Rumors of Izzy & Steven returning?

8 hours ago, KURT19 said:

They are so fucking rich now that they can AFFORD to take risks...

Its ROCK N' ROLL after all.   Let it play out LIVE each night in all its magnificent glory...

Adler's such a wild card you don't know what you'll get with him or what stress/problems he may add to a situation that so far seems to be running surprisingly smoothly. I just don't see 60 year old men who seem to have their lives and careers in order wanting to risk rocking the boat for little, if any, return. 

2 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

I believe in a full meeting, Adler is playing very well, there are no excuses in not inviting him

Off the top of my head, he's a risk as far as his sobriety goes, and he's an obnoxious personality who's never one to keep his opinion to himself or refrain from crying victim on the radio if he doesn't get his way. 

Not sure whether this is true - frankly would be sort of disappointed as I am desperate for new music. 

Something certainly seems to be happening. Gnr’s Instagram is relatively active recently and I just got an email about new merchandise that is about to be posted to the GnR site. 

• GNFNR 1

46 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Not sure whether this is true - frankly would be sort of disappointed as I am desperate for new music. 

Something certainly seems to be happening. Gnr’s Instagram is relatively active recently and I just got an email about new merchandise that is about to be posted to the GnR site. 

I also want new music badly from them... but if they do alittle something with appetite 5 i won't shit on it as nothing..out ta get me with Adler joining them that first time speaks volumes how electrifying they are all together..  how  much more amazing it could be with izzy there too..i think slash and Duff are fully making axl see this truth agian...

1 hour ago, craiggunslover said:

I also want new music badly from them... but if they do alittle something with appetite 5 i won't shit on it as nothing..out ta get me with Adler joining them that first time speaks volumes how electrifying they are all together..  how  much more amazing it could be with izzy there too..i think slash and Duff are fully making axl see this truth agian...

This would be the same Slash and Duff that Adler essentially said had had enough of him, no? Slash and Duff aren't stupid and they're not stuck in whatever 1980's time warp they would have to be in to think Adler is a must have.

The ship has sailed in terms of a AFD reunion. If it could of been worked out, it would have been in place for the NITL tour as that's when the value would have been at its highest to the brand and all individuals involved. 

The NITL tour provided facts that clearly suggest, the current line-up sells tickets and can sell out venues around the world.

Tour promotors see value in the current state of affairs and so do the causal fans paying to see the band live that makes up 60% of the audience. 

Maybe like an estranged marriage, friendship or family relationship all involved have realised things are to complex and complicated, and lets leave it be, and have moved on as adults do in life. 

Their are a couple of ex band managers that were relevant and privy to the bands past endeavours. Comments made during that time were relevant to the band and the stories told since than are informative about that period of the band and its past. Like most fans i have read books and listened to interviews with Niven and Goldstein on there involvement in the band in the past. 

Unfortunately they are out of the loop interms of the current happenings within the GNR camp.

I have read or listened to interviews Niven has provided and he has yet to acknowledge that he has had no involvement in the bands activities for a number of years and he is out of the loop interms of knowledge. 

He always seems to act as if he knows or is privy to current GNR affairs. 

We all know that's not the case. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

This would be the same Slash and Duff that Adler essentially said had had enough of him, no? Slash and Duff aren't stupid and they're not stuck in whatever 1980's time warp they would have to be in to think Adler is a must have.

Ok you may have a point but i would even like matt sourm sharing the duties and handling the bulk of the show's and adler doing way more than 3 song's a show though... and slash and duff know really what the old school fans wanna see happen and so does axl  ...this group likes to keep us guessing we all know lol..duff said it ,axl said it, slash said it that they love the mystery about the band and keeping the fans guessing ...

6 hours ago, History2010 said:

The fact that people still fall for Niven's garbage is really sad. People should have stopped listening to him so long ago, same with Goldstein. Both are pathological liars.

My thoughts exactly. I met him last year and even then I thought he was just full of shit.

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Off the top of my head, he's a risk as far as his sobriety goes, and he's an obnoxious personality who's never one to keep his opinion to himself or refrain from crying victim on the radio if he doesn't get his way. 

His sobriety is ok, I think they're just worried about him running his mouth to the press.

axl's cliché conflicts with his drummers matt/steven is so far out dated and loser to have sustained itself putting the product on the back end rather than just perservering as a whole with the most competent members that gel the best on the stage 

axl finally realized his error and these 2 along with izzy back in the fold asap 

10 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Adler's such a wild card you don't know what you'll get with him or what stress/problems he may add to a situation that so far seems to be running surprisingly smoothly. I just don't see 60 year old men who seem to have their lives and careers in order wanting to risk rocking the boat for little, if any, return. 

Axl remains the “wild card” in this bunch...

The return would be worldwide adoration and, believe me, Axl wants and needs it. 

You keep conveniently forgetting that this is ROCK N’ ROLL.  Get on with it.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 3:55 AM, Italian girl said:

people thinks that fortus is izzy.

Just like they thought Gilby was Izzy back in 1991.  Gilby said that fans used to yell "Izzy" towards him on stage.  Not in the sense they would rather have Izzy but they thought they were yelling to Izzy.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyler Drama said:

Yes.

sounds like you got axl ears for music - adler is on point in YCBM whereas Frank the butcher is a complete and utter mess who tries to make each song his own rather than following the written parts destroying every fucking legendary song 

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr
  • Like 1

I wonder if Izzy's preferred guitar tone has been a sticking point at all? On AFD and Lies he has a beefy enough hard rock guitar tone. By UYI a less saturated telecaster tone was his thing on some tracks, and certainly his live tone wasn't so beefy on UYI tour. If that is still the tone he prefers today, Im not sure how it fits into the stadium production thing Guns is doing? It would sound too thin, maybe? Unless they had Mel double him for the entire show which would completely undo the magic, imo. Or the just go all 91-92 and crank up Slash enough for two guitars. Again, then what is the point?

Edited by soon