MYGNRFORUM YouTube Policy

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Which is exactly why I want us to try to make them understand the value of live videos on YT. Because if they came round to the fact that what is happening now is detrimental to the band, they could pull some weight to stop it. Not necessarily by talking sense to the asshats (they are motivated by their own vengeance) but by informing every platform that only copyright claims from them, or specific third parties, are official. I don't know if it would work, but it certainly wouldn't hurt. If they agreed with us that what is happening to thoroughly bad for the band, they would perhaps also be more willing to make a public statement denouncing the takedowns, which would go a long way in consoling some fans here who are really frustrated with what is happening.

Well... Here we go with this week's round, I guess:

It's been explained to TB several times how the take downs are detrimental to the band in many ways, including monitarily. 

They do not care. 

3 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

My understanding of your first post within this thread was that TB even asked you not to discuss any YT videos at mygnrforum.com. 

Now your stating that - in your opinion- neither GNR nor the management have anything to do with the takedowns. I am confused. 

I think you need to re-read my post.  No where did I state that TB or GNR asked us to take down links and prevent discussion of videos posted on YouTube.

Also read the notice I posted over a week ago:

Read this and come back if you still have questions.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, downzy said:

Why not?  Anyone can do it.  I won't provide the steps here but it's possible for anyone to file copyright claims against any platform.

ok but to do it vigorously is very suspect if not obvious considering it makes no sense for fans to do that stuff on their own unless they are getting paid by someone calling the shots, there seems to be some back peddling from the previous revelations and i would just emphasize that this isn't some sort of watergate scandal, but its clear as day that TB is aligned with another propaganda machine that targets this site 

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Again. So you want to tell me there is no override, nothing that a person over at Google or Facebook can do to prevent that from happening and really any lunatic has the free reign to disrupt the business of any band they choose.

It's difficult to believe, but anyone familiar with how Google and Facebook are set up (or, in this case, not set up) to deal with the tricky issue of copyright will say the same thing.

The reality is that there are organizations that are supported but the record industry as a whole with the sole mission of enforcing copyrights for rights holders.  The issue is that some of these organizations act upon notices filed by the general public. 

The problem is Facebook and Google aren't setup to decipher who has proper authority or not, since it all gets funnelled through various copyright enforcement associations.  

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

You know what would put an end to a lot of this? If they posted live pro shots on their YouTube channel 

Wait..... What?! That's a novel idea! What if.... What If.... They released new music every so often too?? 

No we're cooking with some great ideas lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Like Metallica does 

Metallica (and also the Black Crowes and Springsteen) are great with posting full soundsboards of their concerts online that fans can purchase after the show. It's absolutely brilliant. I've bought every show I could from those 3 bands and loved all the recordings to bits. THAT's how you do it. It's easy, it's simple, it's great for the fans and I assume profitable for the band. 

Edited by username
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

ok but to do it vigorously is very suspect if not obvious considering it makes no sense for fans to do that stuff on their own unless they are getting paid by someone calling the shots

I think you underestimate how shallow, petty, and small the lives of some GNR fans are.  

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Well... Here we go with this week's round, I guess:

It's been explained to TB several times how the take downs are detrimental to the band in many ways, including monitarily. 

They do not care. 

I know, and what I am saying is that we shouldn't give up. Remember? 

3 minutes ago, username said:

Metallica (and also the Black Crowes and Springsteen) are great with posting full soundsboards of their concerts online that fans can purchase after the show. It's absolutely brilliant. I've bought every show I could from those 3 bands and loved all the recordings to bots. THAT's how you do it. It's easy, it's simple, it's great for the fans and I assume profitable for the band. 

To be fair, I think the label situation would make that impossible right now. They need to release albums and get out of the contract to do something like that

in fact that’s the only real reason why they should release an album. It makes an entirely new revenue stream they can gouge fans from. They’d make a killing self releasing stuff like that 

Edited by guitarpatch

1 minute ago, username said:

Metallica (and also the Black Crowes and Springsteen) are great with posting full soundsboards of their concerts online that fans can purchase after the show. It's absolutely brilliant. I've bought every show I could from those 3 bands and loved all the recordings to bots. THAT's how you do it. It's easy, it's simple, it's great for the fans and I assume profitable for the band. 

I've been screaming this since at least 2002. 

WHY on Earth would GNR not offer soundboard recordings for their fans to buy? I've purchased many Crowes shows I've been to and I know other people who have too. 

I seriously thought that Nightrain was the start of them heading in the right direction with their online presence. Turns out, no, lol. 

• Like 2

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I know, and what I am saying is that we shouldn't give up. Remember? 

Yep. Sure do. Do you remember how I said you posting that same thing over and over is now considered trolling? 

There won't be another verbal warning for this. 

• GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, downzy said:

I think you need to re-read my post.  No where did I state that TB or GNR asked us to take down links and prevent discussion of videos posted on YouTube.

Also read the notice I posted over a week ago:

Read this and come back if you still have questions.  

No offense was meant to be done. 

It was just a misunderstanding. RussTcb was gentle enough to clarify this with one sentence. 

3 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

No offense was meant to be done. 

It was just a misunderstanding. RussTcb was gentle enough to clarify this with one sentence. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound curt.  There's a lot happening and I was simply reiterating information that would help clarify the matter for you.  

• Like 1

I've half read the thread again haha

I would find it a shame for the band to abandon the forums, we are living in a new era and everything is new and wild on the internet. The band should take into account the fact that throughout the CD sessions, there were demos in record shops, there were students at recording studios offering out material, and public recordings of this, that and the other out there for trade. Despite any leaks that have happened, 99 per cent of anything has been respected and kept quiet over a very long period of time, and on an official basis, there has been one album release in 20 plus years, and the band still has active forums. All of that is amazing, and a lot of it respectful. I get that the leaks would have been hurtful, but they have always been there and given how connected the world is now, it will become increasingly difficult to stop leaks of anything that is out there. Rather than being bitter, turn lemons into lemonade and look at how you can benefit from the situation.

As I have said before, social media is full of flakes, and they were the ones spreading the material. Noone reads the forums anymore apart from us, it is social media and reddit that were more damaging on many levels.

If you get rid of gnrcentral and alternative nation, there is no connect from the forums to the outside world anymore, these places are hidden away. However, these places are where the people that spend the big money on the concerts and the merch exist. And these are the places where the fans will still be years ahead when the flaky people lose interest

1 hour ago, username said:

Metallica (and also the Black Crowes and Springsteen) are great with posting full soundsboards of their concerts online that fans can purchase after the show. It's absolutely brilliant. I've bought every show I could from those 3 bands and loved all the recordings to bits. THAT's how you do it. It's easy, it's simple, it's great for the fans and I assume profitable for the band. 

The best souvenirs I have ever gotten from a band that I saw live, are two CDs of the Pearl Jam shows I saw, professionally mixed and mastered, and released with a little tour artwork and a back cover track listing on a cardboard CD sleeve

I am surprised more acts don't do it, it would help cut down on the phone recording AND is a really great and easy way to make money

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Unfortunately, no. 

Thankfully our forum has a lot more going on than just that though. 

Thanks I can work around it.  I generally post how I'm finding those.  I can do that without a link to where it's at.  Public information zone I would think but I can be wrong.

• Like 1