Dear Fermanager,

What won't be tolerated is inappropriate and overtly hurtful language directed at anyone or by anyone, whether you're a fellow fan, a member of GNR management, of Axl Rose himself.

So does that mean if Axl swings by and calls someone a "fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant, lesbian cunt" again he will be banned from MyGNR?

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

What won't be tolerated is inappropriate and overtly hurtful language directed at anyone or by anyone, whether you're a fellow fan, a member of GNR management, of Axl Rose himself.

So does that mean if Axl swings by and calls someone a "fucking ignorant, know it all, fucking deluded, misguided, self important, self righteous, pious, small minded, clueless, loud mouthed, arrogant, lesbian cunt" again he will be banned from MyGNR?

No, but his post will be removed and he'll be asked to follow the rules with respect to personal conduct.. Nobody is banned because they break the rules once.

No, but his post will be removed and he'll be asked to follow the rules with respect to personal conduct.. Nobody is banned because they break the rules once.

lol

I would love it if Axl got banned from MyGNR. :(

The only REAL way to stop the "Train of hatred" is releasing new music. It's all about new music.

A football fan wants to see goals, championships....
A literature fan want new books to read
A music fan wants new music.
I know, maybe it's easy to say but harder to do, but... We really don't understand why takes so long to release new material in GNR world.

Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast

• Like 4

How many times can he get away with it then? :lol:

Try that with Axl and see how far that gets you.... Meanwhile we'll all sit back with popcorn and watch.
  • Like 1

I know, maybe it's easy to say but harder to do, but... We really don't understand why takes so long to release new material in GNR world.

I think that's really it and I think that's a big reason Axl gets shit for CD taking so long. People still really don't know why it took so long (though it was probably a combination of his perfectionism, band members leaving, lawsuits by old members & managers, record company issues relating to promotion, Axl never working in the daytime, etc.).

Similar deal for now. No one's too sure what the hold up is if there are albums-worth of material ready to go.

Try that with Axl and see how far that gets you.... Meanwhile we'll all sit back with popcorn and watch.

Maybe being banned from his own "fan club" is what is needed to fuel him into some more passion and angry song writing. I look forward to an album about downzy. I suppose Bob Guccione Jr will be pleased that the heat is finally on someone else.

• Like 2

''Train of Hate''. Didn't your boss cover a Charles Manson song? Didn't he throw forward pejorative slurs against black people, homosexuals and immigrants in a particularly obnoxious acoustic ditty? I think you need to take a good look at the meaning of 'hate' as a bunch of net nerds wanting an album does not even begin to cover the amount of hatred represented there (and that is not even mention his track record around women).

• Like 3

How many times can he get away with it then? :lol:

Five warning points, same as everyone else.

Guys, I wouldn't worry too much about Axl being banned from this forum. He'd have to show up first and that's tall order right there.

But it should be said that we allow people to give just as good as they so long as it doesn't go over the line. Responses should be proportional. I'd like to think we'd take care of insulting or abusive posts directed towards Axl in a conversation before he had a chance to see or respond, but if you're going to dish it out you should be ready to receive it as well.

• Like 2

In all fairness, we're talking to management of Axl Rose. The past has learnt that while you possibly can manage things for him, there is simply no way to manage him. His will shall be done.

So don't direct your frustration about Axl towards Fernando. I believe he means well, but ultimately it's all up to Axl.

• Like 1

as much as i want information or more insightful posts from Fernando, i can fully understand that being a dad soon is much more important to him than a GNR forum

If he doesn't come back until winter or something like that, that's fully understandable in these circumstances

No band, forum etc. should be more important than your own family and you gotta respect this

The way some of you DEMAND to post an update about his own personal life is hilariously sad and the mere fact that he stated in the beggining to not answer straight questions about new music should be more than clear for anybody who read the first few pages of this thread....

Some of you people really living on the internet 24/7 for Christ's sake

(and no, i'm not trying to be licking his ass, just being objective a little bit)

• Like 2

Hi Fernando,

First of all, congratulations on becoming a father soon. Secondly, thank you for answering my question. I am glad to know that Axl is doing well.

As you have noticed, we are a passionate bunch on here. Though obviously we have plenty of other things going on in our lives, we do care about the band. So, do you have any advice for us fans (other than wait and see)? How can we improve on our relationship with the band, get more of a dialogue going, perhaps? Because, as you said yourself, communication is a bit of an issue. Possibly this is the case on both sides - a long wait for news can lead to frustration, which means that when the door is open even ever so slightly, things can get tense, and that, in turn, can lead to a firmly shut door once more. Knowing what you know, yet placing yourself in our shoes, what would you do?

Edited by Kittiara
  • Like 1

The only REAL way to stop the "Train of hatred" is releasing new music. It's all about new music.

A football fan wants to see goals, championships...

and any cities fans that are passionate about their team will booo their own team off the field if they perform poorly. theres a point in time where you stop giving the A for effort

• Like 1

The fact that mods feel the need to spend all their time patrolling this thread is absolutely fascinating. You're basically saying "here's a guy everyone hates - please be nice to him".

Jarmo sold out his board's userbase to garner favor with the band. I hope this isn't the start of MyGNR doing the same thing.

• Like 1

The fact that mods feel the need to spend all their time patrolling this thread is absolutely fascinating. You're basically saying "here's a guy everyone hates - please be nice to him".

Jarmo sold out his board's userbase to garner favor with the band. I hope this isn't the start of MyGNR doing the same thing.

We spend a little more time with this thread to keep things on point and in line with the rules. We have reiterated and underscored the point that criticism and disagreements of and with the band and its management are more than allowed, but personal insults and hostile language will not be permitted.

It was nice of Fernando to check in at a time band members have left and no one's sure what's going on, even though there's no band updates except the side & solo projects.

There's always pro shot concert footage in the vaults from over the years they can post just to have something "new" out there.

A football fan wants to see goals, championships....
A literature fan want new books to read
A music fan wants new music.

Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast

A-fucking-men.

I'm sorry that I even know who Fernando is (nothing personal meant by that)...

• Like 3