"All of the material that hadn't been released was coming out in 2016, then the reunion happened." Tom Zutaut

2 hours ago, DTV88 said:

No, we have not heard either of these. Wishing it to be so, does not make it so.

Axl played a rudimentary version of the TIL melody as a piano intro in 1993, like he did with Prostitute in 2002 and 2006. IIRC this can be heard on the St. Patrick Day's Massacre bootleg (but I may be wrong, it's been awhile since I listened).

Then recently someone found a riff that Slash played during a solo that had a similar style to the CD riff, but of course is completely unrelated. That case is wishful speculation.

9 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Axl played a rudimentary version of the TIL melody as a piano intro in 1993, like he did with Prostitute in 2002 and 2006. IIRC this can be heard on the St. Patrick Day's Massacre bootleg (but I may be wrong, it's been awhile since I listened).

Then recently someone found a riff that Slash played during a solo that had a similar style to the CD riff, but of course is completely unrelated. That case is wishful speculation.

Slash never played CD. The riff was written by Josh Freese.

CD 2, easy choice.

I have seen GN’R three times. First two times were “New Guns” lineup with DJ and Bumble, 2011 and 2012. Then 2016 with Slash and Duff. 2016 show was fun, but the quality wasn’t there that the other shows had. It clearly was more of a nostalgic act.

I mainly got into the band due to the Better leak, and CD. So that’s where I come from.

At least with Bumble gone, maybe we will hear more of Bucket on the unreleased stuff. I hope they keep some Robin stuff too, but obviously Robin’s material is more likely to be re-recorded by Slash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

CD 2, easy choice.

I have seen GN’R three times. First two times were “New Guns” lineup with DJ and Bumble, 2011 and 2012. Then 2016 with Slash and Duff. 2016 show was fun, but the quality wasn’t there that the other shows had. It clearly was more of a nostalgic act.

I mainly got into the band due to the Better leak, and CD. So that’s where I come from.

At least with Bumble gone, maybe we will hear more of Bucket on the unreleased stuff. I hope they keep some Robin stuff too, but obviously Robin’s material is more likely to be re-recorded by Slash.

Just think if only Axl had gone the solo route, we might have gotten both!

9 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Slash never played CD. The riff was written by Josh Freese.

Well, theres a possibility. As stated in numerous interviews that can be read on Chinese Whispers, at the time Axl's band was browsing through live and rehearsal tapes from the old band, its very possible they/josh listened the Slash riff and tought was a good idea, then CD the song was born. :shrugs:

The riff Slash played is almost the same chord progression, with the same break and tempo as CD. Coincidence? Maybe. 

Edited by default_

On 12/27/2018 at 4:19 PM, gavgnr said:

Read a quotation from Zutaut recently and it got me thinking, what would I prefer if it was a choice between getting all the remaining Chinese Era music or a reunion in 2016.

I bet there’d be some pretty diverse options amongst fans, so what are your thoughts? 

New music. 100%  

Axl/Slash/Duff did hundreds upon hundreds of shows together in the 80s and 90s when the band was in their absolute prime. When they were literally the best rock band in the world. And they were touring what might be the best rock album of all time....plus playing brand new material. 

Seeing GnR in the late 80s and early 90s was like lucking out and making love to the hottest girl in school....and her twin sister at the same time. 

Seeing half of GNR in 2017 is like going to your 30-year high school reunion and making love to the girl you always had a crush on. Except now she is 48 years old, has three kids and the stretch marks to prove it, and she has put on 50-pounds.

Axl Rose is the best frontman of my generation. One of the biggest tragedies (music related) of the last 30 years is that he has chose to go a route of not sharing his music with his millions of fans. 

I would take new music all day, every day over paying $200 to see a half-reunion featuring GnR playing songs they made famous 25-30 years ago. Without question. 

tl/dr

Give me The General, Atlas and Checkmate over over seeing Melissa and Frank play It’s So Easy. 

