Troubadour Show - 1st April 2016 - Review Thread

As someone with no interest Chinese Democracy, I gotta say I really wanna hear Slash and Duff playing those two songs. That'd be my footage holy grail.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

oooooh if they play Coma I'll be so happy!

If they went through the trouble of learning the whole thing again (since they rehearsed) I'd say youre in luck thats almost a 99% guarantee they will put that one out sometime. Also makes me have faith in more deep cuts like Breakdown or Locomotive, Axl seems really confident now too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If they went through the trouble of learning the whole thing again (since they rehearsed) I'd say youre in luck thats almost a 99% guarantee they will put that one out sometime. Also makes me have faith in more deep cuts like Breakdown or Locomotive, Axl seems really confident now too

Sweet jumped up Christ! The thought alone of those getting rehearsed and possibly played is intoxicating. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I would go ape shit if they played Locomotive!! That's by far my favorite song on UYI II

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Makes sense.

I say we'll definitely hear Coma soon.  Greatest time to be a Gn'R fan.  The fanboy in me has awaken.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

I really appreciate the review. I hope this regrouping last a while. At least until the show I bought tickets for! haha

yeah I hope they can hold it together past Friday night! haha! kidding ( kinda :P ) I hope the whole tour goes well for the fans as well as for Axl and company. after Vegas I will decide if I want to go to SF, I learned from this experience that I don't have to buy tickets the first second they go on sale plus after buying expensive for Vegas i'd opt for something cheaper if I do choose to go again. just so *bleeping* excited for Friday :headbang:

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw the song list and it had Double Talkin Jive. OMG! I really hope GNR continue to play that song for the stadium tour. I would love to hear many more songs from the UYI cds.

I think everyone around here just wants to hear stuff we haven't heard in the last 10 years. I've never been the biggest fan of DTJ, but it's refreshing to hear. I'd like to hear the hits and just ANY deep cuts.

16 hours ago, Ant said:

I feel like Locomotive isn't too vocally demanding, either. I really wanna see it!

Locomotive is my second fav GNR song, but that would kill him.... he even struggled with it back in 91. Song is very long with long raspy verses and tons of "fast tempo" lyrics

That being said, if they pull that out on a decent form, then i will die happily

The setlist was perfect for a club show. Out'ta get me should have been played  instead of The Seeker:lol:

Edited by Strange Broue

On 03/04/2016 at 6:13 AM, ChineseIRS said:

-before the slide solo in Rocket Queen Slash did an extended talkbox solo, when he finished it Axl had a huge smile on his face and looked at us and said "you missed that, didnt you?"

ahhhhhh gave me the biggest grin reading this!

• Like 1

Just watch a 2 minute video of WTTJ - I think Slash is awesome and with duff backing it sounds so much more like authentic gnr. Axl looks rejuvenated and sang better than I've heard in a long time, maybe a smaller stage and less moving helped. Anyway cant wait to see them! 

• Like 1