Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

*From lithorati.com

Notes: The lithograph features the traditional 'bembel' - an earthenware jug synonymous with apfelwein ('apple wine', commonly referred to as cider) as well as Hessian culture and cuisine in general.

The composition is a reference to the design of the Misfits single 'Die Die My Darling', which in turn is a homage to the cover of issue #19 of 'Chamber of Chills' from 1953.

The lithograph features a glow in the dark effect.

Artist: Anderson Green Devil

2023-07-03-Frankfurt.jpg
Chamber.jpgMisfits.jpgBembel.jpg

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Notes: The lithograph features the traditional 'bembel' - an earthenware jug synonymous with apfelwein ('apple wine', commonly referred to as cider) as well as Hessian culture and cuisine in general.

The composition is a reference to the design of the Misfits single 'Die Die My Darling', which in turn is a homage to the cover of issue #19 of 'Chamber of Chills' from 1953.

2023-07-03-Frankfurt.jpg

I find this interesting, thanks for this. But why pay homage to the Misfits, are they from there? And silly question, is that the song Metallica covered? If so, were the misfits big/influencial, in general? Sorry to take convo off course,but loved the info. 

• Like 1

2023-07-03-Frankfurt.jpg

I don't mind you reposting the info here, but would appreciate if you would at least link back to my website when you do :thumbsup:

http://lithorati.com/2020tour/2023-07-03 Frankfurt.html

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

I find this interesting, thanks for this. But why pay homage to the Misfits, are they from there? And silly question, is that the song Metallica covered? If so, were the misfits big/influencial, in general? Sorry to take convo off course,but loved the info. 

The reference is really the apfelwein (cider) and the bembel jug, both of which the state of Hesse is famous for. I think the Chamber of Chills/Misfits reference was chosen simply because it was a cool punk-throwback method of incorporating the cider into the design.

d9Rp6Fs.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, amaninjapan said:

I don't mind you reposting the info here, but would appreciate if you would at least link back to my website when you do :thumbsup:

http://lithorati.com/2020tour/2023-07-03 Frankfurt.html

Of course, I assumed that the forum members know that all this info is from lithorati.com. I will specify in the future that this is taken from lithorati.com, no problem.

Also, you are doing a great job with lithorati.com, thank you very much. :)

• Like 3

From lithorati.com (http://www.lithorati.com/2020tour/2023-07-05 Bern.html):

Notes: The design is a reference to the seal and coat of arms of the city and canton of Bern. The bear is not only a traditional emblem of the city and canton but also its namesake according to legend. The bear has been the heraldic animal, symbol and mascot of the city and canton for over eight centuries.

Artist: Tim Butler

2023-07-05-Bern.jpg Coat.jpg

• Like 1

From lithorati.com:

Notes: The design is a reference to the seal and coat of arms of the city and canton of Bern. The bear is not only a traditional emblem of the city and canton but also its namesake according to legend. The bear has been the heraldic animal, symbol and mascot of the city and canton for over eight centuries.

Artist: Tim Butler

2023-07-05-Bern.jpg Coat.jpg

http://www.lithorati.com/2020tour/2023-07-05 Bern.html

https://lithorati.com/2020tour/2023-07-08 Rome.html

Notes: The design is a direct reference to both Rome's Colosseum and the 2000 film "Gladiator", which had numerous films set in the famous Roman amphitheatre.

The lithograph comes with its own sleeve depicting the external walls of the Colosseum, allowing the design to be seen through the arches.

Artist: Pat Halloran

2023-07-08-Rome.jpgGladiator.jpg  Sleeve.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, We love Axl Rose said:

https://lithorati.com/2020tour/2023-07-08 Rome.html

Notes: The design is a direct reference to both Rome's Colosseum and the 2000 film "Gladiator", which had numerous films set in the famous Roman amphitheatre.

The lithograph comes with its own sleeve depicting the external walls of the Colosseum, allowing the design to be seen through the arches.

Artist: Pat Halloran

2023-07-08-Rome.jpgGladiator.jpg  Sleeve.jpg

Thats fire. We thought about trying to make this show for my birthday, but it wasn't in the cards. 

It’s cool that it comes in a protective slip.  But how the hell are people going to roll it up to stick in tubes 🤣.  That’s gonna be a pain in the arse to be walking about all day with.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

The sleeve on this is a super cool idea and looks mint but the massive ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED absolutely kills this design imo. It's so obnoxious :max:

I like it, the extra reference to gladiator. Could've done without f'n though.

• ABSUЯD 1

11 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Just a few questions.

1. What are the prices for Europe in this tour?

2. How many pieces are available each time?

3. What's the best time to get one? What time does the merh open?

1. They were £40 in the UK 

2. 150

3. As soon as you get in, or early as possible if there’s a merch stand outside the arena. It varies from venue to venue as far as I can tell. They go within seconds/ minutes. 

Edited by Oxford
  • Thanks 1

https://lithorati.com/2020tour/2023-07-11 Weert.html
Notes: The 'bokkenrijders' (translated as 'Buckriders' or 'goatriders') are ghosts from Belgian and Dutch folklore who would ride through the sky on flying goats, striking fear into the hearts of locals. The myth and name would in turn be embraced by real life gangs of thieves and raiders of the Limburg region during the 1700s, capitalizing on the fear of such occult images.

The design pays homage to an early 20th century poster for a production of Frederik van Eeden's play entitled "De Bokkenrijder of het Skelet" (The Goatrider or the Skeleton).

Artist: Luiz Berger

2023-07-11-Weert.jpg   Bokkenrijder.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know about you guys, but personally apart from the Glastonbury litho (the cameos were fun to search ) I am absolutely underwhelmed by all the lithos so far in 2023. Maybe it’s just not my style, but they are all very similar in term of artistic direction. 
Going to Paris on Thursday and I’m not holding my breath for a great design LOL