• GNFNR 1

I would say the label would be the evil party IF they actually didnt back an album after Cd. 

Keep in mind, Axl didn’t help promote Cd. An Album that Axl worked on for 14 years and that cost 14 million dollars. Would you blame the label for being Leary of jumping into round two of that? 

And lol if Axl turned in a remix album for release. That surely couldn’t have happened. That would have been a ludicrous move on GnR’s part. 

On 12/29/2018 at 11:19 AM, Lies They Tell said:

Ok! But I'm interested about facts. What actually happened, or is this all just some speculation based on wannabe insider information?

Pretty sure it was in the bunch of leaked emails from MSL around that time. Bunch of juicy tidbits were in those emails, you’d have to do some digging through past threads to find the info

2 hours ago, Stro said:

He promoted it for 8 years before it came out and another 5 afterwards 

You can't be serious. You know what real album promotion looks like, right? 

It's definitely not planning, then canceling tours. Not to mention the complete lack or interviews and / or TV appearances. 

Are you suggesting that doing a couple shows in 2001, then having a tour canceled in 2002, then complete silence til 2006, then touring again for a year and a half is "promoting it for 8 years before it came out"? 

1 hour ago, Propaganda said:

I remember a little something about an album that had been rejected, that was gonna be self titled (Guns N'Roses)

That's just more or the rumors that came from MSLs infamous "thumb drive" deal. Who knows how much of that was even true. 

• Haha 1

On 29/12/2018 at 5:11 PM, Lies They Tell said:

I've never really read about the 2010 rumour. Do we have any actual facts backing the claim that the record label rejected CD2 in 2010, or is it just some wannabe insider information?

It wasn't a rumor. As far I as know Axl on twitter posted some bizarre comments. Kinda like saying the album was rejected. And I think also something about canceling the tour at the time. That tweet got deleted. And TB claimed his twitter account was hacked. Fans always believe that it was bullshit his twitter account was hacked. He never used the words "the album was rejected" But I guess we all can read between the lines. It was long ago. I don't remember his exact words. But many of us know about this twitter incident.

Of course after all these years one can say that he could've worked something out with the record company.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

You can't be serious. You know what real album promotion looks like, right? 

It's definitely not planning, then canceling tours. Not to mention the complete lack or interviews and / or TV appearances. 

Are you suggesting that doing a couple shows in 2001, then having a tour canceled in 2002, then complete silence til 2006, then touring again for a year and a half is "promoting it for 8 years before it came out"? 

That's just more or the rumors that came from MSLs infamous "thumb drive" deal. Who knows how much of that was even true. 

I am serious. He did the Chinese Democracy tour in 2001/2002, 2006/2007, 2009-2011. Any interviews he did during the period concerned CD. Literally the only thing the label did to promote it was have CD itself as the theme song to a WWE PPV at the end of 2008. Dr. Pepper's fuckery gone wrong did more to promote the album than the record label. 

1 hour ago, Padme said:

It wasn't a rumor. As far I as know Axl on twitter posted some bizarre comments. Kinda like saying the album was rejected. And I think also something about canceling the tour at the time. That tweet got deleted. And TB claimed his twitter account was hacked. Fans always believe that it was bullshit his twitter account was hacked. He never used the words "the album was rejected" But I guess we all can read between the lines. It was long ago. I don't remember his exact words. But many of us know about this twitter incident.

Of course after all these years one can say that he could've worked something out with the record company.

these tweet was about an tour, isn't about album.

1 hour ago, Stro said:

I am serious. He did the Chinese Democracy tour in 2001/2002, 2006/2007, 2009-2011. Any interviews he did during the period concerned CD. Literally the only thing the label did to promote it was have CD itself as the theme song to a WWE PPV at the end of 2008. Dr. Pepper's fuckery gone wrong did more to promote the album than the record label. 

There was no "2001/2002 tour". There were a couple of shows in each year that ended with a failed / canceled tour. 

