Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Of course and I have no problem with that. It just seems more often than not like spoilt children reactions.

I find it odd how one new member just playing keyboard and backing vocals is a matter of life and death for some fans who wants her in the band no matter what. I just think she not very much important. And the band would still be great without her.

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

No, not all of us....bc first I would've asked "where's Izzy and Steven" and then I would have said. "Well that's cool and all, better than nothing, I guess.  It'll be great to see Slash and Axl and Duff together again, but this smurfette thing is not gonna go over well, and hopefully you have a better drunmer lined up than Frank."

hahaha @smurfette! and so agree about Frank :facepalm:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AlexC said:

So you'd rather have just the original 5 playing AFD songs and abandoning all of their post Appetite stuff like November Rain, Estranged etc. and their more ambitious material? And if they were to release new music you wouldn't want Richard, Dizzy, Frank and Melissa involved at all?

I'm sure a lot of people's answer would be yes and I can see why but I'd actually prefer them to progress and not repeat something that can't be replicated.

So, new music from this GNR would involve Rihanna's guitar player and Taylor Swift producer? Wow!

I'll wait for Steve n Izzy...

32 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

We have 3/5ths the original line up. They play songs such as Coma, OTGM, DTJ, and Yesterdays. Axl sounds the best he has since 2010. Steven Adler has guested with the band 4 times (4/5!). 

And Melissa ruins all of that? Who cares? If anything, it means there's a small chance Axl hasn't given up on his vision if he hasn't omitted the position yet. I am okay with this position for songs like This I Love (it would be empty without it), November Rain, Estranged, Better, TWAT, the heartbeats in Coma...

They want a second keyboardist. Get over it.

It is hilarious that people still hang on to Axl's "vision" lol. That is the whole problem. Axl proved his vision was a joke lol.. To most CD was a joke and they could care less if those songs are even played. Those sure aren't the songs that are selling out Stadiums all over the world.

As for Coma, Estranged and COMA.. They have played all those songs flawlessly in the past without her.. Dizzy can certainly do whatever she does..

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

We have 3/5ths the original line up. They play songs such as Coma, OTGM, DTJ, and Yesterdays. Axl sounds the best he has since 2010. Steven Adler has guested with the band 4 times (4/5!). 

And Melissa ruins all of that? Who cares? If anything, it means there's a small chance Axl hasn't given up on his vision if he hasn't omitted the position yet. I am okay with this position for songs like This I Love (it would be empty without it), November Rain, Estranged, Better, TWAT, the heartbeats in Coma...

They want a second keyboardist. Get over it.

Are you saying the show would be worst off without TIL? :lol:  They have plenty of songs 100 times better. There won't be any emptiness if they play Perfect Crime, Breakdown or Pretty Tied Up replacing TIL 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

the people who want to hear CD songs are the NuGuns fans. that's how i perceive it anyway *shrugs*

Over the years there's been Nuguns fans who bashed anything Regarding old Guns and always sided with Axl. Now a lot of those same people talk glowingly about the reunion and how awesome Slash is. 

A lot of fans like me prefer the old guys but also acknowledge that CD has some great songs. I've also seen many casual fans say that CD is criminally underrated. 

As someone else pointed out CD sold incredibly well despite the music industry being in shambles and nothing like it was in 1991. 

So even though people are going to the shows for the Big 3 and the classics many like hearing the CD songs mixed in. If only Slash would stop butchers them :)

Edited by Top-Hatted One

Just now, Top-Hatted One said:

Over the years there's been Nuguns fans who bashed anything Regarding old Guns and always sided with Axl. Now a lot of those same people talk glowingly about the reunion and how awesome Slash is. 

A lot of fans like me prefer the old guys but also acknowledge that CD has some great songs. I've also seen many casual fans say that CD is criminally underrated. 

i think i misspoke, i should have said MOST. i actually like some CD songs but only now that Slash is playing them. sometimes two musicians come together and create such magic and i believe Axl and Slash are an example of that magic. of course i want Izzy and Steven back too! :) 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

It is hilarious that people still hang on to Axl's "vision" lol. That is the whole problem. Axl proved his vision was a joke lol.. To most CD was a joke and they could care less if those songs are even played. Those sure aren't the songs that are selling out Stadiums all over the world.

As for Coma, Estranged and COMA.. They have played all those songs flawlessly in the past without her.. Dizzy can certainly do whatever she does..

Axl never released or supported his own vision. It's not fair to really judge anything about it. A lot of people like Chinese Democracy and the songs get a good reaction live. I'm not saying the band is dying for a second keyboardist but the position doesn't bother me and I don't see any point in complaining about it because it enhances the songs and is the band's decision.

11 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

You seem to miss the point. 

