Ghostbusters Sequel

downzy

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Had no idea there was another Ghostbusters movie coming. Who's in this one cast-wise? Also...is the sequel to Ghostbusters really called...Ghostbusters? :mellow: 

No announcement on the surviving 3 Ghostbusters. I hope theres The Aliens women, Moranus and that Cyndi Lauper type, also.

On 17/01/2019 at 1:19 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Paging @Iron MikeyJ

He proper got on his 'bitches ain't shit' tip when in the female thread one, that was hilarious :lol:  I wanna see a woman version of everything now, just to watch all these kids of the 80s lose their shit :lol:  Next we need a female A Team :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

Thank fuck they’re scrapping the Kristen/Kate/Melissa/Leslie universe and going back to the original universe with the surviving members of the OG crew! Reitman’s son at the helm only helps to sweeten the pot!

feel bad for the actresses of the 2016 reboot, though. They tried their best. It’s not their fault the script was shit.

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:05 PM, Dazey said:

No, thank god! This is a direct sequel to the original films. 

So who will be in this movie?

Does it have any of the original actors?  If not, will they be in some way related to the original characters?

I hope it does the other two justice in continuing the story.

13 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

So who will be in this movie?

Does it have any of the original actors?  If not, will they be in some way related to the original characters?

I hope it does the other two justice in continuing the story.

Dan Ackroyd and Ernie Hudson both said it’s looking pretty likely that the two of them, as well as Bill Murray, will all be in it and would be their original characters again (instead of random cameos like in the 2016 reboot).

With that being said, I think I read somewhere that it’s already been officially confirmed that, if they are in the movie, they’ll just be supporting roles at most, with the focus mainly being on a new team that consists of four teens (two boys and two girls).

that’s about all we know so far.

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Dan Ackroyd and Ernie Hudson both said it’s looking pretty likely that the two of them, as well as Bill Murray, will all be in it and would be their original characters again (instead of random cameos like in the 2016 reboot).

With that being said, I think I read somewhere that it’s already been officially confirmed that, if they are in the movie, they’ll just be supporting roles at most, with the focus mainly being on a new team that consists of four teens (two boys and two girls).

that’s about all we know so far.

Why does it have to be teens FFS? :( 

• Like 1

On 16-1-2019 at 10:05 PM, Dazey said:

No, thank god! This is a direct sequel to the original films. 

Good! Kirsten wiig is about as fun as stepping on a rusty nail every morning when you get out of bed for the rest of your life. 

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

a new team that consists of four teens (two boys and two girls).

And a big brown dog that can talk? 

Edited by username
  • Haha 1

The huge mistake that everybody involved made was letting the female Ghostbusters movie go before they did a proper second sequel to the original.

Part of that was Bill Murray's fault, as he just wouldn't participate, but he dangled the carrot for many years. Lord knows why he wouldn't play Venkman but he would cameo in the female film, or why he's even interested now...

Either event, the studio had the rights and were just itching to make some money off the brand name and say 'fuck it, we'll do it without them'. 

People just weren't going to accept that. Had a second sequel preceded the female film, the response would be different.

For my money, the most egregious thing about the female film was how distracting and horrific it was to see all those bright, neon CGI ghosts, especially at the end where they seemed to fall from the sky like party streamers. It was literally like watching a video game meet celluloid and disrespected all the fine work ILM did for those first two movies. One better hope that the next film does anything but that.