Also, what interviews am I missing? I hope you don't mean the one time he spoke to the DJ in Detroit 6 years before the album came out or the other time he spoke to Eddie Trunk 2 years before the album came out. 

1 hour ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

no It's a Riff's  Slash who used to play it during a concert

You really think Josh Freese heard an old GNR bootleg with something Slash played that kinda sorta sounded like the riff from CD? Probably not. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

There was no "2001/2002 tour". There were a couple of shows in each year that ended with a failed / canceled tour. 

Also, what interviews am I missing? I hope you don't mean the one time he spoke to the DJ in Detroit 6 years before the album came out or the other time he spoke to Eddie Trunk 2 years before the album came out. 

There was at least 1 long interview in 2001, with a South American radio station. (I want to say there was a couple 2001 interviews but I only know the one for sure). Then there was a few in 2002, in Detroit, Seattle and I think there's 1 more I'm forgetting. In 2006 there was the Eddie Trunk show and 2 interviews with KROQ, can't remember if there were more from that year. Then there was at least 3 long print-interviews in 2009-2011, and 'That Metal Show' in 2011.

It's not like he did tons of press, but he did more interviews than people seem to remember...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

There was at least 1 long interview in 2001, with a South American radio station. (I want to say there was a couple 2001 interviews but I only know the one for sure). Then there was a few in 2002, in Detroit, Seattle and I think there's 1 more I'm forgetting. In 2006 there was the Eddie Trunk show and 2 interviews with KROQ, can't remember if there were more from that year. Then there was at least 3 long print-interviews in 2009-2011, and 'That Metal Show' in 2011.

It's not like he did tons of press, but he did more interviews than people seem to remember...

Wow, really? I honestly have no recollection of that stuff happening in 2001 and 2002. I'd be happy to be wrong, but I just don't remember anything else. 

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Wow, really? I honestly have no recollection of that stuff happening in 2001 and 2002. I'd be happy to be wrong, but I just don't remember anything else. 

He did this long ass interview in 2001 when he randomly came to Argentina. They only did Rock In Rio so I don’t know why he was down here TBH

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Underhardy said:

Pretty sure it was in the bunch of leaked emails from MSL around that time. Bunch of juicy tidbits were in those emails, you’d have to do some digging through past threads to find the info

I thought it had something to do with that guy and I remember the leaked emails, though I never digged all that deep into that story. So did the actual documents ever leak, or only the 101 document titles?

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Until I find some actual evidence, I'll call it a rumor. I remember when Axl's twitter got hacked and I always assumed that it actually was. Is there any actual reason to believe that it wasn't hacked? The actual quote of that tweet was: "All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates are officially cancelled. Please contact your place of purchase for any refunds." Then they clarified that Axl's twitter was hacked and it seemed believable cause the fake tweet spelled things in a British way. So as far as I can see, it was a hacked tweet and it didn't even mention anything about a rejected album.

So far I haven't found any evidence of the label rejecting CD2. There's lots of bullshit rumors surrounding GNR and I'm trying to find out if there's any truth to this story.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I thought it had something to do with that guy and I remember the leaked emails, though I never digged all that deep into that story. So did the actual documents ever leak, or only the 101 document titles?

Until I find some actual evidence, I'll call it a rumor. I remember when Axl's twitter got hacked and I always assumed that it actually was. Is there any actual reason to believe that it wasn't hacked? The actual quote of that tweet was: "All upcoming Guns N' Roses dates are officially cancelled. Please contact your place of purchase for any refunds." Then they clarified that Axl's twitter was hacked and it seemed believable cause the fake tweet spelled things in a British way. So as far as I can see, it was a hacked tweet and it didn't even mention anything about a rejected album.

So far I haven't found any evidence of the label rejecting CD2. There's lots of bullshit rumors surrounding GNR and I'm trying to find out if there's any truth to this story.

I post above too that Axl's tweet don't was about album , was just tour rumors.you are right.