(THREAD UPDATE: HE LIED) GNR Manager Fernando Confirms New Album Within 6 Months!!

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I would hope you wouldn't expose yourself anywhere :lol:

Sorry, I knew what you meant but I had to take the cheap joke :)

You say you're "familiar with the confrontation that happens here" but that's not the question I asked. What I asked was if you're familiar with the open competent TB has for the fans? They express it on a prwtty regular basis. 

We've reached out to the them over and over offering to help in anyway we can but it always ends up the same way: they retreat and display a "woe is me" attitude or a "what can we do" attitude instead of making any effort to build a bridge with the fan base. 

I can tell you from personal experience with the entire situation that the relationship between TB and the fans is the result of TB, not the fans. I can't speak for the entire fan base of course. I realize there are other forums with "batshit crazy" fans (as you put it) but this isn't one of those places. We try and have tried for a very long time to weed out all of the troublemakers. You would think TB would take advantage of that, yet they don't. They just sit back and whine instead. "Complaints, complaints, complaints", indeed. 

I can understand the frustration, and i believe this happens on both sides. The issue is that "Elvis has left the building" (ha). Nasty stuff was said (and some continue to do so), and these words and actions cannot be retrieved.

In the GNR camp everything is a little messy, we should just settle with it. Especially in the management case, when things get extremely personal. It's a family thing. It ain't some regular company doing all the stuff, where the people don't get envolved and simply do the work and go home. These are family people, that built their lives around Axl, who will get upset with criticism on a personal level.

We may disagree with this direction, but it will happen. It's a kind of reaction that many of us would experience if we were in their position. Imagine yourself being called a "hanger", and sayin that u should be "fired". I would say a big FU to everybody, hahahahaha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

You know, if Fernando wasn't just blowing smoke, and the album really is pretty much right around the corner...Does anyone think any original songs penned by Slash, Duff, and Axl together are on the agenda? 

The way Axl operates studio-wise I'd personally be shocked if anything other than Chi Dem era tracks "painted over" by Slash and Duff make the cut. 

There's a ton of material. You have the 94-96 sessions, which I think that's where Hard School came from. You then have the CD sessions. Slash had also mentioned that he writes riffs for SMKC and GNR. 

2 minutes ago, Draguns said:

There's a ton of material. You have the 94-96 sessions, which I think that's where Hard School came from. You then have the CD sessions. Slash had also mentioned that he writes riffs for SMKC and GNR. 

It's just that 6 months for GNR is like a week to any other band. Just wondering what's realistic within that timeframe. Hard to know what's been done behind the scenes.

1 minute ago, sofine11 said:

It's just that 6 months for GNR is like a week to any other band. Just wondering what's realistic within that timeframe. Hard to know what's been done behind the scenes.

True, but there's stuff that we probably haven't heard yet that might be finished. If I was a betting man, I would say  that Hard School will be the first single within the next 6 months. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Draguns said:

True, but there's stuff that we probably haven't heard yet that might be finished. If I was a betting man, I would say  that Hard School will be the first single within the next 6 months. 

That would certainly be sick. That track and "Oklahoma" are both begging for Slash.

• Like 1

If they follow the chinese democracy way of doing things. We could still get something in November.. 

Remember that  Oct 1st 2008 there was nothing about the release.. 10 days followed and the announcement was Nov 21st or 23rd whatever it was.. But it went from 0-60 pretty quickly.. 

One can dream right? 

Edited by murph
Fat fingers

Just now, murph said:

If the follow the chinese democracy way of doing things. We could still get something in November.. 

Remember that  Oct 1st 2008 there was nothing about the release.. 10 days followed and the announcement was Nov 21st or 23rd whatever it was.. But it went from 0-60 pretty quickly.. 

One can dream right? 

The only thing that may be realistic for the remainder of this year is a single if I had to guess.

Just now, Gimpy Hewitt said:

And if it is released as a single you’ll hear a bunch of people on here complain about how they’ve already heard it

I know, it's sad. But whatever, let them mope.  The rest of us will just be thrilled to hear and Axl & Slash recording for the first time in forever. 

The thing that makes me think there's no new album on the near horizon is that there is so little info. out there on it.

It's impossible to keep secrets these days - something always leaks out that shouldn't. Example: a song, a picture, inside info., etc.

Apart from this reddit post I don't know of any other info. that has leaked on this. Band members have said in interviews that they're working on new material, but that's par for the course.

47 minutes ago, Bozo said:

I can understand the frustration, and i believe this happens on both sides. The issue is that "Elvis has left the building" (ha). Nasty stuff was said (and some continue to do so), and these words and actions cannot be retrieved.

In the GNR camp everything is a little messy, we should just settle with it. Especially in the management case, when things get extremely personal. It's a family thing. It ain't some regular company doing all the stuff, where the people don't get envolved and simply do the work and go home. These are family people, that built their lives around Axl, who will get upset with criticism on a personal level.

We may disagree with this direction, but it will happen. It's a kind of reaction that many of us would experience if we were in their position. Imagine yourself being called a "hanger", and sayin that u should be "fired". I would say a big FU to everybody, hahahahaha.

And I guess that's the difference; myself and many other people wouldn't say fuck you to the fan base. We'd try to work things out. Make an effort. At the very least, show the fans (who are the only reason TB is blessed with jobs) that they're willing to work things out. 

Instead we get insulted directly and indirectly with the whole "there's nothing we can do" attitude. 

• Like 4

Everyone in and around.. And even follows this Band are always on eggshells.. 

If one bad argument could lead to Sooo many life's financially affected by it going south.. I guess eggshells make sense.. And then the elephant in the room of working in Axls world period.. Hopefully he has new outlets to express himself with since we haven't heard a decent  rant in God knows how long. Silence isn't golden when you're holding it inside.. There's murmurs of Slash getting lit.. Beta and Duff s wife.. The fuckin Village cds.. 

I can see how Fernando would be extremely careful with admitting this.. Because I have noticed with reddit.. You can delete your posts from a thread (which he did after being a prick to a fan over merch) .. it will still stay in your post history.. And the way that handle's (/flebeis) communication with fans Isn't pretty.. (pretty sure he also stole one of Axl's jokes and posted in a sub for jokes as well... You all should read it.." Parrot on a boat ") 

Hopefully we hear an album before the old C4 becomes unstable.. Because we all know what's happens after that... 

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

And I guess that's the difference; myself and many other people wouldn't say fuck you to the fan base. We'd try to work things out. Make an effort. At the very least, show the fans (who are the only reason TB is blessed with jobs) that they're willing to work things out. 

Instead we get insulted directly and indirectly with the whole "there's nothing we can do" attitude. 

Well they’re sitting there with UMG with unsold box sets. This is the demo that would eat it up if it fans thought/felt they were in it with them. 

Obviously with the NITL tour fresh over the last few years, it’s not hard to sell those VIP packages. We’ll see in 5 years. 

When they release music and want a section of their base to advocate, they should be turning here first for a groundswell. 

Thing is that stuff is only reciprocated if fans feel that they are valued. I would admit that they’ve fell short in that regard over the years. They haven’t needed us...yet. Eventually this thing comes to head where they need hardcore fans to facilitate to keep this thing going. It needs to beneficial or at least an effort to do so. 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Sad 1