ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

6 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

No it was The General that Baz said the highest, hardest, piercing screaming vocals Axl has ever done. Makes sense : child abuse. 

What do you mean with "No"? We're both correct here. Here's the full quote: "One of my favorite songs is this song called 'The General', which is so... it's by far the heaviest metal tune I think I've ever heard Axl do, this slow, grinding riff with these high, piercing vocals, screaming vocals. [...] [Axl] goes, 'Well, this comes out on the third record. It relates to this song, it's a trilogy, this goes with this lyrically.'"

Bach also said that The General is a sequel to Estranged, which is kinda hard to believe since they seem like completely different kind of songs. But who knows. :shrugs:Many reasons to be excited about that song for sure.

19 minutes ago, Creed said:

which leads to the question why he didnt went back to the guys which produced UYI after beavan and rtb.

I am pretty sure Mike Clink produced all the GNR music up until Chin Dem.

And they did try using him, I think he couldn't deal with the slow pace and drifted off the project if I remember correctly

It is bittersweet to hear these songs years later, well after the fanatic in me lost interest or relevance in Chinese Democracy.

I can only conclude that Axl wasn’t trying to make a traditional hit album - because the songs are so devoid of hit material - only an album that he identified with.

There just weren’t any big anthemic numbers on Chinese Democracy, or in the material that was left off of it. There weren't big hooky choruses, which is the essence of every successful GN’R song. 

12 minutes ago, default_ said:

But hey, these songs arent so out of the box at all and they honestly made me way more optimistic regarding a possible future album featuring Slash and Duff, I can see them totally on board with songs like HS and AS. 

Yeah I can see that too, as long as they’re not uncomfortable with the fact that these songs are probably about them. I guess if they’re fine playing Sorry and Madagascar they’ll be fine playing these too.

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've listened to it a couple times now and the thing sticks out the most for me is: while this is an interesting song, I'm really, really glad we got to hear the Brian May version, and not one with a Bumblefoot solo. I can just imagine Rons tone soloing all over this track and ruining it, like CITR.

Yeah there’s more mystique to hearing a legend like Brian May play. For sure!

1 hour ago, Stoymatic said:

It really bothers me that some people are giving terrible reviews to this song. It’s a demo!!!! What if the title to this thread had the word “demo” or “rough mix” in it? Would you people still be so harsh? 

I have heard demo's before... a good song is a good song, no matter how bad everything else is.

OMG wasn't finished either, but that song was stuck inside my head when I first heard it. IRS, TWAT, The Blues (SoD) and Madagascar were decent too, even as early demo's / leaks.

The rest... not so much.

1 hour ago, Otto said:

I know you do ;)

Love you, bro!

I almost tagged you in that post but I didn't think you posted here anymore! lol

1 hour ago, username said:

You're missing out man. Check out their first two albums. ;) 

Whoa.....check out WAY more than that by The Crowes! :)

• Like 1