Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am with you.  The best songs of the entire tour were when Steven joined them on stage.. It just looked, felt and most importantly of all sounded right. 

Nodoubt imagine with izzy included this time it would be epic ....tell frank and Richard to sit it out you got a perfect show.

46 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

It absolutely will happen, it’s the next step in keeping a tour going sans releasing new music. I know Axl is up for that (not releasing new music). It will be the “Appetite For Reunion Tour”. 

I think so too

47 minutes ago, smokingarthur said:

It absolutely will happen, it’s the next step in keeping a tour going sans releasing new music. I know Axl is up for that (not releasing new music). It will be the “Appetite For Reunion Tour”. 

I think so too 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, craiggunslover said:

Nodoubt imagine with izzy included this time it would be epic ....tell frank and Richard to sit it out you got a perfect show.

I think so too

I think so too 

So these guys are going to jeopardise a stable environment, after 2 of the most important current members of the band, had not spoken to each other for decades, and after completing the 2nd highest grossing tour of all time with no issues or Axl returning to old habits to sell a few more tickets?. 

Not going to happen. 

Simple reason. If they introduce an element of risk to that stable environment and that results in an unstable environment leading to tour issues as cancellations, late arrivals on stage or no shows or worst case scenario the band or someone else pulls the plug Guns N Roses in any form is done and dusted. 

This dream only lives in the minds of people dreaming for what they want, and not based on reality. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

47 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

So these guys are going to jeopardise a stable environment, after 2 of the most important current members of the band, had not spoken to each other for decades, and after completing the 2nd highest grossing tour of all time with no issues or Axl returning to old habits to sell a few more tickets?. 

Not going to happen. 

Simple reason. If they introduce an element of risk to that stable environment and that results in an unstable environment leading to tour issues as cancellations, late arrivals on stage or no shows or worst case scenario the band or someone else pulls the plug Guns N Roses in any form is done and dusted. 

This dream only lives in the minds of people dreaming for what they want, and not based on reality. 

Still would be cooler then what we have now guns 'n aliens and they are in they're last years of being a band why not go out on top for the next few years?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craiggunslover said:

Still would be cooler then what we have now guns 'n aliens and they are in they're last years of being a band why not go out on top for the next few years?

"guns n aliens"? Haven't heard that phrase since a user recently attempted to make a big dramatic exit from the forum while making completely false claims about how they were treated by the staff here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The whole concept of "anything but releasing new music" is predicated on the band being adverse to releasing new music, yet Duff and Slash just did, and people keep alleging that Axl tried, but the record company "wouldn't even listen."  Can we settle on a talking point?  FFS, there may or may not be an album, but if there isn't that will be the result of things going south, creative differences, money shares, etc.  Slash, Axl and Duff aren't sitting in a room and saying "You know what I don't want to do, like ever? Release music.  Yeah, fuck that."

It just doesn't add up.  Axl has ended his search for Slash substitute, and Slash has found his perfect Axl substitute.  They didn't travel the world to find each other for conversation and handjobs. They want to work together.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Not going to happen. 

Simple reason. If they introduce an element of risk to that stable environment ...

...an element of risk is exactly what these guys need right now.

GnFnR, to me, means only one thing - AFD5

Add Izzy and Steven and go ROCK THE PLANET ONE MORE TIME PLEASE!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, moreblack said:

Niven has less than 0% to do with the organization today. Why would his word be taken as anything other than some guy saying stuff?

Niven was also the only person that claimed that Izzy attended a soundcheck in Tennessee 2016 (with Adler no less) and then left in a snit before the show.

I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that. 

Think of all the security they had for the Troubadour show, yet within minutes, we had actual footage from the show.  Cause it was HUGE.  It was one of the biggest moments in rock in the last few decades.

So Niven wants us to believe that Slash, Duff, Izzy, AND Steven were all on stage together, plugged in and playing GNR songs, and not only did NO footage of it ever exist, but he's the only person who ever claimed it happened, (and he sure as shit wasn't there)...??   If that happened it would have been one of the most historical events in this band's history.  And there would have been dozens of witnesses.   So why do we have zero evidence of it?

