Dear Fermanager,

44 pages in and not one of you has asked Fernando about Axl's high tech toilet with more controls than the bridge of the Star Trek Enterprise.

Shame on you all.

What?

tumblr_maivs7VdST1r0bm67.jpg

Tell more can you my friend?

Been around along time but guess I really have no clue what you meant!? Was that a joke I missed ? Please tell more

44 pages in and not one of you has asked Fernando about Axl's high tech toilet with more controls than the bridge of the Star Trek Enterprise.

Shame on you all.

What?

Been around along time but guess I really have no clue what you meant!? Was that a joke I missed ? Please tell more

There was a video of someone touring Axl's house posted here a while back. They went into his bathroom and everyone here marvelled at his toilet. Seriously. It is one of those japanese type ones with an armrest covered in buttons. It probably blowdries his arse and displays his tweets.

Shame on you all.

What?

• Like 1

Shame on you all.

What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUY7EPO06YM

Strange watching a foreign film with foriegn subtitles.

Fernando, may i suggest that some day you can pull the strings to release the Holy Grail ( 2001 HOB pro shoot video )?.

I will look for it. Soooo long ago, surely it's here somewhere. Maybe one of you guys can come by and organize our vaults.

Like, DUDE! I'll fly out tomorrow and everything!

But not the 2001 HOB. We have good audio of that and we obviously have Rio 3 from right afterwards.

We have NOTHING from the 29/12/01 and 31/12/01 shows except a few pictures of Axl looking badass. THAT'S the Holy Grail.

Please don't tell me you guys really consider this to be the holy grail of GNR when there is the entire UYI tour in the vault.

• Like 4

When I went to the WWE ARMAGEDDON 2008 pay per view,I had a large GUNS N ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY sign (since Chinese Democracy was the theme song for this pay per view) My sign was taken by WWE security. What happened between GnR and WWE at the time?

Very interesting! WWE are very petty. Wonder if GNR were meant to perform or something...

I don't think a performance was in the cards. Maybe since I was third row on the TV side,they'd have considered my sign to be three free hours of advertising for GnR? From what I can remember,snippets of the song were played during the show but maybe it has since been edited out from the DVD or rebroadcasts of the show. I thought it was strange when they took my sign but hopefully Fernando can shed some light on this matter!

http://web.archive.org/web/20081201111151/http://www.wwe.com/shows/armageddon/

Edited by Subtle Signs

When I went to the WWE ARMAGEDDON 2008 pay per view,I had a large GUNS N ROSES CHINESE DEMOCRACY sign (since Chinese Democracy was the theme song for this pay per view) My sign was taken by WWE security. What happened between GnR and WWE at the time?

Very interesting! WWE are very petty. Wonder if GNR were meant to perform or something...

I don't think a performance was in the cards. Maybe since I was third row on the TV side,they'd have considered my sign to be three free hours of advertising for GnR? From what I can remember,snippets of the song were played during the show but maybe it has since been edited out from the DVD or rebroadcasts of the show. I thought it was strange when they took my sign but hopefully Fernando can shed some light on this matter!

http://web.archive.org/web/20081201111151/http://www.wwe.com/shows/armageddon/

How do you know they weren't just disgruntled fans? There's a quite popular wrestling thread on MyGNR. :P

Fernando, may i suggest that some day you can pull the strings to release the Holy Grail ( 2001 HOB pro shoot video )?.

I will look for it. Soooo long ago, surely it's here somewhere. Maybe one of you guys can come by and organize our vaults.

But not the 2001 HOB. We have good audio of that and we obviously have Rio 3 from right afterwards.

We have NOTHING from the 29/12/01 and 31/12/01 shows except a few pictures of Axl looking badass. THAT'S the Holy Grail.

Please don't tell me you guys really consider this to be the holy grail of GNR when there is the entire UYI tour in the vault.

I get what you're saying but on a personal level I do really want to see/hear those shows. Not just because the Bucket-era band and songs are really important to me personally but because from the few pics we have it looked like Axl brought his A-Game to those two shows.

We're talking about two shows a year after Rio 3 and 6 months before the start of the 2002 tour. At HOB and Rio 3 Axl wasn't in the best shape either cardio or weight-wise and he was on stage for the first time in nearly 7 years. There were technical problems and he was trying to figure out how to sing all the songs clean. He ran through the Madagascar scream and sang the chorus in a whisper. Fascinating to watch the spectacle and all that and I know many people love thoe shows for their significance but they're hardly great on a performance level.

