RageKage

Slash: "We will focus on a new GNR album"

19 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

I am starting to lean towards this album NOT happening. It's starting to feel like 95 and 96 in this bitch.

Man, 95 and 96 they were fighting all the time. It's nothing like that now.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2019 at 3:59 AM, DTJ80 said:

As much as I want to be wrong, I can’t imagine that 4tus would be THAT open with information - let’s be honest, some GNR fans are crazy enough to try and get in there/try and record stuff etc!!!!

Fortus did a lot of session work for Chinese Democracy and a lot of session work after Chinese Democracy for Guns N' Roses. He probably played on most tracks that have yet to be released already except probably anything from Slash / Duff.

Edited by Billly B

3 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Man, 95 and 96 they were fighting all the time. It's nothing like that now.

Yes, but at the time, Slash was out doing Snakepit and there were some interviews where they were talking about going back to the studio to do another record. There are still many parallels. We have seen this proverbial movie before. :lol:

On 3/13/2019 at 9:42 PM, Carne_asaDA said:

I am starting to lean towards this album NOT happening. It's starting to feel like 95 and 96 in this bitch.

I still remain cautiously optimistic! 

They don't all hate each other currently, Slash and Duff are sober, annnd the most important thing, Paul Huge isn't recording over Slash's solos currently as far as we are aware of :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

Yes, but at the time, Slash was out doing Snakepit and there were some interviews where they were talking about going back to the studio to do another record. There are still many parallels. We have seen this proverbial movie before. :lol:

Ridiculous statement

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Carne_asaDA said:

No way, José. Slash is clean and OK with doing CD music. Axl realized that Slash is the only lead guitarist who can make CD music good. There is no beef anymore.

9 hours ago, Billly B said:

Fortus did a lot of session work for Chinese Democracy and a lot of session work after Chinese Democracy for Guns N' Roses. He probably played on most tracks that have yet to be released already except probably anything from Slash / Duff.

Who knows. He has only played on five from 14 songs from Chinese Democracy, which makes me wonder why. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhazUp said:

I still remain cautiously optimistic! 

They don't all hate each other currently, Slash and Duff are sober, annnd the most important thing, Paul Huge isn't recording over Slash's solos currently as far as we are aware of :lol:

Just imagine if Axl chose to keep the old Tobias solos on his material and not let Slash record his own shit? Cucked again.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

Who knows. He has only played on five from 14 songs from Chinese Democracy, which makes me wonder why. 

Maybe because most of the stuff was recorded before he joined.

To be fair, most of the stuff was recorded even before Bumblefoot joined, but Bumble's guitar is used more than Richard's. Wonder why.

3 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Maybe because most of the stuff was recorded before he joined.

To be fair, most of the stuff was recorded even before Bumblefoot joined, but Bumble's guitar is used more than Richard's. Wonder why.

Richard wasnt really involved much in GNR at that point in time, was he? Plus he was hired for a rythmn spot, not lead. 

4 minutes ago, default_ said:

Plus he was hired for a rythmn spot, not lead. 

Too bad it didn't stay that way

• Like 2

1 hour ago, default_ said:

Richard wasnt really involved much in GNR at that point in time, was he? Plus he was hired for a rythmn spot, not lead. 

That's true, but that doesn't mean they couldn't use more rhythm tracks recorded by him if they wanted to.

How much he was involved, I don't really know. 

Posted (edited)

1st leg of smkc's tour Is over.. I Hope slash can work for GnR in the next 50 days..

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

Fortus should be replaced with....Myles Kennedy

I would be completely ok with that. They can get Fitzy too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

They can get Fitzy too.

This... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

Here it go. Maybe it's gonna be the most important periode in all GNR historie. Are they gonna make it or are they gonna fail ???

Nah, the most important was their (pre-) Appetite days, which made them big in the first place.

3 hours ago, vloors said:

Slash is now back in LA

Maybe he's doing some "finishing touches"... 😂

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Nah, the most important was their (pre-) Appetite days, which made them big in the first place.

right.......so the second one !!!!

9 minutes ago, ZODIAC said:

I want to beleive !!!

On 3/7/2019 at 12:16 PM, RageKage said:

Slash gave another interview to a German newspaper.

https://www.zeit.de/kultur/musik/2019-03/guns-n-roses-slash-gitarrist-interview/seite-3

The last two questions were:

Until mid August you're on world tour with SMKC. Do you have plans for the time after that?

Slash: when I'm back home, I will sit down with the guys in guns n roses and focus on a new record.

You haven't worked on it yet?

Slash: No, but I know everyone involved wants to do this record. We're talking about it and Axl already has a ton of material which he produced himself. I think we're in a phenomenal form to get started.

Thank God, thank you God

11 hours ago, vloors said:

Slash is now back in LA

8 hours ago, ZODIAC said:

I wouldn't expect anything to happen until after the rest of his tour is over in August, at least as far as actual recording in a studio goes.

On 15.03.2019 at 4:40 AM, Carne_asaDA said:

Same band and same people, how do you think it would not be parallels in situation like that, huh?

They are on time, no riots, sober and clean. It's a good start. I like it and it may work out this time!