Cause it never happened.  Niven is full of shit.

• Like 2

I don't believe Izzy's been anywhere near this line up of the band. He made it fairly clear he wouldn't be showing up pretty early in the tour. As he felt he wasn't going to get his fair share of the money. I doubt the money situation was a problem to Steven as it was always his dream for the band to reunite. I also think if Steven hadn't injured himself we may well have seen the full tour with 4/5 of the AFD5.

'Split the loot'-tour incoming. Nah, don't see it happening man. I could see that the Big Three are more into splitting the loot equally this time around, since they've filled all the pockets in every pants, jacket and bag they could find with NITL, but Axl is very happy with Richard, thats no secret, and Duff and Slash have been very appreciative of him as well, don't see them sacking him just to get Izzy back, which in all fairness will also be a risk in terms of keeping the train going. Don't see him doing 3 hour shows for 2,5 years straight, that is one of the reasons he quit back in the days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Niven was also the only person that claimed that Izzy attended a soundcheck in Tennessee 2016 (with Adler no less) and then left in a snit before the show.

I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that. 

Think of all the security they had for the Troubadour show, yet within minutes, we had actual footage from the show.  Cause it was HUGE.  It was one of the biggest moments in rock in the last few decades.

So Niven wants us to believe that Slash, Duff, Izzy, AND Steven were all on stage together, plugged in and playing GNR songs, and not only did NO footage of it ever exist, but he's the only person who ever claimed it happened, (and he sure as shit wasn't there)...??   If that happened it would have been one of the most historical events in this band's history.  And there would have been dozens of witnesses.   So why do we have zero evidence of it?

Cause it never happened.  Niven is full of shit.

Yeah I think it was pretty much decided early on that that story wasn't true. Idk why he would just make stuff up but who knows, he's a weird guy.

• Like 1

Have to say I cant see Steven lasting 3 hours straight on drums (sadly) but surely he could play a few songs every night, is he still touring with Adlers appetite on a consistent basis? 

With Izzy, there's only one man who knows what Izzy wants to do, Izzy. I hope we will see him, I think there were some negotiations for him to join 

The only thing we can do is wait n see what happens 

5 hours ago, KURT19 said:

...an element of risk is exactly what these guys need right now.

GnFnR, to me, means only one thing - AFD5

Add Izzy and Steven and go ROCK THE PLANET ONE MORE TIME PLEASE!

They're near 60 with families and kids with lucrative music careers....why do they need risk in their lives now? Izzy would be great to have in studio for writing but Alder contributes nothing that's worth the risk or headaches. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

They're near 60 with families and kids with lucrative music careers....why do they need risk in their lives now? Izzy would be great to have in studio for writing but Alder contributes nothing that's worth the risk or headaches. 

They are so fucking rich now that they can AFFORD to take risks...

Its ROCK N' ROLL after all.   Let it play out LIVE each night in all its magnificent glory...

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, BadApples87 said:

The casual fan just wants Axl and Slash together.  A real GNR fan wants the original 5 and knows who they are.  Steven unfortunately is not reliable for a full tour and set.  But having him come out and do a few Appetite songs is great.  The only way Izzy comes back is if he gets his spot back (bye bye Fortus) and gets an equal share of the loot.

I dunno, I've been a "real" fan as long or longer than you, and I could give zero fucks about whether adler or izzy are dead or alive.  Give me new music with bucket's guitars, and all is good in the world.

Edited by smeagol2124

7 minutes ago, smeagol2124 said:

I dunno, I've been a "real" fan as long or longer than you, and I could give zero fucks about whether adler or izzy are dead or alive.  Give me new music with bucket's guitars, and all is good in the world.

To each there own.  Unless you saw them with Tracii Guns, I doubt you have been a fan longer.  Bucket is a technically talented guitar player but he does nothing for me, and his KFC bucket and antics are shall we say less than desired for GNR.

Popcorn is actually lucky to be alive given what he went through in the past.  Izzy is Izzy, he just could care less, or to put it your way...give zero fucks about fame.

• Like 3