Dear Fermanager,

(Fernando), can you please ask Axl not to put that Jackie Chan shit on there? That clip sucks.

I love Jackie Chan, but surely my Jackie Chan is far better than your JC.

I see what you did there.

I have no idea what he did there.

Mercenary and frankly never wanted to be committed or part of GNR.

8 years of dutiful touring and towing the party line with one or two missteps. Sounds like perfect criteria for Axl's enemy list.

Im just assuming he means that he has heard the "final" or newer version of that song which is better than the clip we have all heard. Or I'm full of shit. Who knows.

(Fernando), can you please ask Axl not to put that Jackie Chan shit on there? That clip sucks.

Im just assuming he means that he has heard the "final" or newer version of that song which is better than the clip we have all heard. Or I'm full of shit. Who knows.

OK. I figured that too. The way I read your post, I thought there was some sly reference I missed or something.

Here's hoping Fernando is currently doing everything in his power to foster an album release, followed by a tour, and scheduling auditions for an ass-kicking line up. Support, encourage, and inspire that guy we want to see on stage!

Who knows though..

Thats the big hope - anything at all would be awesome. Fuck at this point having supported / followed Axl's career for nearly 30 years I would take an album of Axl whistling Neil Diamond covers!

Give us something Fernando, please...!!!!

:-)

Fernando, on 07 Aug 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:snapback.png

Where is the question relating to this? Can this seriously be pointed at Bumble (assumption)?

Motivated for personal gain!? ha! Unless he lied through his teeth all through his years with the band. Bumble made it very clear that he just wanted to record and make music, and that he would've loved to have done it with the band. I think rationalising his departure as "he used GnR to catapult his solo career" is a little convenient, and dodges some of the real truths (at least the one's made public).

I think if GnR really believed Bumble was only in it for himself, his contracts with the band would have ended much sooner, and not because he quit but because they weren't renewed. He definitely got a lot of exposure from his time in the band, but that comes with the territory when you join a huge act (EVERY member of the band is in it for personal gain).

If Bumble just wanted to get fame from GnR, he could go and do press and tell all. Wouldn't hurt him, because GnR are not liked in the press. He doesn't do that, and I doubt he ever will to any major degree unless he's provoked.

Serious question, not a jab, how is it that other bands can record and RELEASE music so easily except GnR? Is it a songwriter credit thing, are the songs not "finished?"

A big part is Axl not being finished with the songs. Also the label wanting to maximise profits. If the two dont sync then it gets fucked. Its deadly pincher movement. I would say its mostly Axl.

But the label will reject a 2010 release date, so that gives Axl time to re-think in that time Ron quits which then means a 2016 release is in doubt because they cant tour. So Dj quits. So then label more uncertain about a release.

So Axl and the high expectations of label create the perfect cluster fuck domino effect.

Axl cares the same about the music as Bono or Bon jovi but emotionally he seems to get fucked up and throw in towel or fire someone. Which delays things.

Or hes chilling on a beach waiting 2020 to happen.

But the temperamental i dont give fuck and going home weve all seen has its effects. Dj quits, well fuck this. It probably takes everyone to bring him round. Takes time.

Maybe they convincing the label its go time too. The label will be saying how can you promote this if you have no band?

8 years of dutiful touring and towing the party line with one or two missteps. Sounds like perfect criteria for Axl's enemy list.

Who's the mercenary? I missed some posts.

Where is the question relating to this? Can this seriously be pointed at Bumble (assumption)?

Motivated for personal gain!? ha! Unless he lied through his teeth all through his years with the band. Bumble made it very clear that he just wanted to record and make music, and that he would've loved to have done it with the band. I think rationalising his departure as "he used GnR to catapult his solo career" is a little convenient, and dodges some of the real truths (at least the one's made public).

I think if GnR really believed Bumble was only in it for himself, his contracts with the band would have ended much sooner, and not because he quit but because they weren't renewed. He definitely got a lot of exposure from his time in the band, but that comes with the territory when you join a huge act (EVERY member of the band is in it for personal gain).

If Bumble just wanted to get fame from GnR, he could go and do press and tell all. Wouldn't hurt him, because GnR are not liked in the press. He doesn't do that, and I doubt he ever will to any major degree unless he's provoked.

I've gone through the history of this thread and cannot find the original quote. Perhaps either Mags or Fernando can clarify this matter. As it stands now, it seems as though this quote shouldn't be attributed to Fernando.

Fernando, may i suggest that some day you can pull the strings to release the Holy Grail ( 2001 HOB pro shoot video )?.

I will look for it. Soooo long ago, surely it's here somewhere. Maybe one of you guys can come by and organize our vaults.

Move over guys, this is a job for a princess!

• Like 4

(Fernando), Reunion starts now? or in 2 months ;-)

Aside from that old stuff how are the new guys doing?

On another note.. i am really annoyed that Bumblefoot pedals himself as "GNR lead guitarist" or plays SCOM and stuff like it's his song.. Mercenary and frankly never wanted to be committed or part of GNR. I remember. I was on his forum when he joined. Funny how money can change attitudes right? I really hope we get the right people involved going forward. I trust Axl to know who they are. Peace.

Who's the mercenary? I missed some posts.

I've gone through the history of this thread and cannot find the original quote. Perhaps either Mags or Fernando can clarify this matter. As it stands now, it seems as though this quote shouldn't be attributed to Fernando.

As far as I can tell the quote was from Route 66's post.

• Like 1

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for dropping by and answering some questions, a little bit of positivity goes a long way here!!

1. Is a new album finished?

2. When was the last time anyone was in contact with Buckethead/Finck?

3. Has Axl changed his look? Working out/getting in shape? Braids? Beard?

4. What is by your opinion the best unreleased song, and can you give a brief description of why?

Thanks dude \m/ \m/

Edited by Axlashba
  • Like 1

Fernando,

Over the last 15 years we've seen some great live performances of gnr songs. 2006 and 2010 always stand out. Would you guys, or have you guys entertained the possibility of a gnr live era 2001-2014 edition? For many of us the CD songs had some great moments in live shows. I would love to see that portrayed in an album. Would this be something you guys might consider down the line?

Thanks and I apologize to everyone if this has been asked already.

• Like 1

I must have fucked up when I deleted the rest of the quote with the mercenary thing. alfie is correct. It's from Route 66. It's about BBF. Fernando DID NOT say it. #mybad

(magisme) paid off by Team Brazil to do damage control confirmed.

No one is safe.

All hope is lost.

Body-Snatchers.jpg?eb02af

/s

I must have fucked up when I deleted the rest of the quote with the mercenary thing. alfie is correct. It's from Route 66. It's about BBF. Fernando DID NOT say it. #mybad

(magisme) paid off by Team Brazil to do damage control confirmed.

No one is safe.

All hope is lost.

/s

I'm just demonstrating for him that you can own up to your fuck ups and the world doesn't end. Now it's his turn. :lol:

• Like 4

Fernando, may i suggest that some day you can pull the strings to release the Holy Grail ( 2001 HOB pro shoot video )?.

I will look for it. Soooo long ago, surely it's here somewhere. Maybe one of you guys can come by and organize our vaults.

I would organize the vault for free. Not joking.

• Like 1