Books/Reading Thread

axlrose15

A book about Christopher Columbus by some Norwegian author. Interesting enough. I found it at my mum's place this Easter while looking for interesting history books. My mum's got books everywhere and wants me to take as many as I can to free up space in her shelves. So I bought a bunch back home, mostly related to the Iron Age since that's where my interest lies these days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On vacation (and on a "mission" to catch up on all "classics" I haven't read yet), last week I plowed through: the adventures of Huckleberry Finn, to kill a mockingbird and oliver twist (I'm a fast reader). Of the three I enjoyed huckleberry the most, although I liked the bleakness of Oliver Twist. "Mockingbird" didn't hold up against those other two classics IMO.

Edited by Homefuck
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Reading a great book called The Outlaw Sea. It's about all the crazy shit that goes on out in the oceans, like piracy, or dangerous merchant vessels crewed by third world crews that are owned by ghost companies in Panama and no clue who the real owners are etc. About half way through and would highly recommend, really eye opening 

• Like 2