03/14/20 - Mexico City, MX - Vive Latino Festival

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I see the 1997-2014 lineups as a separate band that I just call “New GnR” in my head, whereas “real” GnR existed from 1985-1997 and has existed again since 2014 (or whenever it was that Duff came back to replace Tommy).

Do you count NITL as GnR?

GNR has existed since 1985 that's it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

Don’t kill me on this 1 like you cats always do but as a day 1 fan - I don’t see anything unfamiliar in what the band is doing - No announcements - who cares ? It’s Gnr 

No new Album - It’s Gnr - it’s their band not ours and have always liked that about them 

ive seen it all with this band - I like just sitting back and watch u guys and gals post stuff - Like they care!!! They don’t 

I understand that and have for ages 

I still love band and band I mean Slash - Duff - Izzy - Steven - Matt and Gilby - Not the Axl Rose solo project “ Chinese Democracy “ go ahead and blast but CD isn’t Gnfnr 

Still love the mysterious veil of silence this band has always had 

The way you refer to others as "cats" is so hilariously stupid to me. Love it

9 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

GNR has existed since 1985 that's it

I've been laughing at this whole "THAT'S NOT GN'R" bullshit since I joined the forums around 2002. 

I can't imagine living a life so sheltered. I'm super glad I don't live that way though. I would have missed out on tons of great GN'R shows if I did. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I've been laughing at this whole "THAT'S NOT GN'R" bullshit since I joined the forums around 2002. 

I can't imagine living a life so sheltered. I'm super glad I don't live that way though. I would have missed out on tons of great GN'R shows if I did. 

I mean I don’t consider 1997-2014 band to be GN’R either, it doesn’t makes sense to me. I love Chinese Democracy but it’s not a Guns N’ Roses album imo. It needs at least 3 of the 5 Appetite members for me to call it Guns N’ Roses. So, yeah, Axl and his band had some great shows between those years but I don’t consider those to be GN’R. It had the legal name, yes, but it just feels like if Noel Gallagher called 3 random guys and tried to pass it as Oasis. Or Dave Grohl called 2 random guys when Kurt died and tried to pass it as Nirvana. Same with Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder or Red Hot Chili Peppers and Kiedis. It would be laughable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NicoGNR5 said:

I mean I don’t consider 1997-2014 band to be GN’R either, it doesn’t makes sense to me. I love Chinese Democracy but it’s not a Guns N’ Roses album imo. It needs at least 3 of the 5 Appetite members for me to call it Guns N’ Roses. So, yeah, Axl and his band had some great shows between those years but I don’t consider those to be GN’R. It had the legal name, yes, but it just feels like if Noel Gallagher called 3 random guys and tried to pass it as Oasis. Or Dave Grohl called 2 random guys when Kurt died and tried to pass it as Nirvana. Same with Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder or Red Hot Chili Peppers and Kiedis. It would be laughable.

AC/DC is not AC/DC without Bon Scott or Mark Evans

Beatles are not the Beatles without Pete Best or Stuart Sutcliff 

Metallica is not Metallica without Dave Mustaine and Cliff Burton

See how stupid that sounds?

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

20 minutes ago, soon said:

Even Axl called it NuGuns though, didn't he?

No he said in 2009 he considered the lineup at the time to be “Guns N Roses” and any past lineups to be “old Guns.”

i dont see the 97-14 lineups as just “Axl’s band.” I still call it “New GnR.” I just put “new” in the title in my head, is all.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

This show is still not cancelled?

I have not seen anything yet. No mention of the Mexico show (either good or bad news) on their official social media accounts.

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

No he said in 2009 he considered the lineup at the time to be “Guns N Roses” and any past lineups to be “old Guns.”

i dont see the 97-14 lineups as just “Axl’s band.” I still call it “New GnR.” I just put “new” in the title in my head, is all.

Really? Huh, I could swear Ive heard him say 'NuGuns" or "New Guns N Roses" before. 

I too consider it all Guns N Roses, and can see the use of defining the eras. Like how Deep Purple uses the "Mark 1, 2, 3, 4" thing.

1 minute ago, soon said:
12 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Really? Huh, I could swear Ive heard him say 'NuGuns" or "New Guns N Roses" before. 

Iirc, he said that, although he called the then current lineup Guns N' Roses and the classic GnR "old Guns" or "Appetite/Illusions lineups", he understood and accepted that the fans might refer to the new band as "Nu Guns".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, NicoGNR5 said:

See below 

57 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

We actually did an entire episode about this type of thing on my show. 

While I would never call someone "stupid" for having an opinion, to me it's all Guns N Roses. 

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I don't consider those shows I saw between 2006 and 2012 as Guns N' Roses shows, but still enjoyed them. How about that?

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

None of these bands only kept one original member and kept going. So yes, it does sound stupid. The majority of the people from the original/almost original members are still there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PatrickS77 said:

None of these bands only kept one original member and kept going. So yes, it does sound stupid. The majority of the people from the original/almost original members are still there.

Well technically 2016 AC/DC only had Angus as an original member, but by that point Cliff Williams had also been in the band for so long that it didn’t really matter.

1 hour ago, NicoGNR5 said:

Noel wasn't the lead singer, Grohl wasn't the lead singer. End of the day that IS what it comes down to. It's not the original band, and it dod sound different (in some years) but bands change, but the band continues. You're boundaries are a little too romantic IMO😃

Also, current gnr doesn't sound as good! Twisting the knife 🤣

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I don't consider those shows I saw between 2006 and 2012 as Guns N' Roses shows, but still enjoyed them. How about that?

I don't mean this in the shitty way that it's going to come out via text but, good for you?

Like I said earlier (and again, I don't mean this in a shitty way towards you) this is such a tired, old & busted argument. The only reason it's staining this thread is because a borderline troll had nothing better to do than post their usual gibberish. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Well technically 2016 AC/DC only had Angus as an original member, but by that point Cliff Williams had also been in the band for so long that it didn’t really matter.

If the term spent in a band counts, then it counts! Some of the guys that with were with Axl/GNR from 97-2014 had nearly 20yrs in the band.