Rumor of a new album???

I think even a single is unlikely this year nevermind a album. Id say 2019 at the earliest but probably 2020 and a tour. They will probably just add a couple of CD & UYI  songs to the 2018 shows to finish of the tour.

Edited by Gibbo

8 hours ago, Ratam said:

Mistery solved...😒

Really getting annoyed by people hijacking this thread to post screenshots of Meegan's social media. Somehow people are overlooking the first post in this thread and instead bickering over whether one of Meegan's pics determines whether or not GNR is making a new album. 

For those who apparently don't realize - there's a link in the initial post that started this thread that should be the center of conversation here. 

For the love of god leave Meegan's social media shit to the dedicated unoffical GNR social media thread. It's all junk. She's smart and not going to spill beans on Instragram and piss Axl off 

• Like 2

Here are the people who will know the intel on a new album...

UTA agents 

GNR managers (save your TB complaints for any other thread)

Almost anyone who works in A&R in LA or NYC (in a real capacity, not some joe shmo)

Ticketmaster 

Techs and recording space employees and bookers in LA

The assistants to any of the above 

/////////////////////////////////////

For ONCE can this forum wise the fuck up and start collectively hunting leads from any and all of the above? Vast majority of posters here have zero access to the targets I listed. I can reach out to people I know in  a few of the categories. If you're in LA and on the fence...just ask someone who is close to any of those sources or works in the biz. Report back. 

People arguing over opinions on why and how the album would happen, or social media posts or just everything this forum argues about 24/7 is a huge waste of time. 

Never in the history of GNR has a moment like this existed. 

If it is going to happen its gonna happen soon. 

So stop bitching, infighting and bickering. 

Get to work. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lio said:

No need to be so aggressive. I don't have any connections in LA or NYC, not even a Joe Schmo. Does that mean I can't post in the thread?

People are just pointing at possible hints that an album or recording may or may not happen, and speculating, that's all. It's a discussion forum. Everyone's discussing. We're no investigators or journalists looking for a scoop.

Most are here just to discuss a band we're fans of. Gibbo said he heard about recording in February, and that's great. Everyone appreciates when someone knows more or happens to catch a rumour or whatever, but most of us are just fans from all over the world. Don't expect everyone to go investigating or shut up.

Here's my issue - this thread has 20k views. Most of the posts in the recent pages of the thread (which are the pages everyone is looking at the vast majority of the time) are people bickering about Meegan's social media. When it's inevitably NOT something that helps solidify the rumor of a new album then 25 random people go "YEP NO NEW ALBUM COMING. THAT'S JUST A PHOTO SHOOT. ALBUM NOT HAPPENING. MOVE ALONG PEOPLE." So then those viewers I was referring to, who casually visit this thread, don't realize there's concrete evidence laid out in the initial post and then they move along. Well a bunch of those people might be helpful if their interest gets piqued. Also it's good for them to realize there IS a reason to think an album is coming. A bunch of people concluding shit based on Meegan's instagram is not going to do anything but waste everyone's time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

I think even a single is unlikely this year nevermind a album. Id say 2019 at the earliest but probably 2020 and a tour. They will probably just add a couple of CD & UYI  songs to the 2018 shows to finish of the tour.

But according to your source, theyre hitting the studio this feb.

1 hour ago, LovelessNL said:

Its bonkers to think they'd release an album BEFORE the EU leg. But I see that leg just as a logical way of capitalizing on the reunion. The first EU leg was sold out across the board, in huge venues and in record times. So it makes sense they'd come around for a second leg to grab earn some more pussy money. Hopefully they'll understand that NITL is pretty much finished after that and it would be kinda sad to continue with a reunion / greatest hits tour after that. So either they split again, or if they want to continue they'll NEED to release something new.

I would not describe the NITL tour in that way, I'd say that I'd like to see them wrap it up and move on to creative endeavours. However, from where I'm sitting I could imagine people paying to see the NITL tour for another year easily. The bubble that is an online forum, is not representative of the mass audience. When there's good press, and reasonable hype (Guns still have both) they will still sell tickets, and that doesn't depend on new music, the mass audience like the idea of a band making new music and not being a nostalgia act, but they don't actually care if new music is played live, they go for the hits /nostalgia and gnr like every other major touring act always play the hits and look after what the majority want; deep cut fans are not priority.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carmenjello said:

But according to your source, theyre hitting the studio this feb.

Yeah but that doesn't mean they will release it straight away. They aren't gonna start another tour straight after this one finishes and the casual fans need a bit of a break. But who knows they could do somthing crazy but I doubt it.

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Yeah but that doesn't mean they will release it straight away. They aren't gonna start another tour straight after this one finishes and the casual fans need a bit of a break. But who knows they could do somthing crazy but I doubt it.

I agree. Maybe an EP in the interim would be a good idea.

Even if they had the recording wrapped up by April I don't think it would be feasible to mix and master everything for a summer release. It's either going to be released at the end of this year or the first quarter of 2019. 

Considering if it's a full length release, I don't think it will be an EP I think they will come out swinging.

Edited by Order of Nine
Added content
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I would not describe the NITL tour in that way, I'd say that I'd like to see them wrap it up and move on to creative endeavours. However, from where I'm sitting I could imagine people paying to see the NITL tour for another year easily. The bubble that is an online forum, is not representative of the mass audience. When there's good press, and reasonable hype (Guns still have both) they will still sell tickets, and that doesn't depend on new music, the mass audience like the idea of a band making new music and not being a nostalgia act, but they don't actually care if new music is played live, they go for the hits /nostalgia and gnr like every other major touring act always play the hits and look after what the majority want; deep cut fans are not priority.

Well, I dont think (but tbh I haven't really followed it that close) they had some trouble selling out all the stadiums and even arena's in North-America on the last leg(s). So they probably need to drop the prices, do something special like another residency or whatever in order to keep it going. I really dont see them doing another leg of basically the same stuff for top dollar prices without reigniting the hype in some way.

If there's no new info before the European tour I wouldn't hold your breath. There's every chance to put out a single, a teaser, play a new song live or even just say 'we've got an album coming'. I'd like to think at this point in their lives Slash & Duff won't tolerate Axl's 'record it now, maybe release it in 5 years' bullshit for a second.

• Like 1

I really want to believe that having back Slash will give Axl enough confidence to release whatever he has semi-done. 

I bet he will ask Slash to give it his touch (I still believe Slash is unique in Studio, he's N°1 for me - not much into his live playing honestly) and after that we'll hear what they think are the best songs in the vault. 

I hope it happens that way (I would also hope for Axl to record his vocals the way he did it with Sebastian Back in Angel Down)

• Like 2