Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Guns N' Roses have an official live show, a show incapable of deletion, free from censorship, immortal like the gods,

Reveal hidden contents

It's funny because it also had a lot of troubles and delays for being released. Apparently due to royalities and things like that.

3 minutes ago, Waemoth said:

Think a reputable Japanese twitter account posted about it, and that it eventually was released on Ebay.

A guy also said he had bought it on a physical Japanese store, don't know if he was telling the thruth

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I still find it simply stunning that this band just refuses to sell music to their fans. 

I'm not saying that every user who downloaded or watched this show would've paid $20 for a DVD or digital copy. I mean, piracy is always going to exist in some form, right? However, MANY fans would've paid for this or any number of things if GNR had only decided to sell it to them. 

Yes, I get that there's a LOT of money I'm concert tickets, VIP packages and of course merchandise but come on. There's little to no work to be done in order to make these old shows available for purchase to fans. 

And if you absolutely refuse to let them buy it, why not let them at least enjoy it??

"We 're selling you fleece robes, ugly jackets and stupid t-shirts. We need your money there people!"

It's called "the marketing" /s

Edited by nikosgnr

7 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The "while you're breakin' down my back" part in YCBM - I have only seen Axl this ferocious in Perfect Crime, Indiana 91. Unbelievable energy. 

I just said the same thing to someone yesterday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidman69 said:

that's what I've heard. I had one video taken down that was simply a rock in rio 2017 recap and it was from some guy with the email address "Rockinrio@gmail.com" I disputed it and got the strike removed. I am guessing it was from Warchild. Is that the same person as MJ Stealth?

Yes.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Fuck this shit. Is there any other band that makes being a fan such torture?

No, there isn't.

David Bowie's got a vault just as big as GNR's, if not bigger.  Also like this show was, quite a lot of material in the hands of collectors and collectors only.

His estate is greedy.

34 minutes ago, Gackt said:

David Bowie's got a vault just as big as GNR's, if not bigger.  Also like this show was, quite a lot of material in the hands of collectors and collectors only.

His estate is greedy.

But his last album was in 2016 so theres still enough material for everyone who isnt a collector.

16 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

But his last album was in 2016 so theres still enough material for everyone who isnt a collector.

That's not really an excuse when there's literally albums of outtakes and unreleased material, and a large assortment of soundboard recordings that remain locked away.  Ryko tried opening the vault by releasing some of these unreleased tracks as bonus material for 90's album re-issues, but the Bowie camp was hesitant to do even that.  Things are slowly starting to trickle out.

Quick thought - did GNR use their own music to hype up crowds before shows n the 90s?

The Saskatoon footage starts with the tail-end of a GNR song being played over the PA - was that actually played in the arena, or was it overdubbed? If it was overdubbed, that might be proof that this was being prepped for some official release where they would have to delete copyrighted music they don't own before releasing it

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Quick thought - did GNR use their own music to hype up crowds before shows n the 90s?

The Saskatoon footage starts with the tail-end of a GNR song being played over the PA - was that actually played in the arena, or was it overdubbed? If it was overdubbed, that might be proof that this was being prepped for some official release where they would have to delete copyrighted music they don't own before releasing it

I think around the time they recorded SIDHY, and used it as an intro to SCOM, they also played it over the speakers before they hit the stage, for a few shows.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 2

The "GNR Network" mentioned early is such a good idea. I'd totally do it If i was part of a huge band. Just like the WWE Network, 9,99/month, the entire video/audio concert collection, some rehearsal and even concert livestreams, exclusive Q&As, setlists and other informations, pictures...

Whats the point of keeping ALL of this to yourself when millions of people are willing to pay you for these treasures.