brownstone

jungle

estranged

double talkin jive

so fine

better

Rocket queen

you could be mine

45 min slash solo (or longer depending on how long it takes axl to catch his breath and take a shower or what he does)

anastasia

Dont cry

estranged

Dirty Little Thing

youre crazy (acoustic)

locomotive

Black Leather

NR

SCOM

encore:

right next door to hell

anything goes

night train

11 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

Paradise city

easy

brownstone

jungle

estranged

double talkin jive

so fine

better

Rocket queen

you could be mine

45 min slash solo (or longer depending on how long it takes axl to catch his breath and take a shower or what he does)

anastasia

Dont cry

estranged

Dirty Little Thing

youre crazy (acoustic)

locomotive

Black Leather

NR

SCOM

encore:

right next door to hell

anything goes

night train

That would actually be a pretty sick setlist.. Love that you threw Dirty Little Thing in there.. Just an awesome rock song and suit Axl perfectly.

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That would actually be a pretty sick setlist.. Love that you threw Dirty Little Thing in there.. Just an awesome rock song and suit Axl perfectly.

thanks man.  honestly I always wished they'd throw in dirty little thing over slither simply bc Axl could actually do it justice. 

As cool as it would be to hear some more deep cuts, I doubt certain songs will ever be played again, because of the lyrics.

Pretty Tied Up - "...time went by and it became a joke"

Bad Obsession - "I call my mother, she's just a cunt now..."

and the obvious stuff like One In A Million, Back Off Bitch, and the 'Izzy songs' (14 Years, Dust N' Bones).

Would love to hear them bring back You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, or The Garden though.

9 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

As cool as it would be to hear some more deep cuts, I doubt certain songs will ever be played again, because of the lyrics.

and the obvious stuff like One In A Million, Back Off Bitch, and the 'Izzy songs' (14 Years, Dust N' Bones).

Would love to hear them bring back You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, or The Garden though.

I actually think that we could hear some of those.

I can't see why that lyric would stop them from playing Pretty Tied Up at all. I think that is the most likely out the bunch they we could hear.. I doubt they will play Bad Obsession but I doubt Axl is afraid to say "cunt"...  One In a Million obviously not. I doubt they would ever play BOB but still, not because of the lyrics but more because I don't think they really care for it unfortunately. I really don't think Axl and Slash are to worried about the lyrics not being PC. Just my opinion of course. I wouldn't put it past them playing Dust N' Bones with Duff on vocals.. He has played it solo .. 14 years? I would never rule out an Izzy random appearance. 

My two cents :)

Yes on the other 3 songs you want to hear.. Although I didn't like The Garden on that last Saskatoon bootleg.. I am down for any song 86-93.. I honestly like them all.. Even My World

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I can't see why that lyric would stop them from playing Pretty Tied Up at all. I think that is the most likely out the bunch they we could hear.. I doubt they will play Bad Obsession but I doubt Axl is afraid to say "cunt"...  One In a Million obviously not. I doubt they would ever play BOB but still, not because of the lyrics but more because I don't think they really care for it unfortunately. I really don't think Axl and Slash are to worried about the lyrics not being PC. Just my opinion of course. I wouldn't put it past them playing Dust N' Bones with Duff on vocals.. He has played it solo .. 14 years? I would never rule out an Izzy random appearance. 

Yes on the other 3 songs you want to hear.. Although I didn't like The Garden on that last Saskatoon bootleg.. I am down for any song 86-93.. I honestly like them all.. Even My World

I think it's more about context than the actual lyrics... PTU might be the most likely but that line might seem a little 'too real' now, lol.

As for Bad Obsession, I don't think he'd sing that line about his now-deceased mother, I remember reading around 2014 that Axl played an unreleased song for some people who worked for the Joint/Hard Rock and it was a ballad dedicated to his mom, but I could be incorrect on that. (He played it on piano, he didn't play a studio recording)

I heard Duff sing Dust N' Bones when he opened for Axl in 2011 and it was really good, but I don't think they'd play it in a GNR set.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I always thought Izzy wrote that for some reason. 

Yea he could've written it, I don't know who actually wrote that line, but either way I don't think Axl would sing it.

It's a shame too because he'd sound great on that song now, it fits his current voice a lot better than most old songs...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea he could've written it, I don't know who actually wrote that line, but either way I don't think Axl would sing it.

It's a shame too because he'd sound great on that song now, it fits his current voice a lot better than most old songs...

I actually don't think it would take away from the song that much if he altered those lyrics.. Though it would  most likely spark plenty of forum drama

- AFD straight through every song so that's 1-12 (with Izzy and Steven playing in the band since this is the DREAM Setlist)

- Acoustic set with Patience, Used to Lover Her, Yesterdays, and a cover of Angie by the stones - so that's 13-16

- November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Civil War, Locomotive, Don't Cry - that's 17-23

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hey mate, just wondering why you didn't like the garden from the Saskatoon bootleg?

I thought it was amazing!

3 minutes ago, DK6 said:

Hey mate, just wondering why you didn't like the garden from the Saskatoon bootleg?

I thought it was amazing!

I just didn't some of the things Axl was doing went off well live.. I'll check it out again though.. I actually saw them play that back in the day... Can't say I recall the actual performance of it though.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I actually don't think it would take away from the song that much if he altered those lyrics.. Though it would  most likely spark plenty of forum drama

Anything different would spark forum drama. :lol:

I think they'd just play some different stuff (likely CD songs or covers) before they altered any parts of their old songs though.

The Garden could sound really cool, or it could be a total clusterfuck, but either way they should try it.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:02 PM, jekylhyde said:

They should play just Velvet Revolver songs, maybe throw Seattlehead in there somewhere. Enough of this horsin' around shit.

Guns N' Roses: The Velvet Revolver Experience.

I would actually love to see that. Duff can do Seattlehead and someone mentioned doing some other Neurotic Outsiders tunes, maybe Duff could sing six feet under or something. 

• Like 2

On 07/11/2019 at 12:44 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I think if they have no issues with the lyrics in ISE then those first 2 songs shouldnt matter at all.

They can remove whichita, bhs, seeker ( all covers) and throw the garden in there place 

Edited by Sydney Fan

6 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I think if they have no issues with the lyrics in ISE then those first 2 songs shouldnt matter at all.

They can remove whichita, bhs, seeker ( all covers) and throw the garden in there place 

They don't have an issue with the ISE lyrics because of that ridiculous bullshit Duff made up last year about how they were joking. 

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2019 at 9:32 PM, BadApples87 said:

- AFD straight through every song so that's 1-12 (with Izzy and Steven playing in the band since this is the DREAM Setlist)

- Acoustic set with Patience, Used to Lover Her, Yesterdays, and a cover of Angie by the stones - so that's 13-16

- November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Estranged, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Civil War, Locomotive, Don't Cry - that's 17-23

That would be absolutely phenomenal!  Would love too make it 24 by throwing Nice Boys or Reckless Life in there! Also playing the slow tempo of You're Crazy during the Appetite Set. Maybe even break up Appetite into two parts?

Nice Boys
My Michelle
Think About You
Sweet Child O' Mine
You're Crazy Slow Tempo
Anything Goes
Rocket Queen
Estranged
You Could Be Mine
Civil War
Locomotive
Don't Cry