The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

I'm assuming the announcement will be done in LA. So Friday 4th at 8am UK is LA Friday 4th at 12am. Announcement if anything is going to be Thursday, not Friday I'd expect.

This is a good point and a good question.. So this announcement would absolutely be 8 Am Uk time? Or is it 8 Am U.S. Time? Because we could very well know tomorrow night..

I can't imagine the UK getting priority for this sort of announcement. Reading would just announce on the back of the UK waking up to the news if anything. The Reading announcement is 8am UK time.

Obviously it's all hypothetical, but if 4pm - 9pm (can't see any band ever announcing such a big deal later than this) then that makes it between 12am and 5am UK time. So, like I say, Reading/Leeds just announce GnR off the back of the UK waking up to the news of the reunion. I don't remember a Reading announcement (especially headliner) happening any later than 8pm in the evening, UK time. And I certainly don't remember them announcing at 8am UK time.

I agree that the timing of this alleged announcement is strange, but if this is in fact the classic lineup of GNR reuniting, this wouldn't be your ordinary Festival announcement. I'm thinking they feel for whatever reason they just can't sit on it any longer. But we'll see..

I'm not against that. It's possible Slash does a guest spot.

But normally Slash played Ron's stuff too. So if Ron is there Slash is just in the Dj role. Ron will be doing Estranged etc or just CD matetial?

It's just a new scenario. I kind of see how Slash and Fortus might work.

Slash will play the Slash role: to bring Safari Inn into Guns again. And sleazy as shit riffs, epic solos, old school edge and the vintage Slash sound. Metalic hard rock with groove, melody, taste, tone, and big full sound.

I can see Fortus in my head like a kid in a candy store. I think he's dying to play with Slash, and Slash asked him to join his band. Back to basics Appetite sound with Angel Down vocals is possible in theory. 4tus loves his cock rock. Axl makes it not cock rock. I'd like to hear that after CD ll is released with Down By The Ocean, guitar solo by Slash, Duff brings the bass.

But if Ron is still in, and Fortus, it's basically new Guns with Slash replacing Dj. So I was trying to work out what Ron would do if that happened. I guess it won't so abort mission.

We've somehow convinced ourselves that an announcement is coming on Friday?

Somehow convinced ourselves? Lol we don't know for sure, but this seems to be a legit source: http://m.bristolpost.co.uk/Bookies-backing-Muse-Radiohead-join-Guns-N-Roses/story-28285386-detail/story.html

And if this is true, there is a good chance we could know Friday. It may not happen for sure but as you can see it's not like a date was made up out of thin air if that's what you're getting at..

Anyone that does know isn't talking and with good reason. There are hundreds of millions of dollars on the line. Better to wait for all of the paperwork to be finalized. Of course we will have new fake insiders signing up here now but let's say someone knew what was going on through a secondary source(Live Nation,a crew member who works for Slash or Duff) well they aren't going to risk their job by blabbing the news on a public forum. Many of us have waited over 20 years for this news. A few more weeks or even months isn't so long. It's foolish to think something isn't in the works but since this is GN'R,things could probably fall apart at any time. I am 99% convinced Duff is back and about 95% on Slash. While some on here will bitch it still isn't GnR,the hype alone will power ticket sales and then it's up to the guys to deliver. When it's announced I'd be curious to know if Izzy was asked to do it as well as Sorum/Adler's take on it. If they all do guest spots that would be awesome or ,even better a full show together for the 30th anniversary of Appetite next year.

Isn't Slash just filling in for Bumblefoot who was filling in for Buckethead who was filling in for whatever-was-his-name?

Yes but if Ron, Slash and Fortus are the hybrid then it's more complicated. I guess it stays the same but Slash takes on the Dj role.

This is what we believe even more since nothing happened last weekend. When nothing happen on Friday a few days later someone will pop up with a new date for us to look forward - to be disapointed.

No worries.

Edited by ManetsBR
  • Like 2

Yes, this is getting old. Hopefully Friday will force their hand

Nobody is ever going to force Axl's hand. That is truth.
True, but if they announce GNR and Axl doesn't clarify the band that would be odd, would it not?
That would be odd. I can't see it being announced though without clarification from someone though, whether it's just promoters or not as to who is in the band, whether than be from team Brazil, slash, duff, etc. if GNR is announced someone will realistically have to clarify who will be in the band, I just think it would get too messy and out of control and actually be more difficult for axl slash and company to do anything without clarifying their status, whether they're hiding or speaking or not.

One thing I would bet on though is, if Steven Adler is in fact involved (when was the last time anyone talked to him anyways?) there's no way he's keeping a lid on things and not talking about it after Friday. I'd hypothetically guess that if he is now he's jumping up and down somewhere dying to tell someone

Whatever the future holds with GNR. I seriously doubt that Steven Adler will be involved.

This is what we believe even more since nothing happened last weekend. When nothing happen on Friday a few days later someone will pop up with a new date for us to look forward - to be disapointed.

No worries.

If all the lineups is confirmed and no GNR then we are going to wait for the next festival. and then we will realize that probably nothing will be happening in 2016.

• Like 1

Just think, in less than 48 hours we'll all be talking about the 2016 GNR world tour and the new song they played at the press conference after Axl and Slash hugged.

they should cover White Stripes "We are going to be friends" or even better, Friends will be friends.

Indeed. More covers from the reunited Gn'R is what most Guns fans crave. Perhaps a cindy lauper number. It's one of the greatest fun songs ever written.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I'm rather bored with the whole thing to be honest. There is nothing really much to say on the subject until either Axl, Slash or Duff speak up. We already have line-ups with setlists for dates for the thing and it could just be a load of bollocks as it all merely emanates from Slash saying he was chums with ginger again in one interview haha!

Don't forget brandy Glanville said it was happening. That sealed the deal for me.