It is not up to you or me or anyone else to tell an artist what their vision is or is not. It was his art and his vision.

The only person that was effected by IT would have been or could have been Axl himself from a creative point of view, the effect that vision had on the him personally and financially.

Over 32000 people attended a show last night and the comments about that show from the general fan here in New Zealand was not about RASP, the female with blue hair on the keyboards or that CD era songs are bad etc as people enjoyed the experience and the show. 

I am not a Axl supporter just a fan for over 25 years who believes this is a good time to be a long time fan and supporter of GNR and rock music. 

Axl and Slash have moved on sometimes i think some fans need to move on and look towards the future as things never stay the same. 

excellent post.

Im all for people voicing their opinions and concerns all they wish. Trust me, this not a people need to let it go already type post. but everyday though? discussions on the never ending topic of Axl's vision, Chi Dem, what members are in, what memebers are out, what members of the band wear, how they look like are bit much imo. People spend far too much time on things they cannot change. when they should sit back and enjoy the experience for we dont know when and how soon it will all end. yeah its not perfect, but such is the world and the people and animals who inhabit it. 

41 minutes ago, Padme said:

Are you saying the show would be worst off without TIL? :lol:  They have plenty of songs 100 times better. There won't be any emptiness if they play Perfect Crime, Breakdown or Pretty Tied Up replacing TIL 

This I Love is a great tune. Great piano work and shows off Axl's incredible range. 

13 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Many of Rock Band have their own Melissa's playing Synth offstage laying some sub bass or sub rhythm while their fans keep lauding their favorite 4 man bands as the manliest bands alive.

Guns (or Axl) obviously didn't like those practices and put 2 of them onstage instead.

Pretty sure Guns were never hiding anyone backstage playing sub bass, synths or rhythm as a 6 person band... Or 5 person band for that matter.  They didn't need to. They were and are better than that... They aren't Motley Crue or Def Leppard. What is next? Backing tracks and piped in vocals?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Pretty sure Guns were never hiding anyone backstage playing sub bass, synths or rhythm as a 6 person band... Or 5 person band for that matter.  They didn't need to. They were and are better than that... They aren't Motley Crue or Def Leppard. What is next? Backing tracks and piped in vocals?

Dizzy is the one who doing that on UYI era. AFD era off course they didn't need any additional dude because the "keyboard ruining hard rock" mindset still going strong on everybody except Axl. Right now with Dizzy already adding his own flair to the song and the band think there's another layer that need to be covered with the lost of obviously they need somebody else because Dizzy ain't an octopus.

What Melissa does other than obvious Synth orchestra like on NR or TIL described on here.

Whether a Kiss song contained keyboard parts or not, Corbett says he played on every number at every concert he ever did with the band. Instead of adding, say, piano fills, he’d double rhythm guitar parts with a gnarly, guitar-ish synth tone. “Those guys put on such a show. Gene and Paul are running around so much, and sometimes the playing takes a backseat to the show. So in order for certain parts to never stop, you reinforce Paul’s guitar parts or you're doubling the bass on certain things to fill out the bottom end.”

http://www.laweekly.com/music/inside-the-strange-hidden-world-of-offstage-touring-musicians-6539027

16 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Dizzy is the one who doing that on UYI era. AFD era off course they didn't need any additional dude because the "keyboard ruining hard rock" mindset still going strong on everybody except Axl. Right now with Dizzy already adding his own flair to the song and the band think there's another layer that need to be covered with the lost of obviously they need somebody else because Dizzy ain't an octopus.

What Melissa does other than obvious Synth orchestra like on NR or TIL described on here.

Whether a Kiss song contained keyboard parts or not, Corbett says he played on every number at every concert he ever did with the band. Instead of adding, say, piano fills, he’d double rhythm guitar parts with a gnarly, guitar-ish synth tone. “Those guys put on such a show. Gene and Paul are running around so much, and sometimes the playing takes a backseat to the show. So in order for certain parts to never stop, you reinforce Paul’s guitar parts or you're doubling the bass on certain things to fill out the bottom end.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/inside-the-strange-hidden-world-of-offstage-touring-musicians-6539027

Now we are going to hold KISS as the live gold standard lol... Guns N' Roses are better than that. "The band" doesn't think they need a synth player to fill out the sound... Axl does.. I don't care how much Flair Dizzy is adding to anything. He can put his flair in his pocket for songs like November Rain and do whatever the smurf is doing for those songs. He can probably do it better anyway.. And has done it all before.

Seriously.... This is Guns N' Roses.. Not KISS or Motley Crue... Guns N' Roses are far more talented than those bands.. They played songs like Coma, Estranged and November Rain pretty damn good back in the day.  

