Jump to content
Gibbo

Slash to record in Axl's Malibu studio on Saturday 04/27/2019

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Bringing to you covers of The Seeker, Black Hole Sun, Wichita Lineman, Don't Let it Bring You Down, and whatever the fuck else Axl decides to cover on a specific day.

You think they'll cover Slither? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

The band is trying to avoid online hacking by saying there's nothing done yet.

 

True dat..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Bringing to you covers of The Seeker, Black Hole Sun, Wichita Lineman, Don't Let it Bring You Down, and whatever the fuck else Axl decides to cover on a specific day.

"I feel good, sha-nana-na-na-nana-na, like I knew that I would now..."

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Or as others have suggested; he’s just overdubbing NITL recordings for a live album, to make them sound neater, like they did back in the day for Live Era.

the original post with the amp pics did refer to the upcoming recordings as “for new material” though, so there’s that, at least. It’s possible the amp guy just misunderstood what caram told him tho.

Why would Slash need to overdub NITL shit at Axl's house though? He could easily do that in his own time. Going to Axl's implied a deeper collaboration.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are all ramped up and ready to do the much anticipated..........Spaghetti Incident 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Where would we be without Gibbo, everyone? Cheers for everything, mate!

Yep 3 cheers for gibbo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kiwiguns said:

Of course this could be Axl learning from past mistakes and not going down the path of recording from a external studio over a number of years. It's very possible Axl has created his own HQ studio as metallica and the Foo Fighters have done, with band members coming into record their separate parts when it suits all involved. I can not see this guys spending large amounts of time all together in a studio. 

Thats not how it's done these days. 

I also personally believe this is a sign that the band now have greater control over their music and how it will be produced and released without a major label mudding the waters. UMG might be involved but only at a curtain level in terms of control over the process and release. 

I reckon UMG would be having a large stake in distribution, maybe some funding but that would be it. I doubt they would be  having major involvement compared to the Geffen days.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rock the Rock part 2 coming to a new Looney Tunes episode soon.

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New GNR on New Terminator (esp if the new film has James Cameron on board) makes perfect sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We know the news is real (thanks to Russ’s strong gnr connections).

So here are some of the possibilities for what the new recordings can be:

1. Slash is doing overdubs for a NITL live album

2. Slash is re recording Chinese Leftovers

3. Axl and Slash are working on one new song for Terminator Dark Fate Soundtrack (favorite movie series and favorite band in one!)

4. Axl and Slash are recording brand new material that has not been worked on up to this point.

5.  They are finishing up material from the 93-95 sessions. This is in relation to the recent “Storage Tapes” purchase.

6. It’s all bs and we won’t ever hear any new recordings from GnR

Have I missed anything? 

Hopefully we get some more news on what’s going on, and we get it soon!!!  

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live album is unlikely I think. It seems a little late to release one and Slash said they weren't going to do one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really positive. Slash talked about working on the new album when he was back in August. Now its only April.

Is there a rumour about Terminator 6?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve and Izzy returning thread. i called bullshit on that as Steve is not/and never will be physically fit enough for a 3 hour set.

then this new album news drops ???

i would say Steve and Izzy being on 1 or 2 new songs is plausible.

we need some proper pervert style spies surrounding uncle Axls house over the next few days to see who turns up.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, donny said:

Steve and Izzy returning thread. i called bullshit on that as Steve is not/and never will be physically fit enough for a 3 hour set.

then this new album news drops ???

i would say Steve and Izzy being on 1 or 2 new songs is plausible.

we need some proper pervert style spies surrounding uncle Axls house over the next few days to see who turns up.

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’re recording the Seeker as a bonus track for a new Best of album.

 

seriously though, this is great news!!! Hopefully we get something soon. Even a new single for the small tour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, donny said:

Steve and Izzy returning thread. i called bullshit on that as Steve is not/and never will be physically fit enough for a 3 hour set.

then this new album news drops ???

i would say Steve and Izzy being on 1 or 2 new songs is plausible.

we need some proper pervert style spies surrounding uncle Axls house over the next few days to see who turns up.

Surely there are some LA forum people that either have a drone or are competent tree climbers.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Surely there are some LA forum people that either have a drone or are competent tree climbers.

LA---People---Competent ?????

photographs of his washing line please. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I would prefer a new terminator movie rather than all these marvel/DC films being released at the moment.

I'd prefer neither. Terminator 1-2 is perfect. They ruin these things for cash.

PS

''Overdubs for a live release''? Is that not letting the cat out of the bag just a bit? Bands, for obvious reasons, don't tend to advertise the fact live albums are an immense con. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

This is really positive. Slash talked about working on the new album when he was back in August. Now its only April.

Is there a rumour about Terminator 6?

The Movie? It's in Production maybe even post production

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

He said they weren't going to release a live album though, unless they changed their minds. Although Slash has never been one to try to doctor live recordings, that's Axl's thing.

Except that he re-recorded shit for Live Era and then tried to claim it wasn't the "Mahavishnu Orchestra" and claimed it was "as live as it gets"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

This is really positive. Slash talked about working on the new album when he was back in August. Now its only April.

Is there a rumour about Terminator 6?

No rumour about it just this last September. Arnold wearing a GNR t-shirt :D

https://hungarytoday.hu/schwarzenegger-explores-budapest-as-he-begins-filming-sixth-terminator-film/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stoymatic said:

We know the news is real (thanks to Russ’s strong gnr connections).

So here are some of the possibilities for what the new recordings can be:

1. Slash is doing overdubs for a NITL live album

2. Slash is re recording Chinese Leftovers

3. Axl and Slash are working on one new song for Terminator Dark Fate Soundtrack (favorite movie series and favorite band in one!)

4. Axl and Slash are recording brand new material that has not been worked on up to this point.

5.  They are finishing up material from the 93-95 sessions. This is in relation to the recent “Storage Tapes” purchase.

6. It’s all bs and we won’t ever hear any new recordings from GnR

Have I missed anything? 

Hopefully we get some more news on what’s going on, and we get it soon!!!  

uhhhhmm yes.  the most likely one, in fact.  Slash working on next SMKC record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×