Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

Was it Billboard or Rolling Stone who announced the tour first. Seems like they weren't that uninformed back then when they talked about a 25 stadium tour.

Now we'll see if it's a successful reunion. It's somehow hard to imagine that they will sell out as many stadiums in North America, but I hope they do.

And then take it further guys and tour the rest of the world. Especially Europe.

Billboard reported the rumor first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

It's not technically New York, no, but whenever bands go on tour and play at MetLife, they consider that to be New York. I thought Eminem and Rihanna there and they addressed it as New York and New Jersey.

Exactly.  Anything considered the NY Metro area will be considered NY.  And MetLife is in the NY Metro area. 

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Exactly.  Anything considered the NY Metro area will be considered NY.  And MetLife is in the NY Metro area. 

The only reason I brought up the baseball stadium was because I wasn't sure how clear it had been stated that it'll be football stadiums only.

Billboard said football, and they've been pretty much spot on about everything else so I guess it's quite certain it'll be MetLife.

• Like 1

I was concerned there wouldn't be a Philly date because he hasn't been able to book one of the core venues where Comcast has pull since the '02 riot. But Philly and St. Louis are on the list! Pretty friggin' awesome. Can't wait.

2 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Mr. Sparkle- This tour will be marketed on a professional scale and large stadiums will sell well once everything is set in motion over the next couple weeks.  Remember when I told you that there is a professional management team overseeing this tour?  As much as you want to give them credit, Axl's people are not running the show anymore.  The marketing efforts that are being put into this will crank out more tickets than many of you think.  

That's the best news i've heard all day.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Just now, Eddie Money said:

Mr. Sparkle- This tour will be marketed on a professional scale and large stadiums will sell well once everything is set in motion over the next couple weeks.  Remember when I told you that there is a professional management team overseeing this tour?  As much as you want to give them credit, Axl's people are not running the show anymore.  The marketing efforts that are being put into this will crank out more tickets than many of you think.  

We're sorry Eddie Money. We're just used to the inmates running the asylum :lol:

I was excited as hell when all the talk first started, then the excitement kind of wore off over the past couple of weeks. But now it's back on. Pretty pumped. Ready for some dates. Gonna be a good summer.

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

Is that the official word?

It t's based on the article. MetLife is bigger than Citi and Yankee Stadium. Also being a lifelong resident of North NJ, I'm accustomed to the media and others refer to this area as New York. 

Edited by Draguns