DUFF MCKAGAN IN GUNS N' ROSES BUENOS AIRES (CONFIRMED BY DUFF)

I think the fans are going to be paying attention to see how Duff fares doing the CD songs. I'm sure he'll hash a lot of it out in rehearsals.

???

Do you play guitar or bass? If you did, then you'd know ChiDem bass lines aren't exactly like trying to learn EVHs "Eruption".

The coolest thing GNR has done the past 3 years is bring back an old member it seems, tells you all you need to know about who/what really matters. When Axl and co. refuse to move forward there is no choice but to go back to caring most about the musicians who actually wrote the hits and albums that made GNR big in the first place...

Anyways I am exited that Duff is doing this, hopefully Axl's voice is less bad for these shows

check out nov rain at anhembi arena

its not that bad at all

I think the fans are going to be paying attention to see how Duff fares doing the CD songs. I'm sure he'll hash a lot of it out in rehearsals.

???

Do you play guitar or bass? If you did, then you'd know ChiDem bass lines aren't exactly like trying to learn EVHs "Eruption".

Yeah they are pretty damn simple...

Duff playing Chinese Democracy.. :D:lol: should be interesting!

It's funny that I don't see anyone complaining about Tommy being replaced momentarily. I thought he had fans. :lol:

Why've you always gotta bring it down to this juvenile level?

Slash will never work with Axl again and I'm happy that Slash wants nothing to do with either Axl or his band.

I bet you said the same about Duff once upon a time...

Would be pretty awesome if they just dropped most of, if not all the CD stuff from the set for these shows... i mean its just as close to the uyi lineup as the cd lineup with duff stepping in for tommy, so why not replace some cd tracks with uyi tracks? It would give the setlist a much needed change and us fans a much needed breath of fresh air

Would be pretty awesome if they just dropped most of, if not all the CD stuff from the set for these shows... i mean its just as close to the uyi lineup as the cd lineup with duff stepping in for tommy, so why not replace some cd tracks with uyi tracks? It would give the setlist a much needed change and us fans a much needed breath of fresh air

lol thats pretty true. its a Slash away from the uyi lineup

And Gilby/Izzy and Sorum...

No thankx, keep CD songs in the set, but just other songs from those currently being played.

Drop the covers and add some UYI material instead!

Gone through a few pages an can't find anything so I'm asking here if someone could clear it up please;

1) Duff is coming back for full shows and multiple ones at that? ...not just a guest spot on a few songs?

2) Duff confirmed this? (full show, more than one show)

3) If the above two are correct, whats happening to Tommy?...or are we having multiple bass guitarists,....or is Tommy off doing Replacements work and thus Duff filling in and helping out in his absence?

Thanks for clearing this up :) (also, maybe an admin could update the OP with the crucial facts - if there are any confirmed?)

And Gilby/Izzy and Sorum...

There are quite a few key components from the CD lineup missing at this point too, i mean, no more finck, bucket, brain, now tommy... not to mention paul and josh... fuck it! I hope the next big surprise is that theyre bringin back tracy n roberta lol

It's funny that I don't see anyone complaining about Tommy being replaced momentarily. I thought he had fans. :lol:

Because we know he's coming back?

Duff being there is a big deal for everyone, doesn't mean we don't care about Tommy.

In fact, Duff replacing his replacement is pretty funny when you think about it (joking).

Anyway, I'm glad we'll get to see full shows with Duff - and Tommy will be back after the Replacement shows.

Gone through a few pages an can't find anything so I'm asking here if someone could clear it up please;

1) Duff is coming back for full shows and multiple ones at that? ...not just a guest spot on a few songs?

3) If the above two are correct, whats happening to Tommy?...or are we having multiple bass guitarists,....or is Tommy off doing Replacements work and thus Duff filling in and helping out in his absence?

Thanks for clearing this up :) (also, maybe an admin could update the OP with the crucial facts - if there are any confirmed?)

Tommy is doing some shows with The Replacements, and Duff is filling in for 4-5 shows to finish the South American tour. As far as we know this is just 4-5 shows and Duff will return to his stuff and Tommy will be back with GNR for Vegas and what not.

Duff confirmed this by posting a hand written setlist on twitter and also naming the places GNR will be playing next with GNR in the tweet.

• Like 1

Because we know he's coming back?

Duff being there is a big deal for everyone, doesn't mean we don't care about Tommy.

In fact, Duff replacing his replacement is pretty funny when you think about it (joking).

Anyway, I'm glad we'll get to see full shows with Duff - and Tommy will be back after the Replacement shows.

I wasn't talking about you but the people going to the shows. Of course you don't care that much because you know it's temporary.

Yeah, in my opinion, the ones attending to the upcoming shows got their money's worth.

Tommy is doing some shows with The Replacements, and Duff is filling in for 4-5 shows to finish the South American tour. As far as we know this is just 4-5 shows and Duff will return to his stuff and Tommy will be back with GNR for Vegas and what not.

Duff confirmed this by posting a hand written setlist on twitter and also naming the places GNR will be playing next with GNR in the tweet.

Awesome thanks!

Wonder if the conspiracy theory types will also perhaps link the comments made the other day in a post that mentioned rumours of Tommy always being super trashed after the shows on the tour so far. That, plus replacements work, plus duff coming in, .....good fuel for fun speculations. :P

Here's another conspiracy theory: Slash has taken the Vegas dvd hostage for a spot in the GNR gigs. Axl said no and to spite him even more, asked Duff to join for the tour instead :lol:

I'm stoked something exciting is happening again and look forward to seeing clips of the show and hearing how it went. Finally hearing Duff again in the SO down, SO down in WTTJ (always miss that!) and seeing the interaction between those two. (Damn, it's difficult not to get my hopes up.)