New Axl Rose short interview for Abu Dhabi’s magazine

I can’t help myself: 
"GN’R has been headlining and playing stadiums all over the world for over 30 years now..."

Now I know what the journalist meant, but the way it sounds...
It’s like, you mean 91–93, 2002, 2006–07, 2010–14, and 2016–18? 
Yep, totally 30 yrs. 

Also, I like how the editors went "Queen is the greatest band and Freddie [Mercury] is the greatest frontman of all time."
Like, THANK FUCK FOR THE "MERCURY" THING, I honestly thought you meant the other one, you know – Freddie Cobain! 

I mean, who is the target customer of this magazine, senior citizens from Jupiter?? 

Edited by jamillos
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What you believe does not matter. The magazine is following their stylebook, like any other editorial publication.

Criticizing them for that is a display of ignorance.

I think we’re on different pages here. Nvm.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, wasted said:

It woukd be cool if the next GNR album was also the soundtrack to a movie. 

That would be fucking awesome. Although I think something like Queen’s A Kind Of Magic would work better. Where some songs are soundtrack songs for the movie but then there are other songs on the album. I’m really hoping for a few new songs with the new Terminator movie. James Cameron is back and I’m expecting something good, and having GNR do another song for them would be amazing.

7 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

That would be fucking awesome. Although I think something like Queen’s A Kind Of Magic would work better. Where some songs are soundtrack songs for the movie but then there are other songs on the album. I’m really hoping for a few new songs with the new Terminator movie. James Cameron is back and I’m expecting something good, and having GNR do another song for them would be amazing.

It would depend what Axl has left over from the Beltrami sessions. But just a best of GNR with a new rocker single would be a great soundtrack for a movie. I guess if they are using material from all eras with a soundtrack song that would be optimum GNR. 

7 hours ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Agree i hope this happens. Hopefully it would be a song off the next guns album. Like ycbm was for terminator 2 and illusions 2.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Am I the only one feeling a little uneasy about GNR playing Abu Dhabi because of the human rights situation in the UAE?

The fact that Axl is just playing along, acting all exited about the F1 Grand Prix and not saying anything critical makes it worse. Human rights organizations have been urging drivers, teams and performers to use the opportunity to draw attention to the issues and speak out for the prisoners of conscience. If Axl wasn't going to do so, it would have been better not to grant any interviews in Abu Dhabi of all places.

• Like 4