Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

TB is so terrible that I have to check myself before I start disliking an entire country.

Brazil used to conjure up these things in my mind

The Beautiful Game

Samba (and football again :lol:)

And the Carnival in Rio

rio-carnival_resize4.jpg

Now, when I hear the word Brazil I think of this

• Like 2

I love how GNR's FB page is basically some Buzzfeed type of page now. The comments are pure gold.

"Did you need to post this story on the GN'R page? I only want to hear news about GN'R."

"Is this the kind of stuff GnR is posting now?"

"What the Fuck does any of these posts have to with the band or the music ???...I wanna see updates about Guns N' Roses not this stupid shit I can see any where !!!..."

"Central De Fã's Guns N' Roses Brasil Galera, curtam essa pagina foda! Fotos, videos e tudo mais sobre Axl Rose na era 87 á 93! Muito obgg"

• Like 3

I love how GNR's FB page is basically some Buzzfeed type of page now. The comments are pure gold.

"Did you need to post this story on the GN'R page? I only want to hear news about GN'R."

"What the Fuck does any of these posts have to with the band or the music ???...I wanna see updates about Guns N' Roses not this stupid shit I can see any where !!!..."

"Central De Fã's Guns N' Roses Brasil Galera, curtam essa pagina foda! Fotos, videos e tudo mais sobre Axl Rose na era 87 á 93! Muito obgg"

I had a similar reply to them once via Twitter.

Whomever runs the account tweeted back almost immediately saying that "plenty of their fans like these type of posts".

I just ended up unfollowing both the twitter and fb accounts soon after.

• Like 1

They're buying fake followers, so this is something on the same level.

Fitting that GNR's social media pages fall somewhere between those of a spambot and an intensely annoying teenage girl called Jennifer. The hilarious things is that they actually pay someone to manage these things. Still, I guess it's easier than just admitting the band has broken up, there's no new music coming and Axl is sitting in his mansion growing fatter and older.

The Facebook posted my tattoo again today.

Yeah I just saw, I thought its your birthday, is it your birthday today?

It is tomorrow, but Facebook gives a notification to people the week of your birthday.

but well its good that your birthday was posted by the GNR fb page even though they post shitty things all the times, as you mentioned before, the person who handles the page met you in Vegas and knows you from the GNR's website also, btw is it any good in the forum over there?

Edit - It seems they deleted the post

Edited by Slash787

The Facebook posted my tattoo again today.

Yeah I just saw, I thought its your birthday, is it your birthday today?
It is tomorrow, but Facebook gives a notification to people the week of your birthday.

but well its good that your birthday was posted by the GNR fb page even though they post shitty things all the times, as you mentioned before, the person who handles the page met you in Vegas and knows you from the GNR's website also, btw is it any good in the forum over there?

Edit - It seems they deleted the post

Yeah, I met one of the guys who handles the social media stuff in Vegas and we talk occasionally. And the post is still there.

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/605916828150284288

Is this a shot at the hardcore fans? It ends with baby(ies), not sure though. Maybe I read it wrong.

What does PSA mean?

Public Service Announcement. Basically take it as a public message to the die hard fans or babies. Depends how you read it. Sounds to me like they read something that upset them.

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/605916828150284288

Is this a shot at the hardcore fans? It ends with baby(ies), not sure though. Maybe I read it wrong.

What does PSA mean?
Public Service Announcement. Basically take it as a public message to the die hard fans or babies. Depends how you read it. Sounds to me like they read something that upset them.
Thanks for that. I'm hopeless with these abbreviations. ?

It could just be something as simple as their social media guy throwing out some random lyrics to generate some activity, or it could be something with more meaning. Who would know with this band.

They always find a reason to be upset.

They are the real "complaints, complaints, complaints"

(They = the one/ones who manage the gnr social media)

• Like 1

It's probably supposed to mean "goodbye to people who complain about us" but what it actually says is "Goodbye to our die-hard fans, and thanks for the memories."

This is what happens when:

a. You let your housekeeper's kids manage the press for a multi-million dollar band/business

b. English isn't those kids' first language

This fucking band...

• Like 1