AFD - Both Special Editions (Piece-By-Piece Unboxing)

20 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

definitely not buying any of these, especially in light of what management appears to be doing behind the scenes to some fans. 

could you enlighten us please ??? :o 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

definitely not buying any of these, especially in light of what management appears to be doing behind the scenes to some fans. 

28 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What?

12 minutes ago, rossco said:

could you enlighten us please ??? :o 

There isn't anything management is doing to fans behind the scenes. There's a banned member making claims that they're acting on behalf of management by getting GN'R videos removed from YouTube and that's all.

Nothing really to do with this boxed set or the thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

There isn't anything management is doing to fans behind the scenes. There's a banned member making claims that they're acting on behalf of management by getting GN'R videos removed from YouTube and that's all.

Nothing really to do with this boxed set or the thread.

I had GnR demos uploaded 11 years ago on YouTube with 300k views each. They got removed 2 days who. Idgaf tho.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, rossco said:

both are still available to pre-order on the GNR official uk store, just been and checked :shrugs:

there is no sold out signs on the store for both these items.?? you should still be able to add to basket and purchase :headbang:

Oh, must've changed then. Both said sold out earlier.

I preordered the deluxe already 😊

• GNFNR 1

after watching the videos, I am happy with my decision to get the Super Deluxe and then compliment that with the purchase of the remastered AFD LPs.  Some of the other stuff in the L&L box looks cool and I would love to have it, but a little too pricey.  I was leaning yes when the expected price was $650, but not at $1000

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

after watching the videos, I am happy with my decision to get the Super Deluxe and then compliment that with the purchase of the remastered AFD LPs.  Some of the other stuff in the L&L box looks cool and I would love to have it, but a little too pricey.  I was leaning yes when the expected price was $650, but not at $1000

650$ would still be a fucking robbery! No disrespect man.

1 hour ago, Its Tino said:

Since he refers to the physical material as “faux leather” so many times, shouldn’t he refer to some of the songs as “faux unreleased tracks”

:shrugs:

:lol: Post of the thread! Well done! :lol:

19 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

650$ would still be a fucking robbery! No disrespect man.

I felt the same way but I was still gonna go for it at that price ($650)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Towelie said:

What are the management doing behind the scenes to some fans????

I replied this earlier, but here it is again:

Nothing really to do with this boxed set or the thread

• Like 1

After listening to the acoustic Move to the City I'm not even sure I'm gonna buy the double CD even. :D

I got a feeling that the original AFD is gonna sound better than the remaster and I bought Shadow already. Don't care for the demos of the same old songs at all.

11 minutes ago, Carried Interest said:

It's worth $200 at most.

This is a handful of redundant songs and re-released music offered at a laughable price point. It's like having an obese hooker charging $500 for hand jobs.

Maybe those hands are wearing some limited edition memorabilia rings which raises the price. :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2018 at 3:08 PM, RussTCB said:

I've got the record / music collecting game on lock down lol:

9u8cpc.jpg

I felt the same way: I took about 10 minutes to do the "Well... What's the big deal between $650 and $1000 really" dance. 

Then I came to the conclusion that I just wouldn't let them take that much advantage of me. Haven't thought twice about it since. 

You own a record shop or is this your basement?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dazey said:

You've already got 90% of it and the rest is just shit. 

Well, atleast we’re upgrading our demo collections :D 

I wish they included Mystic Sessions and Pasha Sessions but apparently GNR loves to half-ass everything they do

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

:lol: Post of the thread! Well done! :lol:

Thank you, thank you, you’re far too kind!

But seriously, I have attempted to watch the video a few times and I just can’t stomach more than the first 3 minutes. 

• Like 1