11/15/16 - Rio De Janeiro, BR - Estadio Nilton Santos-Engenhao

alfierose

Saw some videos of the show, band and Axl sounded great! I disagree with those who say his voice on Yesterday's is weak, it's clean but has power. His voice was even a little more powerful on YCBM this time. OTGM Back, and Yesterday's? Sounds like an amazing fucking show, might be the best of this leg so far.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Probably weakest Yesterday's EVER?!

Hmm, well the quality of that clip IS pretty craptacular. 

Im of the opinion that Slash and Duff are onstage performing it alongside Axl which automatically puts it ahead of ANYTHING pre big 3 reunion. 

But that's just me..

Dont take it seriously. Didn't it came from the same user who claimed that GNR would reveal some new material in Santiago?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Very weak vocals.

I'm truly againts the "you can't judge on youtube" argument, but that Yesterdays video is a particularly shitty recording. It does sound like he is mickeying the shit out of the song, but in that specific case I'd like to see a better quality recording.

• Like 1

I actually agree with people saying its weak, he sounds very airy and only just getting the notes at times. I'll always defend Axl for his vocals and actually I don't think they've been too bad at all in 2016 thus far, but that IMO doesn't sound great at all.

1.00 min in sounds neat mind you.

Ps, I have no issues with it being clean vocals either, this isn't about rasp or clean, it just sounds like it lacks any omph behind it for the most part!

5 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Yes I can. It's probably the weakest Yesterdays ever.

i disagree, and i'm usually a fan of raspy axl. he sings way more like chinese democracy than UYI in this, but its not "the weakest yesterdays" ever.. i'd rather this kind of singing on this sort of song rather than motorboatthroat axl in 1991.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

Just listened to Paradise City and it sounds like they've slowed it down a notch finally. Just that small difference does his voice wonders on a song like that - though clean, yet still with the power required

Where?   Is it in this thread?  Or can you link it?

40 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

i disagree, and i'm usually a fan of raspy axl. he sings way more like chinese democracy than UYI in this, but its not "the weakest yesterdays" ever.. i'd rather this kind of singing on this sort of song rather than motorboatthroat axl in 1991.

Neh sounded better in 2014. 

but this was at the end of a run where they played the song multiple times, I think if they play it more then he will get better at it. But that 2014 version was brilliant IMO 

• Like 2