Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

42 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is blatant as night and day it was about Slash. What is that line, ''shut up and sing?''

If I remember correctly Axl had said in some interview or the chats that Sorry wasn't about "the person you think" That meant Slash. Why would he lie? Was he afraid  it would backfire if he admited that? Everything backfire anyway. With the CD delays, the revolving door members/managers. The lack of attention CD got from casual fans.  What more did he have to lose by admiting that Sorry was about Slash? Btw I'm on the fense on this one. On the other hand there are fans who believe that Street Of Dream is about Slash. For me it's very hard to believe. I would be very surprised if one day Axl confirms this is the case about SOD

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is blatant as night and day it was about Slash. What is that line, ''shut up and sing?''

The song's about the media and failed managers he's worked with, evident by the line "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would" which goes back to Get in The Ring's "Im gonna kick your ass"

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

I don't see that Slash would be up on stage playing CD if he really did'nt want to, and defiantly not the proportion of CD songs they are playing at a show.

Axl confirmed he got in contact with Slash regarding a reunion following the Coachella offer, so Slash at this point would have had quite a bit of leverage to negotiate how they would go about it and if CD would be part of the set list. 

1 hour ago, Padme said:

If I remember correctly Axl had said in some interview or the chats that Sorry wasn't about "the person you think" That meant Slash. Why would he lie? Was he afraid  it would backfire if he admited that? Everything backfire anyway. With the CD delays, the revolving door members/managers. The lack of attention CD got from casual fans.  What more did he have to lose by admiting that Sorry was about Slash? Btw I'm on the fense on this one. On the other hand there are fans who believe that Street Of Dream is about Slash. For me it's very hard to believe. I would be very surprised if one day Axl confirms this is the case about SOD

Imo the only CD song that is clearly (although maybe not solely) about the old band, the break up and Slash is Madagascar. I don't think Sorry is about Slash, not because I necessarily believe Axl, but because a big part of the lyrics doesn't make sense as being about Slash. SOD is doubtful too, although more likely to be about Slash than Sorry.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Imo the only CD song that is clearly (although maybe not solely) about the old band, the break up and Slash is Madagascar. I don't think Sorry is about Slash, not because I necessarily believe Axl, but because a big part of the lyrics doesn't make sense as being about Slash. SOD is doubtful too, although more likely to be about Slash than Sorry.

Axl actually called the people who believe Sorry is about Slash idiots in a 2009 show. If the guy who wrote the song saying it's not about Slash is not enough proof then what ever will be? I believe him and think it's actually about his love relationships and the line with kick your ass does indeed make a connection to his line from GITR.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

This is Slash during CD, is CD the only song that he let out those badass 10 string mf? Awesome pic tho.

a94a43471486060327_1024.jpg

And bonus pic, Melissa is GNR.

a94a13001486060192_1024.jpg

Even though it's a 10 string guitar, there are actually only 6 strings mounted (I don't know if this is the right word, sorry)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Padme said:

Still it doesn't make any sense to play 3, sometimes 4 CD songs. The casual fans are more familiar with the AFD, Lies and UYI songs. Despite the fact they may not know the all the lyrics by heart

WHAT doesn't make sense is playing

8 AFD songs 

6 FUCKIN COVER SONGS 

4 UYI

1 Lies

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Top-Hatted One said:

WHAT doesn't make sense is playing

8 AFD songs 

6 FUCKIN COVER SONGS 

4 UYI

1 Lies

•  

So you want 10 songs from CD and 5 new songs from the so called CDII? Yeah that makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

Btw they play 2 songs from Lies Patience and UTLH. But both get rotated

2 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

This is Slash during CD, is CD the only song that he let out those badass 10 string mf? Awesome pic tho.

a94a43471486060327_1024.jpg

I think he uses 1 other BC Rich Bich, a red one for the Seeker I think. both the green and red one are strung for 6 string guitar.

Edited by NicDwolfwood

3 hours ago, Padme said:

"The Blues" and Slash's love for the blues and blues based rock? I can see it being about him. Might be why they changed the title to SOD. Lawsuit maybe?

2 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

I think he uses 1 other BC Rich Bich, a red one for the Seeker I think. both the green and red one are strung for 6 string guitar.

The red one he uses on YCBM. He uses a Gibson Firebird on the Seeker. At least that's the way it was, although to be honest I haven't watched any of those songs on the current leg. 

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The red one he uses on YCBM. He uses a Gibson Firebird on the Seeker. At least that's the way it was, although to be honest I haven't watched any of those songs on the current leg. 

Thats a BC Rich Mockingbird on YCBM. The footage I saw of the Tokyo show from the 28 he was using the Red Bich for the Seeker

1 minute ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Thats a BC Rich Mockingbird on YCBM. The footage I saw of the Tokyo show from the 28 he was using the Red Bich for the Seeker

Ah yeah- you're right that is a Mockingbird on YCBM. So is he using the Firebird on anything these days? That's interesting that he uses a Bich on Seeker. Like I said- I haven't seen many videos of this leg. My bad!

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Ah yeah- you're right that is a Mockingbird on YCBM. So is he using the Firebird on anything these days? That's interesting that he uses a Bich on Seeker. Like I said- I haven't seen many videos of this leg. My bad!

No worries, he's alternating between various guitars, aside from the various Les Pauls he has, he's used the 2 BC Rich Bich(red and Green) The firebird, A SG on My Michelle, a couple different Double Necks (Guild/ Gibson)

The Firebird Ive seen used for Cather in the Rye, The Seeker and This I Love. 

Edited by NicDwolfwood

4 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

No worries, he's alternating between various guitars, aside from the various Les Pauls he has, he's used the 2 BC Rich Bich(red and Green) The firebird, A SG on My Michelle, a couple different Double Necks (Guild/ Gibson)

The Firebird Ive seen used for Cather in the Rye, The Seeker and This I Love. 

When did he use the Firebird on TIL?