Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

I wish Guns N Roses would do what the Cure does for the Concert Posters and put a hologram on the back, I have no idea how anyone is supposed to trust a GNR poster on Ebay when it seems with some good technology they could be easily replicated

cure poster.jpg

cure2.jpg

Edited by k12
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/16/2023 at 12:05 AM, We love Axl Rose said:

Notes: Lucky Luke is a beloved comic and cartoon character in Europe created by Belgian cartoonist Morris. The crosses in the background are a reference to the cross iconography used at various Graspop Metal Meeting events. Slash's tattoo also makes a return.

Artist: Anderson Green Devil

2023-06-15-Dessel.jpgGraspop.jpg
Luke.jpgSlash.jpg

This artwork is pretty cool. Does the original artist get compensated though? 

Notes: The Kraken is a famous mythical sea creature that features frequently in Danish folklore. The tattoos, apart from being a common sight in sailor culture, is a reference to Danish King Frederik IX who himself was known for being well-inked. The extensive hatching is an homage to the engraving style common with vintage naval maps.

Artist: Luiz Berger

2023-06-17-Copenhagen.jpgKraken.jpg
Frederik.jpgMap.jpg

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Notes: The Kraken is a famous mythical sea creature that features frequently in Danish folklore. The tattoos, apart from being a common sight in sailor culture, is a reference to Danish King Frederik IX who himself was known for being well-inked. The extensive hatching is an homage to the engraving style common with vintage naval maps.

Artist: Luiz Berger

2023-06-17-Copenhagen.jpgKraken.jpg
Frederik.jpgMap.jpg

I for one, love that there is much meaning to these art pieces. Thank you for the facts n full story @We love Axl Rose :headbang:

On 6/12/2023 at 5:09 AM, k12 said:

I wish Guns N Roses would do what the Cure does for the Concert Posters and put a hologram on the back, I have no idea how anyone is supposed to trust a GNR poster on Ebay when it seems with some good technology they could be easily replicated

cure poster.jpg

cure2.jpg

These guys are still living in 2016, I'm still waiting for the day they reproduce lithos for their store without numbering. Then touting would go way down if a number was the only difference between a show litho and one from online. 

Edit: If there's a specific one you've seen on ebay, you could try asking @amaninjapan. He has a very extensive collection and could instantly find potential discrepancies much better than many others. 

Edited by Drunk_on_Drugs

Notes: Norse folklore and historical prose has Oslo being founded by King Harald III (Harald Hardrada) in the 11th century, though modern historical evidenceseems to suggest this to be dubious. Nevertheless, King Harald III is considered to be "the last Viking king" and it is generally considered that his death in 1066 marked the end of the Viking age.

Artist: Arian Buhler

2023-06-21-Oslo.jpg     Harald.jpg%C2%A0

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Wow 1

On 6/20/2023 at 12:38 AM, JasmineSwe said:

I got it! Went to the official merch stand after the show and they still had it. 

I loved reading that you did !  It is a beauty that's for sure ^_^

1 minute ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Notes: Norse folklore and historical prose has Oslo being founded by King Harald III (Harald Hardrada) in the 11th century, though modern historical evidenceseems to suggest this to be dubious. Nevertheless, King Harald III is considered to be "the last Viking king" and it is generally considered that his death in 1066 marked the end of the Viking age.

2023-06-21-Oslo.jpg     

Think this is  fire. oh , gosh ....now i have seen this!  ..😂....Yep. I love Oslo's. It over takes the previous for me. Thank You for posting (& the facts ) @We love Axl Rose

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Notes: Design highlights the iconic Glastonbury pyramid as well as Glastonbury Tor in the background.  Scattered amongst the crowd are multiple easter eggs, such as Axl, Duff and Slash from different iconic eras.

2023-06-24-Glastonbury.jpgPyramid.jpg

There's so much easter eggs here, anyone got a better resolution image?

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, DuffBrazil said:

Like this couple getting laid, top right corner lol

axl wearing the yellow Jesus T-shirt is a nice touch too

Edited by freak6767
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DuffBrazil said:

There are supposed to be two of each band member. I can find both the Slash and Duffs, but only the Kill your Idols tee Axl. 

5 hours ago, Oxford said:

There are supposed to be two of each band member. I can find both the Slash and Duffs, but only the Kill your Idols tee Axl. 

I can’t find the second Axl.. could it potentially be the couple “gettin’ it on” in the top right is actually Axl and someone? Or is Axl dressed as Bigfoot? 😂

2 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

I can’t find the second Axl.. could it potentially be the couple “gettin’ it on” in the top right is actually Axl and someone? Or is Axl dressed as Bigfoot? 😂

There are a few shaggers.  Not sure any of them are Axl.  There should be another vintage Axl in there somewhere.  You may be right though, maybe one of the shagging couples is Axl and Adriana 🤣

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

There are a few shaggers.  Not sure any of them are Axl.  There should be another vintage Axl in there somewhere.  You may be right though, maybe one of the shagging couples is Axl and Adriana 🤣

Potential second Axl on the left side and is it just me or is that a third Slash on the right side?? 😂

IMG_0381.thumb.jpeg.1726f98ee8689d19a2225450ceb62785.jpeg

9 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

Potential second Axl on the left side and is it just me or is that a third Slash on the right side?? 😂

IMG_0381.thumb.jpeg.1726f98ee8689d19a2225450ceb62785.jpeg

Looks like it. Maybe there are more of the buggers than I thought then. 

99C00A4C-D623-473C-BA98-DB0CBBFE0696.jpeg

• Like 1

Notes: The wulver is a mythic humanoid cave-dwelling creature with the head of a wolf found in the folklore of several Scottish regions. Although descriptions vary dramatically from place to place, the wulver is commonly described as being solitary and somewhat approachable and benign, sometimes seen fishing by river banks. Some stories even describe wulvers as helping lost travellers find their way and even leaving fish on the window sills of poor or starving families.

The lithograph also features Glasgow's Tolbooth Steeple, the last remaining section of Glasgow Tolbooth, a municipal building almost completely demolished in 1921. The steeple is almost 400 years old and is now a Category A listed building.

Artist: Luiz Berger

2023-06-27-Glasgow.jpg
Wulver.jpgTolbooth.jpg

• Like 1