It's So Easy Video Discussion - Now Viewable on YouTube

24 minutes ago, quikspade said:

I didn’t think there was any official live era home video releases.

It could have been promo VCD's they were sending to MTV and other stations to try and generate airplay - not sure how they were distributing videos to networks in 1999

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheSeeker said:

In my memory it's the common unreleased video (no timecode obviously) but with still photos of the band edited into the spots where Erin and the bondage shots were

They released two videos to promote Live Era. WTTJ similar to original video but with footage from the late 90s and the ISE live video, with inserts of Robert John's photos.

I'll post them in some minutes when I find them.

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

This footage is awesome.

Does anyone know what concerts does it come from? THe one with large crowd and the very end where Axl throws the mic.

Seems like Wembley or some 1991 shows...

Wembley 91, Argentina 92 and 93, Mexico 92 and I can't figure out the rest :P

• Thanks 1

On 23.5.2018 at 9:03 PM, ludurigan said:

yes, exactly, they were done as a "test" for the job of doing the you could be mine video

the band liked the result and hired the guy

Well that's a disappointment, that meant no full show then, eh? :D

On 5/24/2018 at 8:49 PM, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Erotica was banned.

As for ISE, I don't think it was banned. They just didn't release it.

Just from MTV?, i saw it quite a few times on a show called Rage in Australia. Being 11 at the time it was quite an eye opener thats for sure.

On 5/23/2018 at 7:19 PM, ludurigan said:

if you cant see the difference between a test video done very fast and a full, properly edited video, when every little scene is edited to achieve whatever perfection the editor is aiming at, well then there is nothing i can do to help you

oh and if you wanna spread nonsense information and make people believe that GNR did videos for brownstone and michelle, hey, go for it, its such fun to spread lies :rofl-lol:

Let me get this right:

You believe, a director who was given one chance by GNR to get the gig, would do the music videos they told him to make, "very fast", not "properly edit" it, and not try to "achieve whatever perfection" he is aiming at as an editor? You believe that?  Are you by any chance one of those guys who believe the earth is flat? You actually typed that and thought to yourselfyes! This is logical. Who wouldn't submit a rushed garbage video instead of a fully realized video the one chance he gets right to prove how good he is at music videos right?

You my friend, are a special kind of incredible.:lol:

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Let me get this right:

You believe, a director who was given one chance by GNR to get the gig, would do the music videos they told him to make, "very fast", not "properly edit" it, and not try to "achieve whatever perfection" he is aiming at as an editor? You believe that?  Are you by any chance one of those guys who believe the earth is flat? You actually typed that and thought to yourselfyes! This is logical. Who wouldn't submit a rushed garbage video instead of a fully realized video the one chance he gets right to prove how good he is at music videos right?

You my friend, are a special kind of incredible.:lol:

just do yourself a favour and watch the videos

then watch any GNR promo video

i trust that you will notice that those two videos are clearly not edited or finished in a way that a video supposed to be released would be

why?

because they DONT NEED to be

they just need to be good enough to let "GNR" (i.e. whoever was calling the shots in GNR back then) to know how good Mark Racco's was/is

simple as that

those videos are the equivalent of a "demo"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

i have no idea what you are talking about sorry

I'm talking about the guy who filmed the new york show and did the mr brownstone and my michelle and ycbm videos. He aint gonna release more because of stupid rules

9 minutes ago, Litti said:

I'm talking about the guy who filmed the new york show and did the mr brownstone and my michelle and ycbm videos. He aint gonna release more because of stupid rules

ok, i see what you mean now

someone probably has the film footage from the 3 warm up shows in San Francisco, LA and New York 1991

is it Mark Racco? Is it Guns n Roses?

the second question is: did GNR record the audio from those shows in professional quality?

if they did, then we have the almost-perfect guns n roses register* just waiting to happen!

all it takes is someone to put together the fantastic film footage with the professional audio recording and then -- there you have it!

* obviously the perfect GNR register would need steven

Edited by ludurigan

• downzy changed the title to It's So Easy Video Discussion - Now Viewable on YouTube

That might be the best GnR video I've ever seen :lol:  Guitar music, casual misogyny and crowd participation, I knew there was a reason I liked this band.

On 23/05/2018 at 7:00 PM, killuridols said:

well, who cares? A while ago means, some time ago, not yesterday.

You use it when specifications of time are not crucial for the discussion.

That is a while ago isn't it? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Litti said:

released 30 years late, where's the new stuff?

There is no new stuff, there will be no new stuff and they ain't as good now as they were then, so enjoy the then stuff.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Cool video.

GNR were way ahead of their time with inclusion of twerking at 0:38.  Thats 25 years before the "Year of the Ass"  :lol:

This vid sure is tame by todays standards; it only lacks people wearing goat horns and overt references to the Illuminati.  I guess this era is just far less sensitive then the one GNR felt wasnt ready for this video in 1989?

4 hours ago, soon said:

Cool video.

GNR were way ahead of their time with inclusion of twerking at 0:38.  Thats 25 years before the "Year of the Ass"  :lol:

This vid sure is tame by todays standards; it only lacks people wearing goat horns and overt references to the Illuminati.  I guess this era is just far less sensitive then the one GNR felt wasnt ready for this video in 1989?

According to Alan Niven, the band wanted to release it but he didn't allow it. He claims that he saved Axl by doing that, given what followed later (DV lawsuits).

Or maybe they intended to include it in a home video collection along with other videos, but it didn't happen at the time, and when they did release the video collection the DV court cases were very recent.

The Jane's Addiction Mountain Song video was released a little before the shooting of the ISE video (actually the concept might have been a bit of a source of inspiration - of course the ISE video is very GnR). I remember this censored version being on light rotation (1-2 times a day) on MTV Europe  (I think I even had seen the uncensored one at night, but I'm not sure):

But I guess the GnR video, if it was given to MTV, would have been banned completely, as S&M scenes would've been considered more inappropriate than light necrophilic ones as in the Janes Addiction video.

-----

Glad that they at least released it finally on youtube after only one week as Apple exclusive.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1