night. It was 1000000 times better last night. His voice wasn't failing. The first 5 songs were full power like they use to be. 

Now he sucked YCBM, Yesterdays, and I'm sorry to the TWAT lovers but it did not excite anyone in the crowd. Extreamly boring. Even when he's going balls to the wall at the end people are looking at him like "why are you screaming" the song was poorly done. Axl couldn't be understood on the first third of the song. It sounded like he was mumbling. 

But with that said the majority of the show kicked ass! OTGM is sorely missed. It would add a great deal of bridging in the set. 

Loved the show overall. First time in that arena and it didn't disappoint. Most fun I've had at a show too 

Thanks for the review!  Much appreciated.  Yeah, he should drop TWAT.  No one is doing it justice, not Axl, not Slash, not the band...and it just doesn't have to be in the set.  I can well imagine it wouldn't be the least bit exciting for the crowd.  It's not a song you rock out to.  Bring back OTGM.

• Like 2

Having listened to more of the concert, certainly seems like the strongest gig of 2017, and IMO is up there with some of the best from the whole tour. As someone else said, his voice is still a little tired and worn as he does suffer from some vocal cracks now and again, but he really is giving it 100% in the last few shows.

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for the review!  Much appreciated.  Yeah, he should drop TWAT.  No one is doing it justice, not Axl, not Slash, not the band...and it just doesn't have to be in the set.  I can well imagine it wouldn't be the least bit exciting for the crowd.  It's not a song you rock out to.  Bring back OTGM.

I was most excited about RQ..having a strong finish to that brings the crowd right back into it. It makes the setlist feel so much more complete.

Slash blew everyone away though...god he was incredible last night! People were thrilled by his solos

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

I don't want to get my hopes up, but could it be possible that a 3rd "rasp era" is coming up? 

or that he have read some bad reviews

or that he puts more effort on US shows.

IMO Axl is a lazy bastard that give his 100% only when there's something to prove/someone important to judge him  (RIR aside :P), who knows, but one thing is for sure, this improvement isn't a "voice comeback", is just him putting more effort than usual.

18 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

...and I'm sorry to the TWAT lovers but it did not excite anyone in the crowd. Extreamly boring. Even when he's going balls to the wall at the end people are looking at him like "why are you screaming" the song was poorly done. Axl couldn't be understood on the first third of the song. It sounded like he was mumbling.

Wife and I were on the rail in front of Duff - when Yesterdays ended and that intro to TWAT started, we both looked at each other and she yelled to me "If they dropped Coma for this shit I'm going to fucking kill somebody!"

My own feelings on TWAT (I do not care for it at all) aside... it really didn't come off well last night in person at all.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blackjacker said:

Wife and I were on the rail in front of Duff - when Yesterdays ended and that intro to TWAT started, we both looked at each other and she yelled to me "If they dropped Coma for this shit I'm going to fucking kill somebody!"

My own feelings on TWAT (I do not care for it at all) aside... it really didn't come off well last night in person at all.

TWAT is a tame song. Ballads are great when they become anthems and people sing along and all that. A ballad that is not very well known tends to drag on a live a setting.

The only time TWAT seems to elicit a response from crowds is when Axl hits the ridiculous "Oh I'd do anything for YOOOU". He is not going for that anymore either.

1 minute ago, Pedrolg said:

TWAT is a tame song. Ballads are great when they become anthems and people sing along and all that. A ballad that is not very well known tends to drag on a live a setting.

The only time TWAT seems to elicit a response from crowds is when Axl hits the ridiculous "Oh I'd do anything for YOOOU". He is not going for that anymore either.

5 minutes ago, Blackjacker said:

TWAT is a great song on the album, but for a live set I don't think it works.

Personally I'm kinda happy that CD tunes aren't causing a good impact on the crowd (not that I don't like 'em, it's quite the opposite) but thats bc sometimes I think Axl is trying to repack these songs live with Slash n' Duff as if he needed to force more acceptance to CD songs, like taking an easier path to bring something fresh to the table. :shrugs:

12 hours ago, ironmt said:

I guess we will see where It goes when the tour Is extended Into 2018. They plan to shake up the setlist by having a 3 hr show with a five song setlist and a guitar solo. The show will consist of 30 minute versions of KOHD, Estranged, NR, BHS, guitar solo and PC. Ticket prices will also be a minimum of $300 as Axl has guaranteed to rasp one line per song.  

Ha. Can you imagine that? Just 5 bloated songs, 2 of which are covers + 15 minute jams in between each song so Axl can keep changing into new more outlandish Liberace style costumes. :lol: Wouldn't be surprised if that's what would have ended up happening had there been no reunion and nu guns had been playing vegas gigs for a decade. 

On a side note, Axl sounded decent last night and made a serious effort. I am not sure how the show was tonight as I have yet to watch any video's, going to do that now. 

Totally. He sounded pretty good on Madagascar. Not big on the "old man" voice but it was a good effort.

• Like 1