European Festival & Stadium/Outdoor tour announced - NITL continues into 2018

26 minutes ago, seely said:

Eugh, no solo UK dates. Really don't fancy seeing them at Download.

Equally, don't want to miss the chance to finally see TWAT or Prostitute played, given they now seem to be regulars.

Same. Really wish the UK got an arena tour like the US has right now. Hopefully they announce some more dates?

If TWAT + Prostitute are still staples by then and Axl sounds good, i will fly all the way from Sydney to Europe. Been meaning to go back to Bordeaux since I left in ’09, dying to go to Norway (and finally meet up with @SoulMonster!), and would also like to go to Tallinn. But I’m more cautious about spending a ton of money again since the Europe shows this year didn’t vary too much from gig to gig.

Edited by Amir
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Amir said:

Same. Really wish the UK got an arena tour like the US has right now. Hopefully they announce some more dates?

If TWAT + Prostitute are still staples by then and Axl sounds good, i will fly all the way from Sydney to Europe. Been meaning to go back to Bordeaux since I left in ’09, dying to go to Norway (and finally meet up with @SoulMonster!), and would also like to go to Tallinn. But I’m more cautious about spending a ton of money again since the Europe shows this year didn’t vary too much from gig to gig.

Tallinn is gorgeous, if I had to pick one that's where I would go.

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

6 minutes ago, Amir said:

Looking at the Download announcement, they've made no comment that it's their only UK show. So it's probably a safe bet that arena shows will follow at some point, so I'm going to hold out for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Incidentally, though - I'd FAR rather they get themselves back into the studio before they set foot on another stage.

In two weeks' time it'll have been 9 years exactly since CD came out and there's not been any serious peep about anything new being put out. 6 albums in 30 years, one of which is a covers album, is NOT enough for a band this good.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, seely said:

Looking at the Download announcement, they've made no comment that it's their only UK show. So it's probably a safe bet that arena shows will follow at some point, so I'm going to hold out for them.

Not in this run. Maybe in the fall, but I dont see them dilluting this now by adding arena's straight away.

More dates than expected in 2018. Hopefully not more than the market wants. They're pushing this tour to the limits.

It does make me fear they have no plans for the band beyond it. In the 2018 rumours thread, many of us assumed it would be a year to recharge the batteries and that they'd come back in 2019 with something new. Perhaps unsurprisingly, that now looks like wishful thinking, and if it does happen, we're looking to 2020 at the earliest now.

YES! Happy, happy, happy!  :hahafyou:  Another chance to see them again and hear 6 CD songs! LOL Sorry @Tom-Ass  Couldn't resist.  ;)

Axl will doubtless continue to sound like a warbling grandma but I'm in this for the band and Slash, and the whole experience.  Can't wait. Fingers crossed they add London later on.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

More dates than expected in 2018. Hopefully not more than the market wants. They're pushing this tour to the limits.

It does make me fear they have no plans for the band beyond it. In the 2018 rumours thread, many of us assumed it would be a year to recharge the batteries and that they'd come back in 2019 with something new. Perhaps unsurprisingly, that now looks like wishful thinking, and if it does happen, we're looking to 2020 at the earliest now.

Well the U.S Tour ends a couple of weeks. Until June it seems they are taking a six months break. That's pretty long, well assuming they do take break. I'm curious about what they plan to do until this new European Tour begins

13 minutes ago, Padme said:

Well the U.S Tour ends a couple of weeks. Until June it seems they are taking a six months break. That's pretty long, well assuming they do take break. I'm curious about what they plan to do until this new European Tour begins

I have a hunch they'll play Aus in Jan/Feb.

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

Still not coming to Manchester :max:

I really don't want to go to a festival so will probably sit this one out, there's always 2019, 2020 etc... I guess. :lol:

While I enjoyed Download when I went- it's a lot of effort (and expense) especially when you're the wrong side of 25 and have commitments. 2019, 2020… we might even have a new album by 2021! 

I'll look at a European stadium show if I can combine it with a summer holiday. 

• Like 2