The Blues & There Was A Time 2001 Discussion **NO LINKS**

Well, I haven’t received any of the 4 tracks yet but I did listen to 2001 The Blues. That’s the version of the song I’ve been waiting to hear forever. It really is better than any previous version. Both of these demos are better compared to their album counterparts. I’m so glad to finally be able to hear them. I look forward to getting the actual files. Ripping the mp3s just wont cut it here.

5 minutes ago, zombux said:

yes, this is what the general opinion is. we got some very old sounding stuff, considered to be 99 mixes, altough I don't remember if Beavan was there already, they don't sound much like other stuff done by him I know. the "2001 leaks" are considered RTB, but the year might also be early 2002 or so. then some leaks got out in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and it's extremely hard to guess when they were recorded and mixed - at least the newer ones include BBF and Frank so at least partly they were made pretty much "shortly" (a matter of months maybe) before leaking. and then there are the Brain remixes, which are even harder to guess. some people thought that the TIL remix has new Axl vocals because it's very high pitched and raspy like he sang in 2010 tour, but I doubt it, such thing might have been recorded any time. I think the interviews with Brain are from spring 2009, so the remixes must have been made before that.

that's justmy guess, I might not be very accurate in many facts :) 

The remix album was blocked by the rec comp in 2010. My guess is CD II was also ready in some form then too. As Axl hinted in the chats. But seeing as CD “flopped” I guess it’s just industry logic not to put out part deux. 

I missed some leaks, like Dj’s This I Love with new vocals. 

7 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Jesus fucking christ, 2001 The Blues may be my favorite version of the song. I love it. 

It’s very different to what ended up in the album. This just makes me believe even more that Chinese Democracy came 7 years late

we now believe even more

22 minutes ago, Grayfox said:

Well, I haven’t received any of the 4 tracks yet but I did listen to 2001 The Blues. That’s the version of the song I’ve been waiting to hear forever. It really is better than any previous version. Both of these demos are better compared to their album counterparts. I’m so glad to finally be able to hear them. I look forward to getting the actual files. Ripping the mp3s just wont cut it here.

Yeah the youtube streams are quite LQ haha.

i prefer the album version of both songs tbh. no bucket outro in the blues and some of the orchestration makes it empty for me. no bucket outro on twat. but very interesting to hear. I guess I think bucket made chinese twice as good but that's just me.

Just now, Grayfox said:

Yeah. Which is too bad because YouTube rips will start making rounds now. Hopefully I end up with the original mp3 files. *fingers crossed*

I have ripped them because I'm assuming it' s best I'm gonna get haha.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zombux said:

do you know something or just purely speculate? cuz the only known remix by DJ is Better (and I truly like that one)

I’m pretty sure Someone was talking about it because someone got the remix album  stuff. And I thought that leaked a few years ago. A year ago. This I love and ITW remix and I never bothered to get hold of them. 

1 minute ago, Jw224 said:

I have ripped them because I'm assuming it' s best I'm gonna get haha.

I’m still holding off hope for now I’ll get the actual files but who knows lol. I’ll probably do the same for back up and delete if someone’s kinda enough. I already ripped the Bumblefoot versions of Silkworms and Oh My God of SoundCloud so might as well.