Europe 2020 Tour Announced

I saw an ad yesterday that they’re lining up for Pinkpop 2020 and I happen to be in the Netherlands until next August. Pretty good line up too. But it’ll cost me 110 euros. Still thinking about it because there is also another festival nearer with also good line ups, will only cost me 50 euros.

I don’t feel the urgency of watching GN’R again unless they’re doing something big. Like album for example :D 

20 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Hey were you at the 92 show also?? What’s your memories. I had a fucking brilliant day with some drunken “responsible adults” 😂

No i was only 4 yrs old in 1992😂😂😂😂 pity tho. Rte put up a clip of intervewing Slane goers in 1992...ill try find it

36 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I agree with this, and I saw them in 2016. It's been hard on the ears since then.

I still can't undertand people who think it sounds good. 

I agree, I won't even see a show nowadays unless someone pays for me. I love Axl, and I love GnR to death, but I am NOT watching Mickey Mouse live. 

4 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Some of these Stadiums cost over £200k & Cardiff is 1 most expensive Stadiums tixs are not going too be any cheaper than 2017 im sure of that

Nobody is dropping ticket prices, Live Nation stadium gigs over here have been absolutely outrageous the last few years.  A few shows have tanked because of this, The Who was one at Wembley.  The Eagles shows are a whole new level for a stadium in the UK ( a stadium anywhere?) and look very slow today but the price increases keep coming.  Seems they're happy to sell half the ground at daft money than have a crack at filling it at something more reasonable these days

The only way I could see anything "cheap" would be nosebleeds if they're hoping to do 2 nights but I wouldn't hold my breath at anything under £70 after fees.  Most seats will be £100ish I imagine with plenty above this.  

It's strange to think how much I spent doing two gold circle gigs at London a few years ago but it's kind of uninspiring to see the same show again and again.  I can't believe how little it has changed.  I'd go if it was in my city (Manchester) but miss a day of work, book trains and a hotel is a lot of effort to see the same thing.  Even if they just switched the running order and refreshed the production it might perk my interest a little but they haven't half flogged this (good but not breathtaking) show to death

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

I saw Axl when he could still sing and again with Izzy fucking Stradlin.

I'll take that over the NITL shitshow any day.

I'd take 2010 Axl with Ron and DJ over the NITL tour any day of the week, too. Even the shows I saw between 2011-2014 were better than the shows I saw in 2017.

As far as the 'old albums are just nostalgia too' thing... at least the old albums still sound good. But hearing Axl croak his way thru YCBM, RQ, SCOM etc is just depressing now. He sounds bad, and the band sounds bored.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd take 2010 Axl with Ron and DJ over the NITL tour any day of the week, too. Even the shows I saw between 2011-2014 were better than the shows I saw in 2017.

As far as the 'old albums are just nostalgia too' thing... at least the old albums still sound good. But hearing Axl croak his way thru YCBM, RQ, SCOM etc is just depressing now. He sounds bad, and the band sounds bored.

A lot of good shows in that era, you will have all the people saying it's not GnR without Slash and so on but the shows were fun, affordable, they sounded mostly great and there was that sense of danger and feeling anything could happen which is long gone.  And for us Europeans you are never going to replicate the feeling of being indoors with them coming on at 11-12pm with standing in the daylight in a massive stadium with people there mostly for their annual gig rather than being engrossed in the performance. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

A lot of good shows in that era, you will have all the people saying it's not GnR without Slash and so on but the shows were fun, affordable, they sounded mostly great and there was that sense of danger and feeling anything could happen which is long gone.  And for us Europeans you are never going to replicate the feeling of being indoors with them coming on at 11-12pm with standing in the daylight in a massive stadium with people there mostly for their annual gig rather than being engrossed in the performance. 

Agreed, Axl was still unpredictable and the shows had a very different atmosphere to them. When I saw them in 2010 they hit the stage sometime between 10-10:30 and I thought 'wow, he's early!' :lol:

Plus, GA tickets were still about $90 for those shows... which meant that more rowdy people and enthusiastic fans got into the pit, which generally made it more fun. $300 pit tickets for NITL made for a very 'corporate-friendly' kind of atmosphere.

• Like 1

I've cleaned up this thread a bit - it's really not necessary to incessantly debate a single member's stance on these shows (Or the reunion in general) in this thread. Someone posted something reasonable about why they're not going to attend a gig on this leg of the tour, and they were jumped on by multiple other members for their opinions. So et me make this clear - there is nothing wrong with someone saying they don't support this tour, so long as it's done without bashing those that do. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Shall just throw this out there. Glastonbury only has Paul McCartney confirmed as a headliner so far. No doubt would be the Sunday 28th to close out the festival. Guns playing Ireland 27th could we see them headline on the Friday? The other 2 acts have never headlined before. They're not on the rumour list but could still be a surprise. Tickets already sold and would not be announced until well after tickets for their own tour have sold through.

3 hours ago, Jaygnr said:

No i was only 4 yrs old in 1992😂😂😂😂 pity tho. Rte put up a clip of intervewing Slane goers in 1992...ill try find it

Yeah I saw that footage a while ago, pretty cool to see it after all those years. I was almost 13 then and it was the second gig I’d been to! The other being the stunning in longford town 😂 Beat (up) On the street.....

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

I've cleaned up this thread a bit - it's really not necessary to incessantly debate a single member's stance on these shows (Or the reunion in general) in this thread. Someone posted something reasonable about why they're not going to attend a gig on this leg of the tour, and they were jumped on by multiple other members for their opinions. So et me make this clear - there is nothing wrong with someone saying they don't support this tour, so long as it's done without bashing those that do. 

Where do I file my countersuit? 

1 hour ago, waxl1974 said:

Shall just throw this out there. Glastonbury only has Paul McCartney confirmed as a headliner so far. No doubt would be the Sunday 28th to close out the festival. Guns playing Ireland 27th could we see them headline on the Friday? The other 2 acts have never headlined before. They're not on the rumour list but could still be a surprise. Tickets already sold and would not be announced until well after tickets for their own tour have sold through.

I hope not. It's impossible to get tickets for Glastonbury. 

2 hours ago, waxl1974 said:

Unless they've got charitable in their old age no chance. This is all about money. 

Glastonbury don't pay market rate, the fees are very very low.  People do it for exposure

Taylor swift is one of the other ones apparently.  Not sure who the third is but heard Kendrick Lamar for Glasto and BST.  That would tie in nicely with 2019 gender/ race issues so I suspect a good chance.

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Agreed, Axl was still unpredictable and the shows had a very different atmosphere to them. When I saw them in 2010 they hit the stage sometime between 10-10:30 and I thought 'wow, he's early!' :lol:

Plus, GA tickets were still about $90 for those shows... which meant that more rowdy people and enthusiastic fans got into the pit, which generally made it more fun. $300 pit tickets for NITL made for a very 'corporate-friendly' kind of atmosphere.

I have had GA tixs to a few NITL shows and definitely didn’t see many / any C-level executives there. I think this is a mischaracterization - generally saw a lot of die-hards and then older folks who have been fans for decades. I think the gigs are less rowdy because everyone is 10+ yrs older! 

The corporate element to gigs is in the suites/boxes, not the pit.

Hope we get something new in 2020

Edited by nycgunner
  • Like 1