Live Like a Suicide

ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

before everyone goes "BAH ITS BEEN TAMPERED WITH" because you can hear cuts posit this

its a rough mix. a producer probably took a longer recording and cut parts out (or the opposite, a shorter song and pasted a section) to fit the time constraints of a release CD. axl was probably going to re-record and possibly change lyrics.

if you take the silence out in the begining, its exactly 4:12 long.

Edited by dadud
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Estrangedfx said:

Perhaps the guitar tone and such sound like something off Buckleys "Grace", but... I love both GNR and Jeff Buckley but this song is by no means as good as anything off "Grace" . At least not this version of Atlas. A more properly mixed Atlas, reworked a bit, however, yes..  Could be wonderful. But to me, Catcher in the Rye is much, much better of a song overall. 

Catcher is certainly a very good song but for me it's unfortunately hard to listen to as I feel it's horribly over produced and I really dislike Axl's voice on that song.

12 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Robin + May

Song sounds like it belongs in the late-90's era of recordings.

robin the first solo? brian the second solo? i have no clue how to tell lol 

See, I told everyone we just had to ask nicely.

As for the song itself, I really dig it. Cool guitarwork from Brian May, great vocals, solid drums. I'm in!

Haven't heard it yet...

...but the "growers" are always the best songs. Many of GNR's songs are "growers" and they became my favorite band. I hope I will like this too.

Unreal to hear two new Axl/CD-era songs in the span of a week.  Glad this leaked overnight so I could grab it this morning before Team Brazil’s counsel wakes up 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

After first lsten: I like the verses but am not crazy about the choruses and the whole melodic change. Nice guitar but almost no hint of raspy voice. So far, Hard School still does it for me, but I believe this one indeed might be a "grower". 

Edited by jamillos

8 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Unreal to hear two new Axl/CD-era songs in the span of a week.  Glad this leaked overnight so I could grab it this morning before Team Brazil’s counsel wakes up 

I know, pretty wild right? Two new tracks and the version of the rest of the album we always wanted. :o

Nice to finally hear this. I’m a little underwhelmed. Doesn’t sound like “glam rock November Rain” like RTB described it as way back in 2002 or whenever the fuck that was. It’s good, but not great. It has potential. Maybe it’s been improved upon since this demo (which I’m assuming is from 2000). Brian May’s solo is awesome tho!

something is not adding up tho. Didn’t Bumblefoot say this song had to be cut from CD in 2008 due to being too long? It’s only 4 minutes long! How is that too long?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Nice to finally hear this. I’m a little underwhelmed. Doesn’t sound like “glam rock November Rain” like RTB described it as way back in 2002 or whenever the fuck that was. It’s good, but not great. It has potential. Maybe it’s been improved upon since this demo (which I’m assuming is from 2000). Brian May’s solo is awesome tho!

something is not adding up tho. Didn’t Bumblefoot say this song had to be cut from CD in 2008 due to being too long? It’s only 4 minutes long! How is that too long?

If you don't have 4 minutes left on the disc, a 4 minute song is too long. Simple math.

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

I Ave a feeling final version is a fair bit longer 

• Like 1

I may or may not be there in the minority here, but it's kinda meh. I don't know, maybe Hard school kinda raised the bar for me. 

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

GVF sucks. But a lot of people overlook AIC with William DuVall as lead singer. Rainier Fog is a fantastic album and it's a shame GVF beat them at last year's awards for best rock album.

The one you know is a kick ass song

Just had to remove a load of posts. Don't bring arguments from other platforms over here. Any more of it and we will issue suspensions.

• Like 1

At first, it sound a little strange to me, but now im in love with it! Good song really, i love Atlas, but its not a Killer Single, for sure.

Edited by Guitto

7 minutes ago, Setzer said:

If you don't have 4 minutes left on the disc, a 4 minute song is too long. Simple math.

The record is only 71 minutes long. They had NINE minutes left on the disc. This AND Hardschool would’ve fit on there.

FWIW, both this song and Hardschool grow on me more and more with each listen. Slash should really sink his teeth into all this stuff.

4 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

The one you know is a kick ass song

Yeah it’s up there with all the classic era AIC songs. All three albums with Duvall have kicked ass so far! Couldn’t think of anyone better to replace Layne. He emulates Layne, without imitating him.

Edited by rocknroll41

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I've posted this previously but I was told years ago that the lyrics are about the first time Robin left. 

Wasn't it referenced in the the '99 Rolling Stone interview though? 

I'm seriously jealous of all the people loving it. 

Remember that Axl played ALL the leaked songs at Hammerstein' 06. Plus he's got Slash and Duff to encourage playing new stuff if they choose to. 

I hope Wanker and Mofo are really mad us plebs have got  this shit now. 

It's funny people always said Axl was trying to do an industrial record and was chasing trends from the late 90s when in fact it seems pretty clear he was chasing the trends Guns missed out on in 1991-1993 with UYI. The only song that could be argued is industrial (and it isn't, but it has some tinges) is Oh My God and Axl didn't have anything to do with the music for that. 

• Like 1