I am fully aware of bands that bands use hidden touring musicians and there is a cheesy factor to them being hidden. I agree that they should just be up on the stage even if hardly noticeable. Bands like KISS, Motley Crue and even legends like Black Sabbath.  I fucking love Black Sabbath. Those are all 4 piece bands though.. Guns N' Roses would still have SIX people without a second sub bass synth player. If they still need help filling out the sound with 6 musicians on stage, they should hang it up.. Dizzy can handle all that shit and Slash certainly doesn't need anyone helping him. His playing doesn't "take a backseat" to his running around like Paul Stanley.. Slash is a beast and 100% focused on kicking ass first and foremost. Now if you want to talk Fortus punching and throwing his guitar around.. His playing might be taking a back seat from time to time ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Now we are going to hold KISS as the live gold standard lol... Guns N' Roses are better than that. "The band" doesn't think they need a synth player to fill out the sound... Axl does.. I don't care how much Flair Dizzy is adding to anything. He can put his flair in his pocket for songs like November Rain and do whatever the smurf is doing for those songs. He can probably do it better anyway.. And has done it all before.

Seriously.... This is Guns N' Roses.. Not KISS or Motley Crue... Guns N' Roses are far more talented than those bands.. They played songs like Coma, Estranged and November Rain pretty damn good back in the day.  

I am fully aware of bands that bands use hidden touring musicians and there is a cheesy factor to them being hidden. I agree that they should just be up on the stage even if hardly noticeable. Bands like KISS, Motley Crue and even legends like Black Sabbath.  I fucking love Black Sabbath. Those are all 4 piece bands though.. Guns N' Roses would still have SIX people without a second sub bass synth player. If they still need help filling out the sound with 6 musicians on stage, they should hang it up.. Dizzy can handle all that shit and Slash certainly doesn't need anyone helping him. His playing doesn't "take a backseat" to his running around like Paul Stanley.. Slash is a beast and 100% focused on kicking ass first and foremost. Now if you want to talk Fortus punching and throwing his guitar around.. His playing might be taking a back seat from time to time 

Actually i'm neither supporting the inclusion of her (or the 2nd keyboards position) nor hating her, i just think if the band need somebody to fills that layer then that's okay, even though it's obvious Axl's idea, Slash and Duff seems okay with her, and if somehow they want to records some song or album i believe Slash and Duff will do the right quality control to not let Axl go overblown.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

There's an artistic value with GNR that doesn't quite exist with many of the other big rock bands. Many stick to what they are good at and release that album over and over again without growing artistically as a band. Which is great, if gnr kept releasing a AFD like album every few years they would have had a devoted following similar to a metallica or  AC/DC But when you have a guy like Axl then you have a band that feels the need to grow and mature their music...never quite reinventing what they've already done.

Axl tested new sounds, new instruments, new ways of making music and for rock loyalist that is not a good thing. It's really crazy how many sounds they came up with and yet still sound like themselves. 

I think there is some resentment towards gnr for not staying true to AFD sound from rock loyalist but they created such great music on UYI I have a hard time being one of those guys mad at Axl for adding pianos and keys to their sound. 

So when it comes to the shows there are plenty of songs that have no use for two keyboardist but again you have Axl and he's trying his best to recreate the sound from the album in an authentic manner. He always wanted the shows to be big, loud and authentic so while I get that they could simplify gnr by stripping some of the excess, I also feel they wouldn't be gnr without it. 

As far as Melissa goes, she walks out on stage with Axl she walks off stage with him, the backstage stuff we see them together, she's usually standing by him in pictures...I don't think she is going anywhere, her and Axl seem to have a cool friendship. Also she's younger than the guys sometimes having someone young around brings about energy. I think they all enjoy her and she's way better than seeing Pittman anywhere  

Thats some undisputable giant truth right there. Nice writing dude.  You just describe the secret  of  Gnr greatness word by word.

A band that can play wttj and nr .. Or it so easy and dc.. Perfect crime and sidhy,  rndth and patience..  Otgm and estranged..  Masterpieces like coma or locomotive...  And now adding stuff like better, this i love and cd to that delicious and unique catalogue. 

Thats why they are what they are.. Thats why they ruling earnings since since they got back.  Cause yes, afd is the best debut album ever and one of the bests albums of all time,  but its november rain the +700 million views on youtube. 

Cause i was loving afd .. Yeah, very much..same thing with lies.. But once i got the illusions i decided to become a musician.

So .. if Mr rose is the reason of that evolution (  we already know that)... THANKS RED HEAD.. THANK U SO MUCH. 

• Like 1

:34 

:24 

:10 

Almost every show ends with them walking off together so for anyone that dismisses how much Axl likes having Melissa around. She's awesome, I highly doubt he will get rid of her. If we had more video of Axl and Slash together like this people would be in tears 

Edited by IncitingChaos