But in December Axl came back looking lean and mean with washboard abs. He looked like the old Axl the same way he did when he came back swinging in 2006. So I think there's a good chance that vocally he was way ahead of Rio and HOB. It's quite possible that the best versions of Madagascar, SOD and Chinese by the Bucket band are at those shows.

And look at the pics below: that is Axl fucking Rose. He doesn't have the same deer-in-headlights look he had at times in Rio and even the 2002 shows. He just looks fucking awesome.

Axl8.jpg

Axl11-1.jpg

tumblr_lh355cexB51qe2osko1_400.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 1

Well this thread has died a death.

Part of me thinks he dropped in hoping it would be wall to wall haterz so that he could say, "See? See? That's why I don't talk to you!"

I think he might have been trying to manufacture just such a situation with the "Noted. lol. Sad." post. Who knows?

Well this thread has died a death.

Part of me thinks he dropped in hoping it would be wall to wall haterz so that he could say, "See? See? That's why I don't talk to you!"

I think he might have been trying to manufacture just such a situation with the "Noted. lol. Sad." post. Who knows?

Can't say the few posts he has made have done a whole lot in convincing anyone that TB care in the least bit about GNR's fanbase.

I get what you're saying but on a personal level I do really want to see/hear those shows. Not just because the Bucket-era band and songs are really important to me personally but because from the few pics we have it looked like Axl brought his A-Game to those two shows.

We're talking about two shows a year after Rio 3 and 6 months before the start of the 2002 tour. At HOB and Rio 3 Axl wasn't in the best shape either cardio or weight-wise and he was on stage for the first time in nearly 7 years. There were technical problems and he was trying to figure out how to sing all the songs clean. He ran through the Madagascar scream and sang the chorus in a whisper. Fascinating to watch the spectacle and all that and I know many people love thoe shows for their significance but they're hardly great on a performance level.

But in December Axl came back looking lean and mean with washboard abs. He looked like the old Axl the same way he did when he came back swinging in 2006. So I think there's a good chance that vocally he was way ahead of Rio and HOB. It's quite possible that the best versions of Madagascar, SOD and Chinese by the Bucket band are at those shows.

And look at the pics below: that is Axl fucking Rose. He doesn't have the same deer-in-headlights look he had at times in Rio and even the 2002 shows. He just looks fucking awesome.

Axl8.jpg

Axl11-1.jpg

tumblr_lh355cexB51qe2osko1_400.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

So basically you prefer two shows of a coverband instead of over 150 shows of the biggest band in the world?

Yeah... got it.

• Like 2

I know my street cred is at an all-time low, and this isn't going to help, but I want that first comeback show as much as I want any of the classic stuff. I remember refreshing mygnr.com over and over again that night and morning, and then they put up a few streaming recordings. I made my poor girlfriend listen to The Blues about a million times. I couldn't believe Axl was hitting the high notes again. I thought he was back for reals.

• Like 1

I know my street cred is at an all-time low, and this isn't going to help, but I want that first comeback show as much as I want any of the classic stuff. I remember refreshing mygnr.com over and over again that night and morning, and then they put up a few streaming recordings. I made my poor girlfriend listen to The Blues about a million times. I couldn't believe Axl was hitting the high notes again. I thought he was back for reals.

lol mygnr.com

Still has RealAudio streams and WinAmp skins.

pWZ-hg.jpg

So basically you prefer two shows of a coverband instead of over 150 shows of the biggest band in the world?

Yeah... got it.

I've already got several terabytes of shows from Illusions and, as I very plainly said, i'm interested especially in the Chinese songs from those two shows. The Chinese line-up playing the Chinese songs isn't a coverband.

And I did make it clear this is my personal preference because that stuff is important to me.

• Like 2

Yeah... got it.

I've already got several terabytes of shows from Illusions and, as I very plainly said, i'm interested especially in the Chinese songs from those two shows. The Chinese line-up playing the Chinese songs isn't a coverband.

And I did make it clear this is my personal preference because that stuff is important to me.

Yeah it's ok. It's what you are interested in. It's just I think 98% of the forum members considers the UYI footages as the holy grail of the band and that's pretty reasonable. So even when those few songs of these two shows are the most important to you, you can't make the holy grail out of it.